Strongboxes - what do they reward you?

Greetings travelers,

Does anyone know what the Strongboxes exactly reward you? To be specific: the Steel, Bronze, Silver and Golden Strongboxes. I've been farming BGs for about 10 days now and Arenas as well, but it's still not clear to me what exactly each strongbox can reward you. I've Googled, checked the official WoW-forums, Wowhead and Arenajunkies, but there's no useful or up-to-date info at all. Can every type of Strongbox contain Warforged PvP-gear? Can they all contain both PvP ilvl gear-sets (600 & 620)? What about the Steel (arena) Strongboxes? I've opened up roughly 40 Steel ones already and I have yet to find a piece of armor in them.

99% of the info on WoWhead regarding the strongboxes is incorrect, as they date back to the Beta, when things were completely different from now. F.I.:

1. You do not get a piece of armor from every strongbox you receive like it was in the Beta.
    2. You do not get all 3 strongboxes for winning a game, you either get nothing, Bronze, Silver or Gold depending on your score, unlike Blizzard has said at first.

TL;DR: Strongboxes info is either incorrect or missing.

So does like anyone know what you can get exactly from each Strongbox, and if the chances increases to find one if you win a better Strongbox? And by how much?

Note: I'm not ranting or accusing the Beta or Blizzard for something or so, I'm just curious about the Strongboxes and their loot-granting systems.

They give you one of these, never more than one:
    *small amount of honor
    *small amount of gold. like 25g or something.
    *poor man's pvp item, aka "aspirant combatant's" - basically a pvp item but of a lower item level than the one sold by the pvp vendor, which are "primal combatant".
    *regular pvp item. yeah, the good pvp items drop in boxes as well.

The epic boxes have a higher chance to drop items but it's not guaranteed. Green boxes have a low chance to drop an item.
    Unfortunately, the drop doesn't account for items you already got, so getting duplicates is very much possible.

I've never gotten anything except gold from a gold strongbox.

Deleted
    Got about 20 gold boxes in total, had about 6 capes so far, 4 of them with the same stats. Got maybe 5 actual items from the boxes, all ilevel 600.