Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    does anyone know what is the stat weights for Elemental Shamans?
    It depends on gear, but Bink's guide on Wowhead has rough numbers: http://www.wowhead.com/guide=346/ele...n#stat-weights
    Elemental Shaman Armory: Holozoic

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    It depends on gear, but Bink's guide on Wowhead has rough numbers: http://www.wowhead.com/guide=346/ele...n#stat-weights
    thank you, but i cant seem to find if those figures are updated for 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    thank you, but i cant seem to find if those figures are updated for 6.1
    Nothing's really changed since 6.1 in terms of weights (aside from Versatility being weighted a bit higher after the ilevel buff), but if you want the most accurate stat weights you really need to use Simcraft.
    Elemental Shaman Armory: Holozoic

Deleted
    Hello i'm playing enhance (691 ilvl) and i've just starting playing around with elemental , last time i tried it was MoP . so i've a couple of specific question to min/max and stuff since things changed since then.

1) on 2 targets do i chain lightning instead of lightning bolt to generate more Shield stacks? ( asking it because as enhance isnt worth use CL untill 3 targets)

2) on 2 targets do i hardcast EQ (in the scenario they will live through the whole duration)

3) during ascendance beside spamming Lava burst , and using Earth Shock when it reach 20 stacks, i shouldnt press anything else, even Unleash Elements?

4) If Ascendance is ready is it a dps incraese wait before to use till i get my earth shock with 20 stacks to get the 2 Piece set effect (Multistrike dmg increase) so that part of my lava burst spam will benefit from 40% extra multistrike dmg?

5) as enhancement the few times i used Elemental fusion (100 talent) was to buff FS, should i use it on Earth shock? and if i have chance to, also on Flame shock

6) this is consequence of question 5, if i apply a Flame Shock non buffed from Elemental Fusion should i reapply it buffed or dont bother?

7) when i use unleashed Fury as 90 talent should i only buff Lava burst with it and not Flame shock ( asking this because as enhance FS is the only fire "spell" since Lava lash isnt spell but melee skill)

8) OPENER = Could you share with me the opener that you use ?

ty in advance for the help xxx
    Last edited by mmoc08ba0ac6b2; 2015-03-30 at 09:25 AM. Reason: things

Is the damage the same if I use Earth Shock around 15 fulmination? Even with the 2 piece set?

As ive read i should use earth shock after 12 stacks with 4th set.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Is the damage the same if I use Earth Shock around 15 fulmination? Even with the 2 piece set?

As ive read i should use earth shock after 12 stacks with 4th set.

Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedelicious View Post
    Hello i'm playing enhance (691 ilvl) and i've just starting playing around with elemental , last time i tried it was MoP . so i've a couple of specific question to min/max and stuff since things changed since then.

1) on 2 targets do i chain lightning instead of lightning bolt to generate more Shield stacks? ( asking it because as enhance isnt worth use CL untill 3 targets)

2) on 2 targets do i hardcast EQ (in the scenario they will live through the whole duration)

3) during ascendance beside spamming Lava burst , and using Earth Shock when it reach 20 stacks, i shouldnt press anything else, even Unleash Elements?

4) If Ascendance is ready is it a dps incraese wait before to use till i get my earth shock with 20 stacks to get the 2 Piece set effect (Multistrike dmg increase) so that part of my lava burst spam will benefit from 40% extra multistrike dmg?

5) as enhancement the few times i used Elemental fusion (100 talent) was to buff FS, should i use it on Earth shock? and if i have chance to, also on Flame shock

6) this is consequence of question 5, if i apply a Flame Shock non buffed from Elemental Fusion should i reapply it buffed or dont bother?

7) when i use unleashed Fury as 90 talent should i only buff Lava burst with it and not Flame shock ( asking this because as enhance FS is the only fire "spell" since Lava lash isnt spell but melee skill)

8) OPENER = Could you share with me the opener that you use ?

ty in advance for the help xxx
    1) Yes, CL replaces LB on 2 target cleave for extra stacks.

2) Not 100% sure on the math on this, I think Bink's guide on Wowhead may go into it but I can't recall and can't load it at work.

3) UnF before Asc is speccing for it. ES at 20 if you have enough haste and multi to bring yourself above like 9-10 by the time Asc is over. If youre about to finish Asc don't because your LvS proc will be waste as you end Asc with 2LvB available if Echo (which you should be)

4) Its not anywhere near 40% MS damage. 2p was nerfed to 1% per LS stack consumed a while ago. I cant answer your question though because Im not 100% sure if it would be more optimal to hold for x seconds for max 2p buff for Asc. I usually make sure I have a long enough FS and then dump LS charges pre-Asc regardless of stacks (as long as its more than 12 and I consume the LvS proc before I hit Asc)

5) Don't change your rotation for Fusion stacks. You generate so many youre almost never going to have ES or FS ready with no Fusion stacks. Just dps as normal.

6) I can't say 100% what will be more dps but if its going to mess up your shock cooldown timing with 2p and LS charges don't play around Fusion. As I said in 5 its generally not worth changing your rotation around because you will generate so many charges of Fusion.

7) Prio goes to Flame Shock, last I checked. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But I don't think its worth changing your rotation around to cast an additional Flame Shock if its already present. Elemental works on a spell priority system, follow that and youre golden.

8) Generally... (copied from Bink in another thread because Im too lazy to type it myself) Elemental Totem order may be SLIGHTLY off.. I mean, cmon they do within a couple percent of each other in damage. I think Lust on the pull is Storm Ele and otherwise its Fire? I can't remember.

