Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    On top of all the things you've stated, we also have an 8sec stun, that isn't a loss of DPS (Internal Bleeding hits like a motherfucking truck, seriously. DoT is about 65-70k damage), and makes the mob do 50% of its damage for 6sec afterward. This is INSANE soft crowdcontrolling.
    If you're using Internal Bleeding you ARE costing damage. It does what? 30-40k damage? The only way that's a gain for the group is if the group's dps is less than ~50k, or if the kidney shot is somehow DR'd (which good coordination can cover).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-12-02 at 08:03 PM.

Whatevery, especially in WoD blizzard made sure to include enough middle fingers to ranged to make my guild warlock swear like a sailor since his first dungeon.
    Seems like the usual want-to-be-perfect failers trying to blame someone else.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Whatevery, especially in WoD blizzard made sure to include enough middle fingers to ranged to make my guild warlock swear like a sailor since his first dungeon.
    Seems like the usual want-to-be-perfect failers trying to blame someone else.
    You mean the lock in your guild, or you as the failer?

Deleted
    I'm starting to think that threads like these are the ones really making people who browse the forum's at a glance think this is true and it will spread and become true. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    I'm starting to think that threads like these are the ones really making people who browse the forum's at a glance think this is true and it will spread and become true. :/
    I mean people trying to make melees look like an unbearable liability are failing at wow.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    People generally prefer ranged dps over melees, it's been like this for a while. However, a good combat rogue will absolutely destroy every other damage dealers in CMs and imo are very very valuable. If they are good enough to be able to avoid stuff on the ground etc, they are an asset not a liability, and it's their loss if they don't want you.

Deleted
    If I would build a CM group, I myself would pick ranged over melees too. It's because of the high amount of VERY BAD PLAYERS who don't know shit about their class/specc. I will always see anyone I don't know and haven't seen in a dungeon before as a complete scrub. Because melee involves a bit more skill dodging AE it's easier to pick a ranged dps.

Don't get me wrong, I play rogue myself, and for me it's as hard to get in to a random CM Group as for you. Just wanted to state my point of view, which might be the standard everyone else.

Deleted
    well, why bring a rogue if u can bring a hunter?
    if i'd host a cm group, rogues wouldn't be my tier one pick either

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I mean people trying to make melees look like an unbearable liability are failing at wow.
    yeah, I always felt like that melees in general are a bit harder to play in terms of avoiding damage (because you have to move more in most fights, than a ranged class) but in return can yield better performance, especially in very dynamic fights with multiple adds, like every dungeon is.

Deleted
    rogues are one of the classes you'd be stupid not to take with you no matter where you go, Free invis pot, will take the least amount of damage, hardly requires healings. rogues are by far the most useful melee in terms of what they can bring and what they can save you.

Deleted
    I love a Rogue in my CM groups. 2 CCs and the ability to dispell Enrage. Super strong AoE (in combat spec) for the easier packs. High self-sustainability through Cloak and Leeching/Cheat Death. Smoke Bomb is absolutely godly in some encounters. AoE Stealth for skipping annoying packs. Rogues are champs.

Deleted
    These ''omg my class is useless in XX scenario'' threads are a dime a dozen. Make friends, stop pugging.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    If you're using Internal Bleeding you ARE costing damage. It does what? 30-40k damage? The only way that's a gain for the group is if the group's dps is less than ~50k, or if the kidney shot is somehow DR'd (which good coordination can cover).
    You didn't read the last part of the sentence. It does up to 70k. You'd need your group to deal (on that target alone, not AoE'ing) 70k in 8sec, that's 87,500DPS from your group, on a single-target, for it to cover the +10% damage received during the KS. You won't pull those numbers in 630. That's almost 22k DPS from 3 dps and the tank (I insist, it's on a SINGLE target, not the Recount-DPS you see when cleaving).

anyone who says rogues suck for cm's doesn't know what they're talking about. utility+cleave

more than one melee in a 5 man cm group is a bit of a liability though