Lend a (new) hammerdin a hand Please?

Good morning lads.

so, recently I made a thread about which tank to go, as my guild was desperate, Paladin won that discussion, here I am.. I dinged around 2 hours ago, Ilvl 632 at the mo, farming away (thankfully have plenty of gold, so sank 500k into BOE epics to get ilvl up) -

What I need help with is well, basic 'rotation'. and for the lower tier stuff, is Seraphim or holy shield best and more importantly for me.. is the extra bonus from seraphim WORTH the extra hassle compared to a passive?

and secondly.. weakauras. I'm finding between monitoring various cooldowns, hp generators, and things like Bastion/sacred shield/seraphim, I really need help in that department, would anyone be kind enough to help?

Thanks!

Deleted
    For the rotation, your best bet is Icy Veins. The prot paladin part is written by Theck, a well respected theorycrafter.

On Seraphim vs HS, opinions differ - personally, I feel it may be worth it for 5 mans but it is a little extra complexity. For learning the new boss fights in the raids, I may stick to HS as that keeps the old rotation that is more ingrained in me. As a new tank, you may not have the same constraints, but I think HS is a little easier as it is passive.

For the gory details, check out Theck's Sacred Duty blog. You can download his Weakaura strings from there too - they cover the rotation and CDs very well.

Thanks a ton Econ! I really appreciate it.

do you happen to have a link to the blog?

EDIT: I'm a moron nevermind!

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    On Seraphim vs HS, opinions differ - personally, I feel it may be worth it for 5 mans but it is a little extra complexity. For learning the new boss fights in the raids, I may stick to HS as that keeps the old rotation that is more ingrained in me. As a new tank, you may not have the same constraints, but I think HS is a little easier as it is passive.
    I don't disagree with anything you said but it's worth mentioning, even for a new tank, that having seraphim on tank swap fights gives you something practical to do during your downtime while waiting for stacks to fade.

For weak auras, (i can post my string later, but it is still a work in progress) I suggest the following (if you're confident to be able to set it up)
    Right beside your character on screen:
    - An icon showing your bastion of glory stacks
    - An icon showing your holy power
    - A timer showing time left on Sacred Shield or Eternal Flame
    - A big fat flashing image that pops up whenever Sacred Shield or Eternal Flame are not active.
    - A resolve meter (will need import a string for that, it's not a current option you can choose)
    - Icons or bars (can be made into a dynamic group) showing the duration for each cooldown; Guardian of Ancient Kings, Ardent Defender, Divine Protection, Seraphim (if you use it)
    Also you may wish to put a health bar closer to your toon.

You'll want to make a cancel aura/cast spell macro for Divine Shield so you can pop it and cancel it really quickly to clear stacks, roots or snares, or to run through fire if needed and then pop it off and pull aggro again.
    I also like having one for Hand of Protection as well.
    You'll also want a mouse over macro for Lay on hands, every hand spell, cleans, sacred shield or eternal flame.

Quote Originally Posted by antsterr View Post
    For weak auras, (i can post my string later, but it is still a work in progress) I suggest the following (if you're confident to be able to set it up)
    Right beside your character on screen:
    - An icon showing your bastion of glory stacks
    - An icon showing your holy power
    - A timer showing time left on Sacred Shield or Eternal Flame
    - A big fat flashing image that pops up whenever Sacred Shield or Eternal Flame are not active.
    - A resolve meter (will need import a string for that, it's not a current option you can choose)
    - Icons or bars (can be made into a dynamic group) showing the duration for each cooldown; Guardian of Ancient Kings, Ardent Defender, Divine Protection, Seraphim (if you use it)
    Also you may wish to put a health bar closer to your toon.

You'll want to make a cancel aura/cast spell macro for Divine Shield so you can pop it and cancel it really quickly to clear stacks, roots or snares, or to run through fire if needed and then pop it off and pull aggro again.
    I also like having one for Hand of Protection as well.
    You'll also want a mouse over macro for Lay on hands, every hand spell, cleans, sacred shield or eternal flame.
    Sounds awesome. and ty for the macro advice, didn't think about that!

if you could post your Weakauras I'd appreciate it!