243. This poll is closed
  • Yes

95 39.09%
  • No

148 60.91%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Most of the game is dead without flying at level cap.

Everyone just sits in their garrisons.
    What an idiotic statement, nothing will change even if flying is added

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    because those items are fun, and with flying makes a lot of fun toys and items obsolete. Flying will ruin this expansion, everything was made for no flying and anyone can see that.

Funny how there are 4 expansion worth of lands for you to fly in to get your stupid annoying jollies worth.

There is no reason to have flying other than laziness and to omg I want to get done with my stuff faster.

People claim they want flying so they can enjoy the world better etc.. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT, who are you trying to fool? You wont explore worth shit when flying comes, all you will do is swoop down to your dailies, then swoop back up to every mob

Everyone is grounded and i love it... there are more reasons to keep flying away than to make flying happen.

There is still flying in the game, so you people who whine and complain, saying you miss it.. uhh go fucking fly elsewhere?
    You sound like a highly intelligent individual and express some very thoughtful observations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Very much so. People that complained that it somehow it "made the game easier" confused difficulty with tediousness.

What an idiotic statement, nothing will change even if flying is added

Then what was the point of your previous post?
    and whats was the point of removing flying?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Most of the game is dead without flying at level cap.
    Everyone just sits in their garrisons.
    That's exactly why there is a queue of players at every mob spawn in daily zones. Because everybody are sitting in garrisons. Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

No, and there is nothing in WoD that would prompt me to miss it. Nothing I do would be made more convenient by flying (in WoD).

Yes because im sick of running around big mountains to find a path that lead me up to the top after 10 minutes because blizzard is shit at designing good maps

I've never seen much point to remove flying other than encouraging world PVP and treasure hunting, both which I'm sure that not many people are bothering with. I don't like running around mountains all day just because there's some place I can't find. Something Blizzard has lost its touch this expansion is designing some decent maps.

There was never anything wrong with flying. If you want to feel immersed, than just don't use them, nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Right now, not so much, but in 3 months when the whole shiny new toy is dirty and used, I certainly will miss it.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought i didnt till i got that aviana wings thing from inn quest... gief flying back... or remove cd from those wings ;>

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    No, and there is nothing in WoD that would prompt me to miss it. Nothing I do would be made more convenient by flying (in WoD).
    Sure.... that can't even be possible unless you don't do anything.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

because those items are fun, and with flying makes a lot of fun toys and items obsolete. Flying will ruin this expansion, everything was made for no flying and anyone can see that.

Funny how there are 4 expansion worth of lands for you to fly in to get your stupid annoying jollies worth.

There is no reason to have flying other than laziness and to omg I want to get done with my stuff faster.

People claim they want flying so they can enjoy the world better etc.. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT, who are you trying to fool? You wont explore worth shit when flying comes, all you will do is swoop down to your dailies, then swoop back up to every mob

Everyone is grounded and i love it... there are more reasons to keep flying away than to make flying happen.

There is still flying in the game, so you people who whine and complain, saying you miss it.. uhh go fucking fly elsewhere?
    What was made for no flying? I inspected every zone in Draenor with my Hunter's Eagle Eye and all the zones look ready for flying, everything is textured, except Tanaan which is unfinished atm.

Treasure hunting? I finished that leisuerely in 3 days.

Leveling? Done in 3 days.

4 expansions for flying? That's like saying that there's dozens of dungeons outside WoD if 8 aren't enough for you, just go do Deadmines at lvl 100.

Flying will ruin this expansion? Everyone is sitting in the Garrisons, only going out for daily apexis. This expansion already feels dead in outside world.

There's nothing left to explore on ground, I explored it all in a week. I have every zone revealed and every treasure found.

What reasons are there to keep flying away? You don't even see anyone, everyone is in their garrisons. What do you gain from people staying grounded?

This is such a childish amalgamation of utter nonsense do you really, really, really believe what you type?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    As opposed to:

Everyone sitting in shrine with their flying?
    Everyone sitting in Org/SW with their flying?
    Everyone sitting in Dalaran with their flying?
    Everyone sitting in Shattrath with their flying?

Flying or no flying doesn't have anything to do with people sitting in their hubs.
    So then why just not enable it? You people were claiming loud and far that ground mounts were going to make the world more populated and alive.

Yes. It was fun to not have at first, but I don't even bother doing my pet battle dailies now because of the travel time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freebob View Post
    So then why just not enable it? You people were claiming loud and far that ground mounts were going to make the world more populated and alive.
    What? What "people" am I? All I just did was demonstrate that the notion of no flying causing people to afk in their garrisons is a stupid notion because the exact same process happened with flying. I'm neither pro nor anti flying but I guess it makes things easier for you if you just assume I'm on a side.

How about you actually read what I said instead of attempting to label people as "flying" or "no flying". Not everything is so transparently black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojonez View Post
    Very much so. People that complained that it somehow it "made the game easier" confused difficulty with tediousness.
    to be fair, most of the time i 'miss flying', it would only make it more tedious.... but i'd be active...

'oh look, i got a daily sending me over to this spot... well... guess i hop a FP and sit and stare at my screen for a minute and wait for him to get there'

with flying, i'd actively travel to the spot, and if i passed over any fishing nodes or such, i could have fun instead of regretting not being able to do anything.

i enjoyed no-flying while leveling. i always do. but i've seen the world, now i just want to pass by it at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    Sure.... that can't even be possible unless you don't do anything.
    Go on then, give some examples. At max level, my gathering professions are not sped up because I can zip around on a drake. I can queue for dungeons/lfr from anywhere, and at most I would have to take a whole minute longer to reach the entrance to Highmaul entrance when I raid with my guild.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

I have been enjoying no flying and going through each zone working out how to get to a particular treasure chest (gnomish gravity well and disengage ftw). Sure there are times when flying would be convenient...but it certainly hasnt bothered me. WoD was designed to not have flying and I like it.

I do not miss flying, nor would I care if they do not patch it in later.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    They should improve the flying mechanics, introducing acceleration when descending, and reducing the speed when flying upwards, with the wings moving appropriately and all... it would make it a much more interesting experience instead of being just swimming on air and alt+tab while you fly! Imagine gaining altitude to do a speeding descent and raise before the ground blazing with speed, reducing gradually due to air resistance and all!

It could still be balanced, as the average speed could be the same, but you would be faster when flying off ledges, like druids can do atm by switching out of flight form and back in before hitting the ground...