Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New swtor player

I am a new player and would love any tips and such from the people on this website, and also which class is the easiest at the beginning? I will also have the benefits of a sub. thanks to all!

Quote Originally Posted by jam0209j View Post
    I am a new player and would love any tips and such from the people on this website, and also which class is the easiest at the beginning? I will also have the benefits of a sub. thanks to all!
    Well my first tip was going to be to get a sub, so you're already covered there.

The best advice I can give you is that no matter what class you end up choosing, to take your time and enjoy the story and leveling process. It's tough to go wrong with any of the class story lines (though some are better than others, but that's subjective).

i don't have experience across all classes so I can't give you much advice on which is easiest to start off with. I'd have to say Consular/Inq but that's just me ofc. I've always been more skilled with ranged.

• Rocket Boots. Use the Cartel Coins you got from subbing to unlock them. They are great.
    • Marksmen Sniper/ Sharpshooter Gunslinger or Gunnery Commando/Arsenal Mercenary I believe are the simplest rotation wise. Although that's a matter of opinion.
    • Don't try to rush to cap. Take your time and enjoy the story on your first character. The leveling experience is great in TOR.
    • Don't go full Light or Dark side. Pick the choices you would make.

Thanks! I bought Rocket Boots and have started a consular i plan on going sage with. Very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    This is a good one. There are items that require a certain light or dark side rating in order to use them, but they aren't necessary. I think I came across 2 while leveling my first character and neither was an upgrade at the time. The added immersion benefits of having your character make choices that you would make in game really add to the experience. There will be time for creating full dark side lunatics or full light side heroes later. For your first, maximize your experience and really enjoy yourself!

Enjoy your Consular!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    STILL WAITING ON THE REWARDS FOR GRAY MORALITY THAT THEY DISCUSSED SHORTLY AFTER LAUNCH OVER 3 YEARS AGO

/angryranting

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    STILL WAITING ON THE REWARDS FOR GRAY MORALITY THAT THEY DISCUSSED SHORTLY AFTER LAUNCH OVER 3 YEARS AGO

/angryranting
    Hey, they finally gave us guild capital ships which were also discussed after launch three years ago, so I'm sure that's somewhere in the pipeline.

To OP, my best recommendation would be to play everything to the end of their starter planets. You won't get a whole lot of what they're like to play at higher levels (since you won't have an Advanced Classs by then), but almost every ability you get will continue to be relevant to both of the base class' ACs. This will help, though, in giving you an idea as to what each class' story is gooing to be like and will also help determine what you're going to enjoy visually - which is important!
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by jam0209j View Post
    Thanks! I bought Rocket Boots and have started a consular i plan on going sage with. Very excited!
    You wont be disappointed in the rocket boost. Especially if you bought all the levels. Mount speed in places you cannot use a mount every 18 or so secs is pretty nice.

I did the same as you with my first toon. Sage healer and used qyzen as a tank. The content clearing was a bit slower but in keeping Qyzen geared as a tank and gear for myself, There was no quest I couldn't solo expect H4's and even that might be easier now.

Get the field respec and swap from healer or DPS on the fly or as needed. It might make things a bit smoother and keep leveling at a faster pace. Swapping to heals only as you need.

New player here as well...
    What are those rocket boots, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarbos View Post
    New player here as well...
    What are those rocket boots, if I may ask?
    It's a legacy perk you can get with cartel coins or in game credits. It lets you move at mount speed with rockets every 30 second. The rockets last 12 or so seconds so you get to reuse it about every 18 secs. What's great is it can also be used where mounts cannot, such as indoors. It's awesome for getting around.

You can also use them right at level 1. Makes the starter planets go a lot quicker when you can spend almost half the time moving around at mount 3 speed. Of course you also need to unlock both cooldown reductions to get them to be a 30 second cooldown.

It's definitely one of the very first things you should unlock. If you're a newer player I'd recommend using cartel coins as I believe the boots + both cooldown reduction unlocks is 3-4+ million credits. When I play other mmos is one of those things I really miss. It's worth every credit/cartel coin.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Southern Oregon, United States of Awesome
    When you start doing Flashpoints, don't let anyone pressure you into "spacing" through all the dialogue. Maybe once you've run it a few times you can, but not the first 1-2.

I agree with everyone talking about rocket boost, it really is amazing. So is level 10 speeder training... but I forget if you're able to get that without Legacy or not, and you won't have your legacy until after you've finished chapter 1 of your first character. Also, as already said, take your time...this game is all about the journey, the leveling experience is top notch.

IMO, Bounty Hunter is one of the easiest due to getting your healing companion after the starting planet, but if you get Cartel coins and get Treek it's a moot point as then any class you choose will have a healing companion at level 10.

I personally found Sith Warrior the easiest to level, but I think that's just because I loved the gameplay and the story so much. Your mileage may vary based on your tastes.

I'm currently leveling a Sith Sorcerer and I'm having a blast with her! I'm not sure what realm you're on, but if you are or ever come to The Bastion my guild is looking for more laid back people.

We have a running Team Speak 3 server and play pretty much all day. Also, if you're a sub and would like 7 days free game time, 1 character transfer, and a bx of feature unlocks, you can use my link if you would like to. http://www.swtor.com/r/JWmwfl

I hope you enjoy your leveling experience. It's great the first time.

Ah, so I have to be level 10 to see them in the Cartel Market? I checked for them yesterday, but could not find them (I was not lvl 10 yet though). Will check again today after work, I guess.
    Regarding the speeder, I thought lvl 15 is required for that, no?

Ah, so I have to be level 10 to see them in the Cartel Market? I checked for them yesterday, but could not find them (I was not lvl 10 yet though). Will check again today after work, I guess.
    Regarding the speeder, I thought lvl 15 is required for that, no?
    The Rocket Boots are part of the Legacy Perks system. Press Y and check out the Legacy section.

Thanks, found them.
    They are nice...is it worth buying the faster cooldown as well, or are there other things I shuld buy for my currently remaining 140 coins?

I hope you enjoy your leveling experience. It's great the first time.[/QUOTE]

^^^

Thanks, found them.
    They are nice...is it worth buying the faster cooldown as well, or are there other things I shuld buy for my currently remaining 140 coins?
    I think rocket boost is great with all the levels. I think you should go for it as it's great to have in the leveling process and I'm not sure what else you can really get for 140 coins.

I think rocket boost is 400 coins for the first level and 120 coins for each level after that. I'm not entirely sure on those figures though but again, I'm not sure what else you can buy that would make a difference for that amount of coins.

Figure I'd post here for help since I am basically a new player in most regards. I played in the beta and actually bought the CE way back when, but after playing so much in the beta, I just didn't really have it in me to bother finishing any character once it went live ironically...then other stuff came up and I pretty much checked out for good once they announced ftp.

So my question is, since I'm basically starting anew for better lack of a word, is there any recommendations for like servers and such? Just go with whatever has the highest pop or close to it for whatever side I choose? Is any of that old CE stuff worth anything to get an edge in coming back?