Question General state of Shadow in WoD - worth investing time into?

Dear Spriests,

Having dinged 100, I'm looking for the next alt to take to max level, and Shadow is on my short list.

Problem is - I heard left and right that it's doing very badly, so I'm not sure if those opinions are mostly subjective, or maybe even outdated?

I'm interested mainly in the following:

1. How generally competitive is dps? I'm not after being in top 2%, I just don't want to suck like Affliction Warlocks currently do on AOE packs, for example...

2. How complex is the current priority system (or is there a rotation now?) - I haven't touched my Shadow priest in ages, so need a bit of a crash course.

3. How are Spriests faring in PvP?

Thanks for any insight.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

1) Single target, we are in the best spot we have been since t12 and Firelands. Yup, better now than t13. Multidotting is not that great, but it does enough dmg to get you by, especially if you can snipe SW and keep ToF up. On mass AoE, we are fucking horrible.

2) It's very different from how it used to be. Some might find it harder, some might find it easier. We are certainly not the easiest class to play, but I have only played Glad/Arms Warr and Ret so far this expansion (compared to those 3 specs, Shadow is the by far hardest to play, Glad SCharge/HS timings included).

3) Feels quite strong from the few BGs I have done so far, but that was just that, random BGs. And I am not a PvPer.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

1) CoP, once you get the hang of dotweaving, is fantastic. AoE is shit, might as well take Mind Sear off your bar. Just multidot and focus down stuff.

2) I think it's fine. In some ways it's like a glorified arcane mage, in some ways it's like a glorified ret pally. But it's not horribly different from what it was like. Then again, I explained dotweaving to a friend and she gave me a blank look and said something about being happy her class was simple.

3) I don't pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Dear Spriests,

Having dinged 100, I'm looking for the next alt to take to max level, and Shadow is on my short list.

Problem is - I heard left and right that it's doing very badly, so I'm not sure if those opinions are mostly subjective, or maybe even outdated?

I'm interested mainly in the following:

1. How generally competitive is dps? I'm not after being in top 2%, I just don't want to suck like Affliction Warlocks currently do on AOE packs, for example...

2. How complex is the current priority system (or is there a rotation now?) - I haven't touched my Shadow priest in ages, so need a bit of a crash course.

3. How are Spriests faring in PvP?

Thanks for any insight.
    1. As others have mentioned: ST is great, AOE is shit, even worse than Affliction Warlocks.

2. It is alright. Some priests hate it, some like it.

3. Time will tell, but i think we will be viable. You are squishy and will be target most of the time, so you will need peels. From my experience playing with a rogue, ret or mage works quite well in 3s.
    <inactive>

Singe target is good. i am usually 2nd or 3rd at least DPS wise. Aoe well what can i say that has not been said yet. i hope they will add mind seer back to mastery but yeah its Shite.

I love how you have options now. but it all depends on what talent you will use at level 100.

PvP it could be worse however as mentioned by Theed. we are getting picked out first most of the time. if youc an get your orbs up you can do some nice damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Thanks everyone,

Really surprised AOE is shit, as Mind Sear used to be easy-mode tool for lazy people like me.

ST is good news, but that's pretty much the same as Affliction Lock then - I just dinged 100 on him, wanted something a bit different with some hybrid stuff in it as a potential as well (i.e. healing).
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw