Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What specs are struggling in pvp since wod release?

Been gone a while, just curious which class/specs are having a bad time in the arenas, or pvp in general since release.

Deleted
    I have not noticed any classes doing that badly so far, but it's early days and this is from a few battlegrounds, skirmishes and ashran.

There are certainly some classes and specs that are stronger than others and one or two that are way too strong IMO, but not encountered anything that I though was really weak so far.
    Maybe warlocks if anything actually, not seen many so far, but the ones I have seen have not been that threatening to me.

Deleted
    Enhancement and shamans have insane survivability, but do zero damage. Elemental shamans only do zero damage.

Only a really, really good affliction lock can do stuff. All other lock specs are pretty much useless.

Arms and fury warriors are only mediocre.

Fire and arcane mages are only mediocre.

ALL other specs are either fine or way overpowered.
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2014-11-30 at 01:19 AM.

Deleted
    Holy Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman in general are pretty weak - Enhancement has some survivability but it's still a far cry from the other melee classes; Elemental has none whatsoever and Restoration seems to be one of the weaker healers. Burst and damage in general doesn't seem to exist at the moment either.

I rarely see Warlocks. I'm not sure what Blizzard has done with them but they're few and far between, however, I've seen Demonology do some things in the hands of good players.

Every Warrior and his dog is Gladiator Stance so I can't say anything about Arms or Fury, I literally have not fought any yet.

Arcane is bad as always, Fire seems to be in a weird position and both specs are overshadowed by Frost in both PvE and PvP at the moment.

Feral seems to have been the only spec that was fixed after the recent tuning pass - every other spec is average or strong.

Shaman needs some love in PvP. Shamans are completely piss poor right now. I expect they will get some buffs soon once the pvp season starts.

Other than that, almost every melee capable class has a viable spec.

Look for feral druids, unholy/frost dk, sub rogue, any flavor of warrior, and hunters to shine brightest this season. Game is very caster unfriendly currently.
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2014-11-30 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Shaman needs some love in PvP. Shamans are completely piss poor right now. I expect they will get some buffs soon once the pvp season starts.
    It's the first expansion where ALL of the shaman specs feel bad. Even resto - yes, resto is better than enh or ele, but resto shamans are much worse than other healer specs, save for monks (and if you are a monk, you can at least go ww - it's not OP, but it's good enough, way better than resto shamans for healers).

They did buff the damage of shaman DPS specs - but the numbers that seem big on paper, like, 35% to X, 30% to Y, convert into small 3-5% increases overall. That might be fine for PVE, but absolutely not enough for PVP - they should either increase damage way more, or, preferably, add survivability / damage on the move / utility. Right now, the moment you see a shaman on the enemy side, you think "great, one less body to care about / free frag". Ah, whom am I kidding, there are entire forums discussing this...
    Last edited by rda; 2014-11-30 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's the first expansion where ALL of the shaman specs feel bad. Even resto - yes, resto is better than enh or ele, but resto shamans are much worse than other healer specs, save for monks (and if you are a monk, you can at least go ww - it's not OP, but it's good enough, way better than resto shamans for healers).
    Not sure I really agree, Resto Shamans are perfectly viable, they're weaker than Disc/RDruid because those two specs are just kind of nuts right now. But they're equal or a little ahead of HPals, and they're definitely better than MW Monks.

The spec is harder to play, but that doesn't mean it's bad, just more difficult because they can't 0-100% heal someone instantly like they could in MoP, even though I did love my 400k instant cast heals, always made me laugh.

Enh/Ele are both trash tier though, not even sure how to fix them. Ele needs some sort of mobility, Enhance just needs a damn miracle.

I don't really think any other class is that weak though right now. Some specs are bad, Fury Warriors and Arcane/Fire Mages for example, but they have other specs that are strong.