5-15 seconds prior: Unleash Flame (if Unleashed Fury isn't talented)
    ~5 seconds: Searing Totem (if Storm Elemental is taken and Primal Elementalist isnt)
    ~3 seconds: Fire Elemental if Primal Elementalist is talented > Storm Elemental if talented > Fire Elemental
    ~1 second: Pot/Lightning Bolt (or Elemental Blast, if taken)
    Pull
    Flame Shock
    Unleash Flame if Unleashed Fury is taken
    Lava Burst until you can't cast it any more (ie: Echo)
    Ascendance
    Last edited by Canibehealz; 2015-04-05 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Menioned Ele Totem stuff

Deleted
    Thanks for all the answers much appriciated!!

Deleted
    I am not sure if this question was answered before but should I use unleash elements (without talent) on cd to buff Lava Burst? Or only for Flameshock on pull and on reapplying?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouke View Post
    I am not sure if this question was answered before but should I use unleash elements (without talent) on cd to buff Lava Burst? Or only for Flameshock on pull and on reapplying?
    If not talented apply Unleash like 10 seconds before pull and use it on flameshock and then never use it again, the global cd is not worth it.

Deleted
    Some question and sorry for bad englando :-)

1.) Is Storm Elemental Totem the best talent for a single target DPS like Gruul? I'm currently using Elemental Fusion.
    2.) Is the Primal Elementalist necessary for the Storm Elemental Totem?
    3.) I've never played with Primal Elemntalist. Do i have to use the spells for the greater Storm, Fire and Earth Elemental on my own for max dps or let them do/cast what they want? (Besides that: i've never played a hunter before and don't have any experience how 2 control a pet in raid)

EU-Blackrock: Feenomina

Quote Originally Posted by Feenomina View Post
    Some question and sorry for bad englando :-)

1.) Is Storm Elemental Totem the best talent for a single target DPS like Gruul? I'm currently using Elemental Fusion.
    2.) Is the Primal Elementalist necessary for the Storm Elemental Totem?
    3.) I've never played with Primal Elemntalist. Do i have to use the spells for the greater Storm, Fire and Earth Elemental on my own for max dps or let them do/cast what they want? (Besides that: i've never played a hunter before and don't have any experience how 2 control a pet in raid)

EU-Blackrock: Feenomina
    1) Depends on the fight length, really.
    2) No. PE only gives utility to Storm Elemental.
    3) Auto-cast should be on by default and you don't need to micro manage the Fire Elemental or Storm Elemental. Earth Elemental should not be used as a dps gain ever, but when specced PE it should be used between cooldowns for the other dps elemental totems for its Reinforce ability for damage reduction.

Heres a handy macro for Reinforce so you only have to use one keybind.

#showtooltip
    /cast Earth Elemental Totem
    /cast Reinforce

Tap the keybind twice and it will begin channelling its 10% damage reduction on you. Be sure to keep an eye on your elemental if you need the damage reduction, as it sometimes drops out of range of you and will stop channelling.

are there sims that show the difference between races?

Quick question. By an extreme stroke of luck I pulled the mythic blackhand trinket out of a cache. With the proc I find myself going well above 100% MS. Is there a MS 'softcap' for this situation, or is it not worth worrying about for the sake of a short amount of time during one proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Adus View Post
    Quick question. By an extreme stroke of luck I pulled the mythic blackhand trinket out of a cache. With the proc I find myself going well above 100% MS. Is there a MS 'softcap' for this situation, or is it not worth worrying about for the sake of a short amount of time during one proc?
    You spend so little time above 100% with the trinket proc (that spends so little of your active casting time running) that there would be more negative effects than positive by changing your entire gearset around to ensure that with the final stacks of the trinket you're not above 100%. Next tier, we may see some change if we by miracle hit 100% though.

Don't sweat it and congrats on your trinket. Welcome to the club.
    Last edited by Canibehealz; 2015-04-23 at 09:06 PM.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Hello, I may need to go elemental for Heroic Blackhand. What talents do you guys suggest?
    I did normal with EotE, UE and EF.
    Got 4 pc bonus already.

Quote Originally Posted by reaps0 View Post
    Hello, I may need to go elemental for Heroic Blackhand. What talents do you guys suggest?
    I did normal with EotE, UE and EF.
    Got 4 pc bonus already.
    I run Echo, PE and SET most of the time but SET and EF are basically equal. The movement required in the first and last phase diminish the benefit of Unleash Fury, assuming thats what you meant by UE (Unleash Elements, Unleash Fury etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Canibehealz View Post
    You spend so little time above 100% with the trinket proc (that spends so little of your active casting time running) that there would be more negative effects than positive by changing your entire gearset around to ensure that with the final stacks of the trinket you're not above 100%. Next tier, we may see some change if we by miracle hit 100% though.

Don't sweat it and congrats on your trinket. Welcome to the club.
    Thanks! I figured as much, but you can never be too sure with the crazy amount of number crunching out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Adus View Post
    Thanks! I figured as much, but you can never be too sure with the crazy amount of number crunching out there.
    No problemo, happy Lava Bursting.

Quote Originally Posted by Canibehealz View Post
    I run Echo, PE and SET most of the time but SET and EF are basically equal. The movement required in the first and last phase diminish the benefit of Unleash Fury, assuming thats what you meant by UE (Unleash Elements, Unleash Fury etc etc)

After 100+ wipes, im unleashing everything! Thanks haha