Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    When 2 targets and speccd in unleash element. Should i use unleash elements or just lava burst and chain light spam? Or should i do singletarget rotation.

    I am using the cl glyph

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    If I decide to take Primal Elementalist, I'm assuming that makes Storm ele my best choice for the 100 talents. Would that be a correct assumption?
    No, Primal Elementalist does not affect the damage of your Storm Elemental Totem, it only adds control via the pet bar, and some utility.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    No, Primal Elementalist does not affect the damage of your Storm Elemental Totem, it only adds control via the pet bar, and some utility.
    Really, that's interesting. Blizz really needs to reword Primal Elementalist then lol. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them to do that, though. Wonder why they designed it like that.
    Last edited by themaster24; 2014-12-02 at 08:31 PM.

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Really, that's interesting. Blizz really needs to reword Primal Elementalist then lol. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them to do that, though. Wonder why they designed it like that.
    If Primal Elementalist buffed Storm Elemental, you couldn't pick one without the other. A bit cookie cutter-y. But I do agree, it should be reworded.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    If Primal Elementalist buffed Storm Elemental, you couldn't pick one without the other. A bit cookie cutter-y. But I do agree, it should be reworded.
    I guess. Perhaps they could make Storm Ele only get a smaller buff, such that having Primal Ele makes Storm ele a more interesting choice, but not the default best? Idk though, from what I've been hearing, Storm Ele could use a buff in general.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameltotem View Post
    When 2 targets and speccd in unleash element. Should i use unleash elements or just lava burst and chain light spam? Or should i do singletarget rotation.

    I am using the cl glyph
    The two target rotation is just the single target rotation with Chain Lightning replacing Lightning Bolt. As such, Unleash Elements (with Unleash Fury talent) is your top priority spell behind Flame Shock, so you should cast that on cooldown just like single target.


  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    The two target rotation is just the single target rotation with Chain Lightning replacing Lightning Bolt. As such, Unleash Elements (with Unleash Fury talent) is your top priority spell behind Flame Shock, so you should cast that on cooldown just like single target.
    I feel like this isn't true? UF doesn't affect CL so wouldn't you be spending a gcd for temporary 10% LvB damage? Doesn't seem worth it.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Regorill View Post
    I feel like this isn't true? UF doesn't affect CL so wouldn't you be spending a gcd for temporary 10% LvB damage? Doesn't seem worth it.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    No, Primal Elementalist does not affect the damage of your Storm Elemental Totem, it only adds control via the pet bar, and some utility.
    I hope this is a bug and will be fixed. I like the idea of having an elemental up and running and it actually doing work. I've been running with Primal and storm for a few days and actually getting solid results, but if it could be fixed or buffed, that would be great! Since then I can run with storm, fire and earth, a nice little rotation of elementals!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeion View Post
    I hope this is a bug and will be fixed. I like the idea of having an elemental up and running and it actually doing work. I've been running with Primal and storm for a few days and actually getting solid results, but if it could be fixed or buffed, that would be great! Since then I can run with storm, fire and earth, a nice little rotation of elementals!
    Has been like this since beta, probably will not change.
    Last edited by Hirork; 2014-12-03 at 12:25 PM.

  11. #31
    Unleash elements vs Elemental blast.

    How much of a DPS difference is it? Got any numbers?

  12. #32
    Thanks for the informative guide. One question about CM though, are there specific talents and glyphs that I should definitely use? Maybe I am currently lacking the experience but my dps is on a fairly low level in comparison to the rest of the group.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameltotem View Post
    Unleash elements vs Elemental blast.

    How much of a DPS difference is it? Got any numbers?
    I'm interested in knowing this as well.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    I'm interested in knowing this as well.
    Yeah everything feels very basic, like no one plays shaman. Warriors have exact dps loss/increase for every talent. Is there any other website that has more info?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameltotem View Post
    Yeah everything feels very basic, like no one plays shaman. Warriors have exact dps loss/increase for every talent. Is there any other website that has more info?
    Check out Blinkenstein's spreadsheet at Totemspot.

