Challenge mode BiS

For those that have most silvers and are starting to work on golds, wanted to see peoples on opinions on the bis for every slot for cm's. i also am in desperate need of bank/bag space and would like to vendor some of the dungeon blues id saved just for this.

I think we can all agree we want mastery+X on every slot, the only question is what X will be.

Im currently leaning towards vers or haste. just wanted to see others opinions on this. Knowing that vers is worth ~1/2 per point of the other secondarys doesnt make it seem to great but at the same time at the capped 630 ilvl and the way the fast paced cm runs go it just seems the flat dmg boost and dmg reduction is really strong

mastery + crit is bis

Quote Originally Posted by mich125 View Post
    mastery + crit is bis
    if we were using destro+cr i could see that but using demo/cata, demo/serv i just dont see how crit can even be in there at all

Destro/cata with master>crit>haste prio worked fine for me. Some golds before nerf some after. Shadowburns are pretty great for cm.

Deleted
    I've done 6/8 golds at the moment, I went with sacrifice & cataclysm, and another destro spec with supremacy & service. switched to doomguard for some of the bosses that were super heavy on movement and where the design allowed me to, namely last boss in everbloom, burial grounds, grimrail, okey every single last boss I could since its so much more damage. CATACLYSM with intpot, 500crit weapon proc, multistrike trinket, is just. dear god. nerf inc. +2million damage in one cataclysm seems absurd.

For gearing I preferred a tiny bit more mastery than crit, and haste over multistrike. reason for this being was the fact that I would be AoEing most of the time, aswell as shadowburning and spending an absurd amount of chaosbolts on trash compared to singletarget statweights and such. its been working out well. going to be finishing up the last two tomorrow, slagmines and skyreach, I hope those won't be as bad as I think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    if we were using destro+cr i could see that but using demo/cata, demo/serv i just dont see how crit can even be in there at all
    Unless you want to handicap your group you will not be running demo for gold CMs outside of the very first pull + boss.

What I want to know is, with the punitive RoF ember nerf is it better to go demo for CMs? Which has the better AoE burst?

What's even Destro's AoE rotation now? Use FnB until you're out of embers then go back to single target incinerates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What I want to know is, with the punitive RoF ember nerf is it better to go demo for CMs? Which has the better AoE burst?

What's even Destro's AoE rotation now? Use FnB until you're out of embers then go back to single target incinerates?
    I'm yet to try Demo for any gold runs, when I have better Demo stats I'll try it, pets can be annoying sometimes with running off or just pulling mobs.

Destro AOE is pretty much Cata then single target, rarely do I even use FnB as most packs have 1-2 mobs that need to die first plus most of the time you don't have enough embers to keep it up because of the RoF nerf.
    Last edited by Equoowe; 2014-12-02 at 05:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    Destro AOE is pretty much Cata then single target, rarely do I even use FnB as most packs have 1-2 mobs that need to die first plus most of the time you don't have enough embers to keep it up because of the RoF nerf.
    exactly this. whore havoc shadowburns as much as you can, and spam chaosbolts in the middle. its actually not quite bad since theres almost always one mob in a pack of mobs you WANT DEAD! hope this helps.

I have 8/8 golds on my warlock. I prefer a set-up based around mastery followed by crit. You really get to abuse embers in Cmodes, havoc and shadowburn is what keeps you competitive.

I played multiple specs for times, with the majority of the time being Cata/Sac. Some instances I went Demo on the first pull for burst aoe(ubrs, we pulled the entire first room) Some instances I had a 2nd sup/service destro spec for boss fights. Some instances I just stayed Cata/Sac for the entire instance. After seeing the challenge modes, you'll have a better idea of what to play for each instance.

If anyone is interested I stream CM's almost every night(though maybe not now with raids) However, I've been playing my DK as DPS for times instead of my warlock, lately.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!