Prot & DMC trinket.

Is it really worth it? The Bonus Armor is really nice but the crit proc seems a bit eh. I've looked up stat priorities (My pala is my alt so I'm a bit behind) and I've noticed that crit is pretty far down the list (BA > Mastery > Versatility > Crit > Multi > Haste).

Anyone shed some light on whether the trinket is worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Is it really worth it? The Bonus Armor is really nice but the crit proc seems a bit eh. I've looked up stat priorities (My pala is my alt so I'm a bit behind) and I've noticed that crit is pretty far down the list (BA > Mastery > Versatility > Crit > Multi > Haste).

Anyone shed some light on whether the trinket is worth it?
    Short answer no.

Long answer - Critical strike from procs doesn't currently count towards riposte, making it virtually useless for protection as the only thing it is doing is adding a little bit of dps. The bonus armor on the trinket is nice, but not extremely high and there are similar alternatives that drop from heroics without having to shell out the gold (or resources) for something like this.

Addendum: This all goes out the window if you upgrade the trinket in a timely fashion, but since most people here are likely planning to raid - odds are you will get something better long before upgrading the trinket becomes worth its while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Short answer no.

Long answer - Critical strike from procs doesn't currently count towards riposte, making it virtually useless for protection as the only thing it is doing is adding a little bit of dps. The bonus armor on the trinket is nice, but not extremely high and there are similar alternatives that drop from heroics without having to shell out the gold (or resources) for something like this.

Addendum: This all goes out the window if you upgrade the trinket in a timely fashion, but since most people here are likely planning to raid - odds are you will get something better long before upgrading the trinket becomes worth its while.
    Yeah I just had a quick look at the Highmaul trinkets and 3 stood out immediately that COULD be better than the DMC trinket. Since I'm actually planning to raid this alt on the weekends I guess I'll save the 10-11k.

Are those stat priorities I mentioned correct?

Crit proc on a tanking trinket is a joke. Marginal resource gain increase, not much else.

For the record, crit from a proc is much lower than crit as a regular stat, since procced crit doesn't give riposte parry.

Grats to gladiator warriors for that ridiculous trinket though.

Is the crit from proc not giving parry intended though ?
    As currently, when it's proccing, my parry value is actually going up on my character panel. Dunno what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Yeah I just had a quick look at the Highmaul trinkets and 3 stood out immediately that COULD be better than the DMC trinket. Since I'm actually planning to raid this alt on the weekends I guess I'll save the 10-11k.

Are those stat priorities I mentioned correct?
    Commonly agreed stat priorities are currently BA >>> Mastery > Versatility => Crit > Multistrike > Haste

So yeah more or less correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piwielle View Post
    Is the crit from proc not giving parry intended though ?
    As currently, when it's proccing, my parry value is actually going up on my character panel. Dunno what to think.
    There was a discussion about this in a different thread... potentially the Prot WOD thread.

I can't remember what the resolution was but would be useful to find out if intended or not for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

See the Prot Paladin WOD thread, they have buffed this trinket on EU servers (it looks like) and could potentially buff for NA as well.

Deleted
    Are these opinions based around the buff that just hit?

The bonus armor on Stage 1 Knight's Badge is now at +229 Bonus Armor, up from 117(?).

I took one off AH for a mere 12k.

Compared to my Toria's Unseeing Eye 159MS/159BARM the 70BARM increase seems to justify using it. And I guess the crit proc outweighs the 159 passive multistrike even if it won't grant any parry.

I don't really plan for the future of raiddrops etc. as of now the bufffed Knight's Badge looks really nice compared to what is available atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Are these opinions based around the buff that just hit?

The bonus armor on Stage 1 Knight's Badge is now at +229 Bonus Armor, up from 117(?).

I took one off AH for a mere 12k.

Compared to my Toria's Unseeing Eye 159MS/159BARM the 70BARM increase seems to justify using it. And I guess the crit proc outweighs the 159 passive multistrike even if it won't grant any parry.

I don't really plan for the future of raiddrops etc. as of now the bufffed Knight's Badge looks really nice compared to what is available atm.
    According to Theck's latest scale factors, this is indeed the case. Knight's Badge seems to be better only for it's BA. I too got myself one from AH for 12,5k. Guess the price is going to be higher when I return from work