Twitch Stream Advice

I'm confused how to go about streaming and actually getting viewers. I'm unsure if it's the titles I play, or if it's simply my Stream personality, or something else.

I typically stream DayZ Standalone. I'd stream usually for 2 to 6 hours depending on how well I'm doing in game, and if I have real life things to do.

A good day, I'd get 5 watchers (at a time), but it seems I mostly have people poke in, and leave.

I'm unsure on how to keep my viewers around, and how to better attract them.

Is there any other streamers on MMO champ who can give some advice?

Deleted
    Female --> Show some boob and demonstrate moral vacancy in exchange for donations.

Male --> Get a sex change and see above.

Congratulations -- You're now a professional streamer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reach out to other streamers, as they're often pretty helpful with new people.
    Lethalfrag is pretty huge amount growing the community. Head to his page, and and he'll often give shout outs to other streamers, or let streamers talk to each other in his chat (give links to their page, etc.)

Seriously though, join the community. Don't be just another streamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It seems like a lot of streamers have spent a LOT of time streaming before they really took off. I see a lot of low-views streamers hanging out in other streamers' chats and making friends/networking. Talking to other big streamers and getting in their community, so they may host you or something. Also, for some people, it seems like you need to offer something to get people in. You will get a lot of fair-weather views but you might attract a few permanent ones to start growing your base.

Also, Generally speaking, you kinda need to be good at the game. For example in league, no one really wants to watch some bronze/silver/gold/plat streamer unless they have a killer personality or are a hot chick. Good Luck and if you're serious about it, stick with it.

Deleted
    A short time solution as mentioned before is to show some flesh. However if you are looking for a long time solution on your problem you need to find something unique that makes people want to watch. It can be stupid ideas to, like the infamous "fish plays Pokemon" or playing dark souls on a guitar hero controller.