Deleted
    The monk class as a whole is quite bad in pvp currently. Stabile for pve atleast but a wet noodle in a storm in pvp. Dislike pvp on my shaman bar resto, its ok:ish after the nerfs. Enhance feels like playing track n field, you press buttons like a mad man but it hardly has any effect.
    Feral and balance are both strong but i've been getting focused down quickly as feral in scirmish .
    Last edited by mmoc44505a06a9; 2014-11-30 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Are enhancement shamans really that bad? I've only seen a few and their damage seemed really good to me, I went 1v1 against an enhan sha my on my ww monk, he out geared me a bit but he totally wrecked me with his burst I don't know that much about shamans so I'm not sure what he did but my health dropped to nothing pretty quick even with fortifying brew up, seen other enhancement shamans do similar. But again this is from pretty limited experience in ashran, a few battlegrounds and a couple of skirmishes.
    Now elemental shamans seem totally shit, I'm use to having to lock down elementals as soon as possible to not let them free cast on me, but right now they don't seem to do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    The monk class as a whole is quite bad in pvp currently. Stabile for pve atleast but a wet noodle in a storm in pvp. Dislike pvp on my shaman bar resto, its ok:ish after the nerfs. Enhance feels like playing track n field, you press buttons like a mad man but it hardly has any effect.
    Feral and balance are both strong but i've been getting focused down quickly as feral in scirmish .

From perspective of a ww monk, our damage seems pretty good in pvp, not as good as mop perhaps but it seems decent enough, but we seem a lot squishier, I seems to be dying so easy to everyone even with my cooldowns up, never had this problem in mop, I think the massive nerd to our self healing is what has done it. Expel harm heals for such a laughable amount right now, that spell definitely needs buffing a bit.

And not sure exactly what they did with fists of fury, or why they did it, but it's pretty damn hard to pull off now against a target that won't stand still for you , though I think there's a glyph that fixes this, just need to get my hands on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I rarely see Warlocks. I'm not sure what Blizzard has done with them but they're few and far between, however, I've seen Demonology do some things in the hands of good players.
    Yea they waddle around, not being able to cast until they die. All 3 lock specs are dogshit right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Yea they waddle around, not being able to cast until they die. All 3 lock specs are dogshit right now.
    I'm enjoying it while it lasts, last season of mop was hell because of all the fotm rerollers, I'm enjoying not being two shot by chaos bolt now hope they stay shit for a while, teach them a lesson!

Seriously though they do seem terrible right now, not even logged on mine in wod yet, and only seen a few.

Classes I am seeing most is unsurprisingly ferals and ret paladins, in wsg here's usually at least 2 ferals and 2 rets on each team. It's like patch 3.0 all over again with all these ret paladins.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I'm not a 2.7k Warlock or anything, but I'm not a bad Lock by any stretch.
    So I will talk from the perspective of a slightly above average player, who isn't likely to challenge for Gladiator any time soon (which most players won't.)
    Affliction is still good for RBGs, 3's/5's at my level. 2's, it is a bit rougher because you got all the garbage rerolling Feral players but a lot of them either run kick bots, or don't kick at all so... take it for what you will. Last I checked top rated 2's guy was an Aff lock, so higher skilled players can do well. (Correction, as of now top rated Lock is 12th in 2's, previously though it was a human Aff lock.)
    Randoms and Ashran, I absolutely demolish people, Dark Soul/Orc Racial plus Soul Burn Haunt = Dead Allies (if only I could glyph a damn slow onto my Drain Soul...)
    Destruction, was pretty iffy, moreso after the nerf to ember regeneration. Running Charred Remains + Sac was personally the best Flag spinning I could come up with in the RBG's I've done so far, since we weren't running Dot Cleave in most, Affliction wasn't wanted. Couldn't do a lot beyond spinning the flag until help came but... I did that kind of well (other classes can still do it better), if nothing else.
    Demonology was odd. If people didn't pay any attention to me, and allowed me to blow them up in RBG's it wasn't bad.... that never happened in 2's or 3's, didn't try 5's.
    I wouldn't say any spec is struggling in the 1750-2K range but it is far from MoP level power.

My non-Gladiator scrub opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    My mistake still from last season, I thought they were running the counting the current skrimishes, since my Paladin no longer has his rankings from last season.
    My mistake.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2014-11-30 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    16 top 100 RBGs.
    8 top 100 2's.
    16 top 100 3's.
    0 top 100 5's.

All pulled off Ladders as I'm writing this.

