Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    It was the same at launch with MoP -everyone QQ'ing over the dailies and their associated reputation; the problem is that players feel compelled to finish every damned facet of the game, or out of obligation. Both compulsion and obligation are player decisions and not a design fault. By design, as is World of Warcraft, Garrisons can be min-maxed and can take as much (or as little) time as you wish.
    So what, because a bad system has been used in the past we're supposed to be okay with a new system that has all the same flaws the old system had and more? No.

At least with reputation grinding and dailies it ends eventually. Garrisons by comparison never end and have no catch up mechanism. Good luck if you decide you want to reroll in 6.1/6.2, getting a whole new set of followers up to 650+ iLvl just so you can get actual useful gear from missions will be super fun!

On the bright side -and by design -to alleviate that compulsion/obligation complex, Blizzard have designed Garrisons as an accumulator so that your Garrison Resources and Work Orders can generate over time with little interaction.
    Where's my work order system for garrison missions? Oh right, that doesn't exist. Not able to log on for the next 15 hours? Tough luck, your followers get left out to dry as there's no way to queue up missions. If you actually want to get any benefit out of garrisons while the content is still relevant, you have to baby them on every character. This is annoying enough with only 1 character, but 2 or more? Sigh. I better go check my garrisons!

Seriously though, go check your garrisons. You probably finished 3 or 4 missions in the time it took to read this topic. Fun, isn't it?
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2014-11-30 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    It's fine as it is.

1) Unlocking level 3 blueprints is account wide.
    2) Achievement progress (such as place x Barn work orders) is account wide.

As for followers, it would be incredibly OP if they were account wide. You'd have fully geared level 100's within days which trivialises everything.

And can people stop comparing it to Facebook games, you sound just as pathetic as the "omg pokewow omg kung fu panda" morons.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    And can people stop comparing it to Facebook games, you sound just as pathetic as the "omg pokewow omg kung fu panda" morons.
    I guess you haven't seen Facebook games. They are pretty similar to garrisons. Same mechanics, same "check in every day or even every couple of hours or lose", etc. Same "missions" which you never really see yet alone partake in, because they only exist in your imagination, too. I suggest you take a look.

The only two things missing are "please get your friends to play this game and get a bonus" and "please buy this good thing in the shop".

Deleted
    Here's why you are wrong.

It was the same at launch with MoP -everyone QQ'ing over the dailies and their associated reputation; the problem is that players feel compelled to finish every damned facet of the game, or out of obligation. Both compulsion and obligation are player decisions and not a design fault. By design, as is World of Warcraft, Garrisons can be min-maxed and can take as much (or as little) time as you wish.

If you don't have the time to max your Garrison(s) then simply don't max them.

On the bright side -and by design -to alleviate that compulsion/obligation complex, Blizzard have designed Garrisons as an accumulator so that your Garrison Resources and Work Orders can generate over time with little interaction.

Garrisons are a game designer's wet dream.
    Except that I never complained how time consuming it is or that I feel forced to do them on all chars. Try reading first.

Garrisons were good on paper back then at the Blizzcon 2013. But how they actually implemented it.. 5/10
    Last edited by mmoce04a3b2ccc; 2014-11-30 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the garrison size as it is now, it doesn't necessarily need to turn into a whole town. It would however be nice if you could make use of your alt's garrisons as well, so you could cross-character reap the benefits from the various buildings, as well as fill up the work orders.

the garrison should have been account bound and big like the iron siegeworks
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.