Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

So what did you buy the girlfriend for Christmas?

I just did some last minute shopping online. My girlfriend was born on Dec.22 so I also get to purchase a birthday gift.

I went with Vancouver Canucks monopoly board with matching bottle coolers for the birthday. (She's a die hard Cancucks fan)
    For Christmas I took advantage of Thinkgeek.com's free international shipping and I'm going to put together a Dr.Who gift bag. Inside gift bag is a tardis blanket, tardis slippers, a tardis alarm clock with projection for the time, and tardis throw pillow to go with the blanket.

I went from "I shouldn't have to tell you what to buy me" to "Wow, you're a thoughtful boyfriend" in a few keystrokes.

How are you fellow boyfriends making out this Xmas as far as present picking?
    Same question to girlfriends of hard to buy for boyfriends.

I should also make a note that I'm the type of person that prefers to make a memory and go away for a holiday VS feed into the consumerist craze and purchase purchase purchase.
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2014-12-01 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    A large box of super absorbent Kleenex.

Really though, i don't have one.

I mean, there's a girl i'm seeing who has feelings for me and i think will get me a present, but do i return the supposed favor preemptively and buy her a gift?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I mean, there's a girl i'm seeing who has feelings for me and i think will get me a present, but do i return the supposed favor preemptively and buy her a gift?
    If you think she is worth it. Doesn't have to be extravagant just a small token to show that you were thinking of her for the holidays. I know myself when faced with this question I fall back on chocolates or something homemade. I enjoy baking quite a bit so for the inexpensive but will mean something gift I bake a variety of goodies and give away Christmas tins with baked goodies.

A new telehpone. I'm broke.

Deleted
    Wait, I have to get people gifts?

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire Avatar series (Aang, not Korra). She loves the series, but Nickelodeon is airing episodes in no particular order these days, it seems, so she wanted to see everything in order. Plus, it gives us another reason to lazy about on the couch every night

A few books she wanted (she loves Shel Silverstein, picked a few collections), a matching necklace/bracelet set that says, "I love you to the moon and back," as well as a dinner date and a small "vacation" (I.e. Spending time with me and friends, since she's been out of state at school) before she goes to Montana for the holidays.

A 3DS XL and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    A few books she wanted (she loves Shel Silverstein, picked a few collections), a matching necklace/bracelet set that says, "I love you to the moon and back," as well as a dinner date and a small "vacation" (I.e. Spending time with me and friends, since she's been out of state at school) before she goes to Montana for the holidays.
    But my sister doesn't go to school anymore.

:^)

A cardboard box so she could pack her stuff up and leave, i couldn't wait to after Christmas to get rid of her
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

My girlfriend left me for 3 months over study break to go home so nothing yet. Want to surprise her when she gets back probably with a nice meal gold class and then a nice ring or bracelet

7+ Year Old Account
    Steam games.

I got my guy things he'd mentioned wanting over the last few weeks... pizza stone, boning knife amongst other things. He loves pineapple, and I happened across a duck shaped, yellow pineapple scented soap on a rope... it was silly and I was stupidly excited about it. Also got him a 256 GB USB stick, some basic small camping supplies for a kit, some chocolate, and I knit him a stocking so I guess there's the materials bought for that, oh and I bought fabric and wrapped myself in a bow. Other than that just a few sentimental odds and ends.

She's more like a FWB but I got her some bone carved earrings she really wanted, some pairs of boots, lots and lots of sushi, an event ticket and a new pair of flow pants. It was a nice christmas
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    another TV, mine is minecrafted!

Deleted
    my gf was happy with her docking station for her iphone