  16. #36
    almost certain more flame shocks = more lava surges, i've thrown up 4 FS every now and again and it's giving me tons of procs.

    and i've not seen this noted in a change anywhere that it worked like sunfire/moonfire?

    in firelands i would pull 40 trash mobs flame shock them all, fire nova for 1 million damage, and had permanent ascendance due to infinite LS procs, no change has been listed.

    also as twin ogron i was keeping FS on both, and my fellow ele was not, i had around 32 more lava bursts than him.

    so i'm sticking with multiple flame shocks = more procs unless you can disprove this or find me notes of some change.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatic View Post
    Check out Blinkenstein's spreadsheet at Totemspot.
    Thanks mate!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    almost certain more flame shocks = more lava surges, i've thrown up 4 FS every now and again and it's giving me tons of procs.

    and i've not seen this noted in a change anywhere that it worked like sunfire/moonfire?

    in firelands i would pull 40 trash mobs flame shock them all, fire nova for 1 million damage, and had permanent ascendance due to infinite LS procs, no change has been listed.

    also as twin ogron i was keeping FS on both, and my fellow ele was not, i had around 32 more lava bursts than him.

    so i'm sticking with multiple flame shocks = more procs unless you can disprove this or find me notes of some change.
    Am I missing something, since when do ELE-Shamans have Firenova in WoD or can spread FlameShock to 40 trashmobs?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirork View Post
    Am I missing something, since when do ELE-Shamans have Firenova in WoD or can spread FlameShock to 40 trashmobs?
    He is referring to the fact that back when we DID have Fire Nova spreading Flame Shock, it caused extra Lava Surge procs. Which is certainly the case. With Warlords, Blizzard went around and changed it so that a lot of DoTs that procced effects only proc of the most recent effect. From my testing this is the case with Flame Shock now too, however many people are disagreeing with this, so I've removed it from the guide until I can properly prove either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameltotem View Post
    Yeah everything feels very basic, like no one plays shaman. Warriors have exact dps loss/increase for every talent. Is there any other website that has more info?
    You can't get exact DPS loss/increases into guides like this, because they require extra knowledge of the exact situation. To work out exactly how much difference there is, you need to know each persons exact stats, because they aren't flat % damage increases. It isn't "If you take Echo of the Elements you will do 11% more DPS than no talent" or something, because it is heavily dependant on how much Multistrike and Crit you have as to how much damage those extra Lava Bursts will do. If you have 0% Crit, Echo will give you much less benefit that if you have 100% Crit.

    All that is really feasible is to say which ones will - relatively - give you the best increases in each situation. For exact numbers, you need to Sim it yourself for your own personal situation. The *exact* numbers included in the Warrior guide are incredibly misleading imo, because they are only valid if you are in that exact set of gear. It has the scaling factors for each stat listed, but that 2.01 Haste vs 1.52 Mastery is only the right numbers when you have that exact gear. If you roll a Warforged, Gemslotted Item from Highmaul, all those items will change significantly, but if people continue to follow them, they may end up not actually being properly efficient with their gear.
    Last edited by Undefetter; 2014-12-05 at 12:25 PM.


  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    He is referring to the fact that back when we DID have Fire Nova spreading Flame Shock, it caused extra Lava Surge procs. Which is certainly the case. With Warlords, Blizzard went around and changed it so that a lot of DoTs that procced effects only proc of the most recent effect. From my testing this is the case with Flame Shock now too, however many people are disagreeing with this, so I've removed it from the guide until I can properly prove either way.



    You can't get exact DPS loss/increases into guides like this, because they require extra knowledge of the exact situation. To work out exactly how much difference there is, you need to know each persons exact stats, because they aren't flat % damage increases. It isn't "If you take Echo of the Elements you will do 11% more DPS than no talent" or something, because it is heavily dependant on how much Multistrike and Crit you have as to how much damage those extra Lava Bursts will do. If you have 0% Crit, Echo will give you much less benefit that if you have 100% Crit.

    All that is really feasible is to say which ones will - relatively - give you the best increases in each situation. For exact numbers, you need to Sim it yourself for your own personal situation. The *exact* numbers included in the Warrior guide are incredibly misleading imo, because they are only valid if you are in that exact set of gear. It has the scaling factors for each stat listed, but that 2.01 Haste vs 1.52 Mastery is only the right numbers when you have that exact gear. If you roll a Warforged, Gemslotted Item from Highmaul, all those items will change significantly, but if people continue to follow them, they may end up not actually being properly efficient with their gear.

    Thanks for clearing that up for me

    Great guide btw!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •