Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Uses of Dominate Mind

Has anyone found any fun/useful uses for Dominate Mind, so far? In terms of dungeons/raids, and such.

Deleted
    Havn't really tried any... I wonder if you could do stuff like activating the Iron Stars etc in Grimrail :P

Only thing I used it , it was in UBRS HC , droping adds in lava before last boss.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I haven't actually thought of it...
    I love dominate mind, but some many things are immune and now you have to talent it... They should just give it back to shadow, or make it a fun glyph.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    can MC the chainguards(?) in iron docks for a party wide haste buff (25% for 10sec ish)

generally MC in challenge modes does a tonne of damage from some mobs, I assume because of ratio of player damage vs mob damage these days. Hoplites when pulling the 3 packs before the 1st boss in auchindoun is fun for example ^^

also I use it as a 'stun'. Stopping mobs activating cannons / drake cages in UBRS for example.

The alternatives of fear / void tendrils just hardly seem worth casting these days with how quickly they break from damage.

You can run the Exhumers in SMBG to the bottom of the hill (I'm talking about the one that patrols after the first boss) and then cast the spell that summons adds. This prevents the top 2 adds from spawning, and instead you just get the bottom two with both exhumers. Not all that useful but most of what I've found with Dominate Mind so far is just damage abilities, and a lot of those require "player targets" and can't be cast on other NPCs sadly. Notable ones like Death Venom are fun though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I haven't actually thought of it...
    I love dominate mind, but some many things are immune and now you have to talent it... They should just give it back to shadow, or make it a fun glyph.
    tbh, not that many things are immune these days. The stuff that is immune are the kind of mobs that are immune to pretty much everything (all other CC + stuns etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Havn't really tried any... I wonder if you could do stuff like activating the Iron Stars etc in Grimrail :P
    Nope. Doesn't give you that ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only use is ashran/ tarren mill you will be surprised how fast they die from their own teams :S

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    tbh, not that many things are immune these days. The stuff that is immune are the kind of mobs that are immune to pretty much everything (all other CC + stuns etc)
    True, in general, but there are still some MC-immune mobs that can otherwise be CCed (gunners in grimrail come to mind).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    My only use is ashran/ tarren mill you will be surprised how fast they die from their own teams :S
    Great idea when you have that guy with the artifact who's being pocket healed by five healers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Stopping mobs activating cannons
    Those lead belchers do pretty good damage anyway, so it's worth grabbing them. They do a nice job on the flying crap during the arena boss, too (if you're not pre-aggroing those through the door before it opens).

MC is a mandatory skill for the Blast Furnace encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesp View Post
    MC is a mandatory skill for the Blast Furnace encounter.
    Care to elaborate on this? have no idea why this would be mandatory there.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthlessness- View Post
    Only thing I used it , it was in UBRS HC , droping adds in lava before last boss.
    They dont just come back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They dont just come back up?
    Interested in this as well. Most mobs tend to run the long way back, pulling every single pull along the way. Running up vertical walls if they have to.
    If there is no path whatsoever back up, these mobs eventually just reset and teleport back to their initial position.

Has this behaviour changed?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Interested in this as well. Most mobs tend to run the long way back, pulling every single pull along the way. Running up vertical walls if they have to.
    If there is no path whatsoever back up, these mobs eventually just reset and teleport back to their initial position.

There are some areas that are flagged to kill mobs dropped into them, but that requires work and given the extremely poor job blizzard did in that instance with adding transparent but camera blocking fences I wouldn't think they had spent time on this. Those camera issues affect everyone after all and the original parts of the instance demonstrate clearly how they are not neccessary.

You can certainly drop mobs off of that train.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post

Well..."UBRS HC before the last boss" I'm assuming he means the two patrols on the bridge to the last boss; the area below the bridge and platform (despite showing the inside of Blackrock Mountain) is one of those endless-pit styled instant-death areas. The kind where you fall into it, then the camera stops following you and you die. So I wouldn't doubt that dropping a mob off into it would kill the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Well..."UBRS HC before the last boss" I'm assuming he means the two patrols on the bridge to the last boss; the area below the bridge and platform (despite showing the inside of Blackrock Mountain) is one of those endless-pit styled instant-death areas. The kind where you fall into it, then the camera stops following you and you die. So I wouldn't doubt that dropping a mob off into it would kill the mob.
    Only if they have set that flag, otherwise mobs (npc) will come back up even if you would (pc) die.

Deleted
    actually the 2 mobs on the bridge before the last boss in ubrs don't die, they fall into the lava and just swim there for as long as you stay in combat with them. if you die or spectral guise they'll respawn

15+ Year Old Account
    In Grim Rail CM you can mind control the Gunner and Flamethrow their own packs - you will top damage and remove the most annoying and biggest threat mob from each pull

In Ashran / Tauren Mill I like to MC enemy healers and casters (anyone doing a lot of damage, boomies and such) and run them into our team - either the enemy team will try to kill the 'fleeing' enemy or I will drop MC when they are in the middle of our team followed with Silence - pretty much a death sentence for their MVPs

Works best if you coordinate with the melee on your team so they know to target your targets.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-12-01 at 07:31 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    In Grim Rail CM you can mind control the Gunner and Flamethrow their own packs - you will top damage and remove the most annoying and biggest threat mob from each pull
    Hm, interesting!

I should try doing that dungeon as Disc; shielding up the tank before pull and then MC'ing the Gunner. Sounds like fun :P