Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    strange i dont recall anyone looking to add fully pve geared with normal gear for the rated bg's
    If you looked at the conversation you would notice the subject was world pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    You have to be trolling right? Cause if you are not... You get automatic 650 gear in PvP when you are in "PvE" gear. That's not THAT far from 675 ( 705 is tooltip bug ) and you are not useless and can fight back. Also getting full PvP gear is a joke atm, I've never in my life ( played since very late Vanilla ) gotten full PvP gear so damn fast.
    Gotta love it when kids whine about the lack of grinding, haha. Listen, kid, I ain't got enough time to spend weeks and weeks just to get full PvP gear. That would be ridiculous lol (part of the reason I didn't PvP in MoP). This might be news to you but having full PvP gear is a requirement in PvP... otherwise you won't stand a chance against anyone, kid. I think Blizzard made the right choice by speeding some of this shit up. If you want to grind shit, go play Runescape.

They still need to nerf druids with their self-heals though. Makes me want to kill myself.

ITT: Lazy raiders don't want to grind for an honor set like everyone else.

Also ITT: Bad raiders want to steamroll PVPers while they keyboard turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Gotta love it when kids whine about the lack of grinding, haha. Listen, kid, I ain't got enough time to spend weeks and weeks just to get full PvP gear. That would be ridiculous lol (part of the reason I didn't PvP in MoP). This might be news to you but having full PvP gear is a requirement in PvP... otherwise you won't stand a chance against anyone, kid. I think Blizzard made the right choice by speeding some of this shit up. If you want to grind shit, go play Runescape.

They still need to nerf druids with their self-heals though. Makes me want to kill myself.
    They weren't complaining, and you kinda sound like a tool calling them 'kid' every single sentence.

He has a valid point. Forget 'weeks and weeks', it took me five hours to get fully PVP geared.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He has a valid point. Forget 'weeks and weeks', it took me five hours to get fully PVP geared.
    Was this before or after the Ashran nerf?

Between the BG and Ashran strongboxes and the Gladiators Sanctum workorders, I was in full pvp (mostly warforged too) within a week. I ran maybe 8 battle grounds in that time and spend about 2 hours in Ashran. Not bad imo.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    You have to be trolling right? Cause if you are not... You get automatic 650 gear in PvP when you are in "PvE" gear. That's not THAT far from 675 ( 705 is tooltip bug ) and you are not useless and can fight back. Also getting full PvP gear is a joke atm, I've never in my life ( played since very late Vanilla ) gotten full PvP gear so damn fast.
    This, I geared two toons in FULL PvP gear in under 12 hours each. THAT is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Lazy raiders don't want to grind for an honor set like everyone else.

Also ITT: Bad raiders want to steamroll PVPers while they keyboard turn.

- - - Updated - - -

They weren't complaining, and you kinda sound like a tool calling them 'kid' every single sentence.

Took me three days and that's enough. If I had to decide this shit, I would just make PvP gear free for everyone before they queue for battlegrounds. Ta-ta, problems solved. Everyone is equal.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, total DBag, I had a similar opinion that the gearing is a joke. That isn't a complaint tho considering I am a major alt-o-holic. TBH, I am actually kind of glad they nerfed the barrier to entry into PvP and made getting 620s an incredibly easy task that can be done from inside your Garrison which is a good thing for those on heavy PvP realms. I personally hate sitting in dungeon queues (especially as DPS) to gear up and it would've taken a lot longer to get 620+ in PvE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Took me three days and that's enough. If I had to decide this shit, I would just make PvP gear free for everyone before they queue for battlegrounds. Ta-ta, problems solved. Everyone is equal.
    Good thing you aren't on the design team because that is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I rather enjoy getting the low iLvL level PvP gear in strong boxes and from my treasure cache for Glad sanctum. If they implemented an idea as idiotic as this, they would remove those rewards because there wouldn't be a point to receiving them at random.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Today I learned that you're expected to be in full PvP gear at all times except when in raid instances.
    So today you learned common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaw View Post
    why even mythic gear is only gonna be 10 ilvls higher than the best pvp gear which aint shit compared to what it was in mop
    So you want PVE gear being godmode oneshotting everyone like what happened in MoP?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    So you want PVE gear being godmode oneshotting everyone like what happened in MoP?
    So basically what PvP gear is now.

P.s. No one was one-shotting anyone. But I do remember the flood of tears on the forums when PvP gear didn't mean guaranteed victories for bad players. Most likely all the QQ had a lot to do with where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    So basically what PvP gear is now.

P.s. No one was one-shotting anyone. But I do remember the flood of tears on the forums when PvP gear didn't mean guaranteed victories for bad players. Most likely all the QQ had a lot to do with where we are now.
    Right now it is, wait until mythic opens and you have even better one.

(And this post is to different person by the way)
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Even normal raidgear was better than the best available pvp gear.
    What? No... normal raid was 553 ilevel.
    Pvp was 550 with +50% pvp power. The only gear that was better than pvp was the upgraded heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Right now it is, wait until mythic opens and you have even better one.
    No. Mythic gear will be downgraded.

Being punished for questing in PvE gear is bad design plain and simple. I don't care that PvP gear has an edge. I care that it completely decimates PvE gear and trivializes world PvP.
    Why are you playing on a PvP realm? And why don't you get PvP gear if it's so easy? Your story's full of holes!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything that has ever been implemented ever post-Vanilla killed World PvP.
    Sorry, but it's never coming into back full fruition. Get over it.

World PvP existed mostly because there wasn't any other place to do it pre-BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Why are you playing on a PvP realm?
    Because...
    I do play on a PvP server because I enjoy the occasional random skirmish out in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    why don't you get PvP gear if it's so easy?
    Because I'd rather play the game than afk in Ashran.

No. Mythic gear will be downgraded.
    To 690, in INSTANCES, so tell me how it is inferior to conquest gear?

I don't partake in any organized PvP but I do play on a PvP server because I enjoy the occasional random skirmish out in the world. Mists made great strides in putting PvE and PvP gear on equal playing fields where skill was important. But in WoD it seems all that has been tossed out the window. PvP gear has once again become an automatic IWIN. God forbid someone is out in the world in their PvE gear. Unless players are matched in gear, skill has become completely irrelevant once again.
    So with your bitching, you want to FORCE pvp players to PvE to be competitive? Fuck that. You either pvp since youre on a pvp server and get pvp gear, or go to a pve server. Why should we have to conform to you? Answer: We shouldnt.

PvP geared players should wipe the floor with you for being in pve gear. Just like you should wipe the floor with us in dps/heals in a pve environment (see raid) when we are in our pvp gear in your world.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Its just because the top pvp gear is available now, but the top raid gear isn't.
    By the time Mythic Furnace is out, we will be better geared out in the world then the PVP people again.
    It will be balanced out, just as of right now its a mess.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV