Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I'm starting to get really disappointed in professions

I have tailoring & enchanting... They were good moneymakers in MoP, but in WoD it has been just terrible... Tried making a Hexweave Bag, didn't sell... Made a Hexweave Robe, doesn't sell... I mean what the hell is the point if nobody buys anything. Plus it takes forever to make anything, requiring 100 Hexweave Cloth... This just sucks.

And then enchanting, what a joke. Mark of Warsong, Mark of Blackrock, Mark of Shadowmoon, it doesn't matter, none of them sell. The only thing that sells is the one you start out with, Mark of the Shattered Hand. I can make a little profit off of that when the enchants are more expensive then the Temporal Crystals, but otherwise it's a joke.

So yeah I'm pretty disappointed, just wondering, am I the only one having trouble or is it a more common problem?

Who's going to spend 10k gold on an enchant for a crappy blue weapon? Patience.

the weapon enchants will start selling when people will get weapons that are worth using them on.. You know, when raids open..

But ye, it's much harder to make money with proffessions now, thank in MoP. Guess we just need to get used to how they work now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think blizz fucked professions hard but not for the same reasons as you. A dude with tailoring at 58 skill can make the same recipes as a dude with 700 skill. Stupid.
    And every single WoD recipe costs just a large amount of gearspring parts (im an engi myself) which you are limited to a certain number per day. I was really excited to start the expac and grind the christ out mats to get my goggles early until I saw what they did. Just awful

And no smelting bars?? WTF is up with that garbage?
    Last edited by Yosef1015; 2014-12-02 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    So 6 days = forever? You can produce them in 4 1/2 days once you have 700 tailoring
    Maybe the Hexweave Robe has bad stats for most speccs? Try to reroll the stats and then sell it for around 20k (depends on your AH). 15-20k for a few minutes worth of time for 6 days seems quite a lot to me.

As for the enchants. The expensive enchants will only sell after a few more weeks when people get weapons from the raid.
    Me, as a feral druid, for example: Mark of the Shattered Hand is the best DPS-enchant till i get mythic-itemlevel gear. I guess that is for a lot of speccs; so thats why they dont sell.

weapon enchants dont sell because mark of the shattered hand is the best one.

im not buying bags this expack, because they take so long to make and that makes then expensive as hell, they are like 5times more expensive than mop bags ever were and im not paying that much for 2 extra slots.

crafted gear is only 640, every idiot can make them and that random stat bullshit makes them even worse.

so yeah, professions are not that great in wod, but most crafted items still sell for like 15k, which is good when mats cost nothing

I agree, Blizzard don't want us to be able to get anything at our own pace - They want us to get it at THEIR pace. I was really excited going into WoD, but i'm getting more burned out than ever seeing as i'm not raiding this time around - It's causing me to really question what the point is, I can't even work towards anything because everything is gated by daily CDs.

Deleted
    I start expansion with Enchanting and Tailoring, after i did my first craft on tailoring a switch to Alchemy. Make nice few thousand gold on flask and potions rather then wait several days for one item in tailoring with random stats. If gear from craft have bad stats nobody will buy it so you have to reroll them.

Enchanting is actually pretty good. Sell few dozens of Temporal shards for a lot of gold. Now they get down to 400 gold on my server so its not so good anymore. Draenic dust went for 25 gold/1 before you could get it from blue items so another few thousand, now Luminous shard going up for around 25-30 gold since a lot of blue giving you draenic dust.

Overall i already make around 80 000 gold just by selling materials on AH rather then create something in profession and 250 000 gold by selling 2x BoE 665 ilvl that drop to me early on.
    Last edited by mmoca0b9d07d22; 2014-12-02 at 09:11 AM.

i dont know, u are doing something wrong. i mad alot of money in wod with professions.

My lvl 92 mage made 2 crafts at tailoring, and 1 craft at blackmithing, with the 2nd coming tomorrow. those 3 crafts have made me 45 k (first robe) 29 k (second robe) and 25 k (int shield i aimed to use for my main, but than i baught the boe because of so much money from my 3 crafting alts).

so i got like 100 k (another 20-30 k is coming tommorow) from leveling the char to a level 2 garnison (takes like 2 hours max), loging in once a day for 5 minutes, doing daily stuff + clearing level 2 mine.

I did this on 3 chars with different proffessions , and as a result my main is decked out in crafted gear, i baught all usefull random epics for shitloads of gold, and my gold on this realm has increased from 80 k to like 150 k while buying all those overprized stuff.

IF i woud have sold all stuff i crafted, i would have like 450 k gold right no. and i had like 80 k when wod started.

I dont think professions are bad, i really like the fact that u can make stuff while only logging in once a day for 5-10 minutes, and my lvl 3 Barn i was allowed to built early due to barn spamming on the 3 alts alone is yielding mats worth 3-4 k a day.

Now imagine a dedicated guy that did this with 10 chars. he would have made like 1,5 million gold in the last 3 weeks on my realm from crafting.

Of course if you are spending 100 daily cd mats on a freaking bag thats only 2 slots more than the old one... Op basically threw 30 k gold down the toilett with this one mousclick.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2014-12-02 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree the proffesions did take a huge hit, currently the best flasks sell for 35 gold on my server, you get like double that just selling the mats :/

Deleted
    really O.O only 35 Gold:

The great ones (250) are 80 Gold on our server, with the small ones (200) are 12 Gold

-------------------------
    You could have your 670 googles by now, by "grind the christ out"... I have 1 670 item, and 2 640 items; and that is with only 1 twink.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i dont know, u are doing something wrong. i mad alot of money in wod with professions.

My lvl 92 mage made 2 crafts at tailoring, and 1 craft at blackmithing, with the 2nd coming tomorrow. those 3 crafts have made me 45 k (first robe) 29 k (second robe) and 25 k (int shield i aimed to use for my main, but than i baught the boe because of so much money from my 3 crafting alts).

so i got like 100 k (another 20-30 k is coming tommorow) from leveling the char to a level 2 garnison (takes like 2 hours max), loging in once a day for 5 minutes, doing daily stuff + clearing level 2 mine.

I did this on 3 chars with different proffessions , and as a result my main is decked out in crafted gear, i baught all usefull random epics for shitloads of gold, and my gold on this realm has increased from 80 k to like 150 k while buying all those overprized stuff.

IF i woud have sold all stuff i crafted, i would have like 450 k gold right no. and i had like 80 k when wod started.

I dont think professions are bad, i really like the fact that u can make stuff while only logging in once a day for 5-10 minutes, and my lvl 3 Barn i was allowed to built early due to barn spamming on the 3 alts alone is yielding mats worth 3-4 k a day.

Now imagine a dedicated guy that did this with 10 chars. he would have made like 1,5 million gold in the last 3 weeks on my realm from crafting.

Of course if you are spending 100 daily cd mats on a freaking bag thats only 2 slots more than the old one... Op basically threw 30 k gold down the toilett with this one mousclick.
    Hey normally bags always used to sell great. And even though it's only two slots more, I thought the rich people would pay that much to get some extra slots. It even said on WoWhead comments that people would be jumping to buy these, that's why I made one.

Deleted
    Honestly I am baffled that it took them that long to come up with such a system. In a subscription based game, the developer wants to gate things as much as possible. They don't care if you are logged in 24/7 or only 15 minutes a day - in the end it translates to same money.

Quote Originally Posted by Acasta View Post
    So 6 days = forever? You can produce them in 4 1/2 days once you have 700 tailoring
    Ok, lets assume you can produce 100 cloth every 4.5 day (not counting the time to reach lvl 100, gold and resource cost to get Garrison to lvl 3 and whatever is needed to have lvl 3 Tailoring Hut AND follower with desired trait).

