Upgrading to level 2 items

Super noob question here: how do we upgrade from crafted 640 stage 1 items to level 2? My main isn't a tailor, and I got a crafted 640 chest, which I would want to upgrade. So what do I do now? I do have a Tailor Emporium, which I used to reroll the (horrible) stats. What now?

Thanks.

This is the item/recipe you are looking for: http://www.wowhead.com/item=114871

No idea if you can make it with the tailoring building or if you actually need the profession (only have tailoring building on an alt with the profession.)

edit: looks like you do actually need the profession to make that item. so, time to hit up the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know you have to buy the item that lets you upgrade. Not sure the name of the Tailor one though. I know on my AH there arent any for LW since the pattern costs 5 dailies to buy, and are somewhat expensive to make.

You have to be a tailor to make the item, building only gets you the 640s. You can buy the upgrade item off a tailor though, but they will most likely charge a pretty steep amount given the mats required.