Obviously shit.
    What ladders? Season doesn't start until next week.

kek

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I'm not a 2.7k Warlock or anything, but I'm not a bad Lock by any stretch.
    So I will talk from the perspective of a slightly above average player, who isn't likely to challenge for Gladiator any time soon (which most players won't.)
    Affliction is still good for RBGs, 3's/5's at my level. 2's, it is a bit rougher because you got all the garbage rerolling Feral players but a lot of them either run kick bots, or don't kick at all so... take it for what you will. Last I checked top rated 2's guy was an Aff lock, so higher skilled players can do well. (Correction, as of now top rated Lock is 12th in 2's, previously though it was a human Aff lock.)
    Randoms and Ashran, I absolutely demolish people, Dark Soul/Orc Racial plus Soul Burn Haunt = Dead Allies (if only I could glyph a damn slow onto my Drain Soul...)
    Destruction, was pretty iffy, moreso after the nerf to ember regeneration. Running Charred Remains + Sac was personally the best Flag spinning I could come up with in the RBG's I've done so far, since we weren't running Dot Cleave in most, Affliction wasn't wanted. Couldn't do a lot beyond spinning the flag until help came but... I did that kind of well (other classes can still do it better), if nothing else.
    Demonology was odd. If people didn't pay any attention to me, and allowed me to blow them up in RBG's it wasn't bad.... that never happened in 2's or 3's, didn't try 5's.
    I wouldn't say any spec is struggling in the 1750-2K range but it is far from MoP level power.

My non-Gladiator scrub opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

16 top 100 RBGs.
    8 top 100 2's.
    16 top 100 3's.
    0 top 100 5's.

All pulled off Ladders as I'm writing this.

Obviously shit.

How are ladder stats available, I didn't think the season started until next week at least? Do skirmishes count?

Deleted
    I only do arenas once in a blue moon (my top rating was around 1.9k) so take that into consideration as my playing field is World PVP. Yes, I'm that guy who just loves to fight people I know. Before the realm merging I used to know pretty much every guild in the Horde and had my own pet peeves and people I hunted down and camped for as long as possible and from what I've experienced so far in my worldly fights I can say:

- DKs seem pretty strong, specially Blood;
    - Warriors are exceptionally strong too but I don't think they're as overpowered as they were during 5.1 (as an example);
    - Rogues feel really hard to kill but they can't 100-0 instantly as they did at some points during late MoP;
    - Frost Mages are even more slippery than before and can be a nightmare to kill as melee;
    - Destro and Demo locks feel underwhelming, Affliction does really good damage, though;
    - Boomkins feel like Affliction Warlocks too me, Resto is strong too, Feral I'm not sure yet, haven't seen any that gave me trouble but I felt they weren't particularly good players;
    - Holy Paladins are pretty strong, Retri paladins will kill you and your whole family if you don't CC\escape when they pop their shit, Protadins are surprisingly strong against casters;
    - Shamans are a good class to farm for the Nemesis quests;
    - Hunters are ok;

(I know there's not much detail but it's hard to assess properly so early when people aren't entirely effective at their spec or don't have PvP gear, etc)

Deleted
    One thing that's annoying me in pvp at the moment as a melee is one rogue talent, burst of fucking speed.

Most annoying talent ever, I get a rogue to low health, and then they can just spam spring that removes all slows and snares instantly, it's so irritating and just about every rogue I encounter seems to be using it. It's most annoying in war song gulch, impossible to kill rogue flag carrier with it, I thought for sure that talent would be getting nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Not sure I really agree, Resto Shamans are perfectly viable, they're weaker than Disc/RDruid because those two specs are just kind of nuts right now. But they're equal or a little ahead of HPals, and they're definitely better than MW Monks.
    OK, I agree with that. Disc / rdruid >> hpala / rshaman >> mw monks. Holy priests are half-way from rshaman to disc / rdruid. If we take that disc / rdruid are just imbalanced big time (and they are), then we can say that rshamans are where it should be (and mw monks need buffs, no questions).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    OK, I agree with that. Disc / rdruid >> hpala / rshaman >> mw monks. Holy priests are half-way from rshaman to disc / rdruid. If we take that disc / rdruid are just imbalanced big time (and they are), then we can say that rshamans are where it should be (and mw monks need buffs, no questions).
    MW seems very weak in pvp now, might be because they have no actual instant heals now, uplift has a cast time now, costs 2 chi and doesnt even heal that much honestly. if you get interupted or stunned you're basically dead. all you can hope to do is roll away.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnalsyn View Post
    Been gone a while, just curious which class/specs are having a bad time in the arenas, or pvp in general since release.
    Ret Paladins, MM Hunters, Unholy DKs, Feral Druids. Absolutely don't play those classes/specs, they are terrible.