Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Highmaul raids: What lockout is tied together with loot?

Apologies in advance: Trying to get the loot tables worked out:

Mythic has its own loot table.
    LFR has its own loot table.

Are Normal and Heroic tied together? In other words, if I run Normal on Tuesday and loot the 2nd boss, if I run Heroic on Wed, can I still loot the 2nd boss or no?

Deleted
    I thought LFR, normal and heroic = same table. As in loot once per boss/week in one of the difficulties.

Ohh, I didn't think LFR was tied into the Normal/Heroic raids. So all 3 are the same table and Mythic has its own loot table?

all 4 are separate loot lockouts

You are mixing two things here.

There are 2 loot tables. One for fr and one for normal/heroic/mythic (well mythic has different looks for tier so you could say mythic has its own loot table).

And then there is loot lockout. Which is seperate for each difficulty. So you can get loot from the first Boss from each difficulty once every week. This is not counting bonus rolls which you can use as often as you have them on a given boss each week since you can run lfr, normal and heroic as often as you want. Only mythic has a hard lockout of killing a boss only once a week so only one bonus roll there.

All the raids have separate raid and loot lockouts. Meaning you can run LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic and get loot on all of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    You are mixing two things here.

There are 2 loot tables. One for fr and one for normal/heroic/mythic (well mythic has different looks for tier so you could say mythic has its own loot table).

And then there is loot lockout. Which is seperate for each difficulty. So you can get loot from the first Boss from each difficulty once every week. This is not counting bonus rolls which you can use as often as you have them on a given boss each week since you can run lfr, normal and heroic as often as you want. Only mythic has a hard lockout of killing a boss only once a week so only one bonus roll there.
    When you killed and looted a boss on normal you are not eligible for loot on heroic for the same boss in the same week that is the question here.

So you are not forced clear normal this week if you clear heroic anyway just to get additional normal loot.

Is the loot lockout tied to LFR/Normal/Heroic or is LFR it's own lockout meaning that even if you clear heroic you should still go LFR for additional loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoejoe3 View Post
    All the raids have separate raid and loot lockouts. Meaning you can run LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic and get loot on all of them.
    is this confirmed?

This will be a stressful week when you have to do all 3 modes to get maximum progression.. (thank god LFR does not start this week)

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    When you killed and looted a boss on normal you are not eligible for loot on heroic for the same boss in the same week that is the question here.

So you are not forced clear normal this week if you clear heroic anyway just to get additional normal loot.

Is the loot lockout tied to LFR/Normal/Heroic or is LFR it's own lockout meaning that even if you clear heroic you should still go LFR for additional loot.

- - - Updated - - -

is this confirmed?

This will be a stressful week when you have to do all 3 modes to get maximum progression.. (thank god LFR does not start this week)
    LFR doesn't drop tier anymore, so it's somewhat less worth the effort. It's a stepping stone to Normal. If you're running normal and heroic and you're adequately geared, I wouldn't burn out with LFR. I don't plan on running LFR on anything other than alts later on down the road, when they're not just lvl 92 or 96 profession/garrison mules.
    Last edited by Azzkikkrr; 2014-12-01 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikkrr View Post
    LFR isn't worth it for progression. It doesn't drop tier anymore. Don't burn out.
    Of course it is worth it for progression if you are serious since most people are not going to have each slot with 646 (lfr warforged) gear even after a couple of weeks of normal/heroic.

Deleted
    Let's do this again.

You can Enter LFR normal HC and mythic and you can loot from EACH MODE once a week unless you have the coins then you can go back and roll a coin on a boss you've already killed *THIS ONLY APPLIES TO LFR, NORMAL AND HC*

In terms of loot. LFR has it's own loot table (it does not drop raid tier sets)

So if you really badly wanted to farm Crystals / get your 4set you can go normal, then go HC then Mythic (once it's been unlocked)

Well yes. It is confirmed. I don't know why you refuse to believe it but you will have to run LFR (if you still can use 640 loot), Normal for 655 and Heroic for 670 additional to progressing through Mythic if you're a serious raider. The thing is: just because you can do it, does not mean you have to if you don't want to. Nobody forces you to do all these raids. That said clearing Normal Highmaul with a geared group should only take 1-2 hours total.

Deleted
    No serious raider will need to run LFR, by the time it opens you'll be in enough gear on your mains and alts to do what you need to do. If your main can unlock Mythic by the end of this reset, it's unlikely your alt will need LFR given the time you have to get there. LFR is for the slower guys leveling / gearing, it is in no way or form required by end game players, IF lfr was open next week then I would say otherwise.

Of course it is worth it for progression if you are serious since most people are not going to have each slot with 646 (lfr warforged) gear even after a couple of weeks of normal/heroic.
    For the first few weeks, maybe. But I wouldn't be running all three which is what I was replying to. If you're running heroic, LFR is beyond your needs that that point is what I meant. I'd see people doing lfr and normal, or normal and heroic, or heroic and mythic. Anyone doing 3 or more levels in one week is working a little too hard imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikkrr View Post
    For the first few weeks, maybe. But I wouldn't be running all three which is what I was replying to. If you're running heroic, LFR is beyond your needs that that point is what I meant. I'd see people doing lfr and normal, or normal and heroic, or heroic and mythic. Anyone doing 3 or more levels in one week is working a little too hard imo.
    you're more likely to be running normal / hc first week >> normal / hc / mythic 2nd week and then most likely HC(if needed) / mythic

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. /10 chars

- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

is this confirmed?

You won't be able to set foot in Mythic until the week after you've cleared Heroic, so Mythic starts next week. So you've only got two difficulties to clear this week, and if you're a first week Mythic kind of guild then clearing normal and heroic shouldn't be too stressful. And I suspect that clearing Normal next week and afterwards will have a very low return on investment for gear upgrades if your guys have been at all assiduous in gearing, so you could probably just do that with a subset of your raiders.

So wait..lets say its 12/9.. fast forward to when Mythic is open.

On Tuesday, I run Heroic and kill 1st boss and get an item. On Thursday, I run Mythic and kill first boss. can I still get an item from him? Isnt Mythic COMPLETELY different from heroic/normal/LFR? Or is the loot drop across the board regardless which of the 4 raids it is?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePriest View Post
    So wait..lets say its 12/9.. fast forward to when Mythic is open.

On Tuesday, I run Heroic and kill 1st boss and get an item. On Thursday, I run Mythic and kill first boss. can I still get an item from him? Isnt Mythic COMPLETELY different from heroic/normal/LFR? Or is the loot drop across the board regardless which of the 4 raids it is?
    wut?

You're literally asking the same question that this thread just got done answering.

no..Im seeing completely different ideas on how it works. its fine if its a hassle; i'll figure it out soon enough this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePriest View Post
    no..Im seeing completely different ideas on how it works. its fine if its a hassle; i'll figure it out soon enough this week.
    Each raid difficulty has a separate loot lock. The end.