So 1 bag = 100 cloth
    100 cloth = 4.5 day
    1 bag = 4.5 days

Character bags = 4 pieces
    4 * 4.5 = 18

Bank space = 7
    7 * 4.5 = ~31.5 = 32

18 + 32 = 50

Fifty DAYS of constant dailies just to equip one character. One. Back in MoP (and literally every other expansion) I could produce full (11 bags) set after one day of cloth farming.

That daily bottle-necking to artificially stretch play time is what makes me

Quote Originally Posted by Yosef1015 View Post
    A dude with tailoring at 58 skill can make the same recipes as a dude with 700 skill. Stupid.
    No he can't. He will have to spend much longer to get the necessary key parts, since his daily CD will yield less of them. WoD professions are constrained by daily CD now, not material cost/availability on AH.. That's the biggest change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Fifty DAYS of constant dailies just to equip one character. One. Back in MoP (and literally every other expansion) I could produce full (11 bags) set after one day of cloth farming.
    Did you even play MoP?

At what point during 5.0-5.4 could you produce 11 MoP bags after one day of cloth farming?

11 Royal Satchel = 11 * 12 Imperial Silk = 132 Imperial Silk

132 Imperial Silk = 660 bolts Windwool Cloth + 396 Spirits of Harmony (ROTFLMAO)

6-8 spirits per hour seems to be a really good rate. Let's say you were on a server that was all yours 24 hours a day and got 8 per hour. (These numbers people claim, they are ridiculous but go with it.)

So, that's 49.5 hours of farming Spirits of Harmony. Subtract that from 24 hours per day, and you are left with -25.5 hours to farm 3300 Windwool Cloth. I hear people could farm 1000 Windwool Cloth per hour (more ridiculous numbers), but that's still 3.3 hours, leaving you -28.8 hours to eat, sleep, shower, work, et cetera.

Obviously, your statement that you could craft 11 Royal Satchels in 1 day during 5.x totally checks out.

Deleted
    Idk ... hexweave costs you literally nothing if you have a barn yet you can easily make at least 10k/week with it.

Stop trying to sell your hexweave robe for 50k and it will sell.
    (Unless you are on a dead realm but then again professions were never great on dead realms).

Blizzard has made a design decision that professions are not meant to be a significant part of the game. They intend them to be primarily something you can do on the side that benefits you and your alts. They don't want there to be a vibrant economy based around crafted items.

Sure, a small percentage of players can make big gold in the early days after release by grinding out stuff as fast as possible and getting in front of the market. But once people start raiding the pathetic stuff you can make from professions will just fade into obscurity. Even now I'm getting 630 items from follower missions and just got a mission for a 645 item.

It's actually a lot easier and more entertaining to get gear from follower missions or grinding dailies than it is to plug away at the brain dead professions. And it will only get worse. The norm in WoW is that professions are ignored for a long time after release of an expansion and are only thrown a couple of minor upgrades late in the expansion cycle.

Agreed, there is no practical needs in professions in WoD anymore...useless thing. Last thing that blizzard left to do - is to remove them completely.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I have tailoring & enchanting... They were good moneymakers in MoP, but in WoD it has been just terrible... Tried making a Hexweave Bag, didn't sell... Made a Hexweave Robe, doesn't sell... I mean what the hell is the point if nobody buys anything. Plus it takes forever to make anything, requiring 100 Hexweave Cloth... This just sucks.

And then enchanting, what a joke. Mark of Warsong, Mark of Blackrock, Mark of Shadowmoon, it doesn't matter, none of them sell. The only thing that sells is the one you start out with, Mark of the Shattered Hand. I can make a little profit off of that when the enchants are more expensive then the Temporal Crystals, but otherwise it's a joke.

So yeah I'm pretty disappointed, just wondering, am I the only one having trouble or is it a more common problem?
    The daily bottleneck is the worst thing ever. I've heard blacksmiths can't even smelt their own ores, that sounds simply wonderfull...