Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mining completely useless now

I think Mining is the most uselss profession atm.

I have decided to keep Herbalism because I get seeds by gathering herbs which I then convert into orders. However, in the case of mining I get enough stones to fulfill all available orders from my non-miner toons and I already have got waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much ore from my non miner toons which I have no use for.

I will drop mining for BS today. What a waste of a prof slot.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

agreed, was telling my girlfriend.. "whats the point of getting all this ore in the mine when I can't even prospect it."

Deleted
    Nothing much else to say. I think he is right. If you would need any more ore you can get it from an alt who does not need ore. And when all else fails it is very cheap to buy on the AH. So yeah, unless Blizzard nerfs mining for a bit, having Mining as a profession seems to be a waste of a profession slot.

They just nerfed the ore output from the mine, however I'm not sure how much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Was 5-6 down to 2-3 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mining+useless

Yes. We get it. On a positive note however, the mining building was nerfed recently. So yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Only reason I'm still holding onto mining is because I'm predicting the turn out from the mine has to been nerfed, it's simply too much. Also i'm a warrior, so mining feels natural, and I'm not an RPer or anything...weird.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    You get about 40-50% of what it used to be. Like if it was usually 5 Ores, now you get 2 Ores. This is for level 1. I got my mine to level 2 the day on the nerf, so I cant compare pre nerf level 2 mines, but I can say that the amount of ores is the same - 2-3 vs 5-6

I was wondering if it was prospectable but now I've got my answer. So yeah its better to take a gathering proffs out and learn other ones. (Unless you dont wanna level the mines/garden etc - it is an option, after all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Only reason I'm still holding onto mining is because I'm predicting the turn out from the mine has to been nerfed, it's simply too much. Also i'm a warrior, so mining feels natural, and I'm not an RPer or anything...weird.
    MUST! SMASH! STONE!

Yep, sounds like a warrior thing to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

even with the nerf you still get a lot IMO

Blackrock ore gets used in JC/Alchemy; but I end up with surplus of the other true iron ore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I propose a change to the gathering professions and their garrison buildings.

If you own 1-2 of these professions, having a level 3 building respectively will grant a bonus.

Skinning (Barn) @Lvl 3 Building: Killing beasts have a chance to drop a Savage Blood. (Roughly 3% chance)

Mining (Mine) @Lvl 3 Building: Can now mine elements (Sorcerous Fire/Air/Water/Earth) from True Iron and Blackrock Deposits. (Random element, roughly 5-10%)

Herbalism (Garden) @Lvl 3 Building: Can now use Herbalism on the Podlings that attack you for even more flowers! (Random flowers, roughly 5-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Herbalism (Garden) @Lvl 3 Building: Can now use Herbalism on the Podlings that attack you for even more flowers! (Random flowers, roughly 5-10)
    Allow us to "skin" Botanis, Mandragoras etc. with herbalism, I was disappointed to see how many of the "plant" creatures cannot be skinned after kill with herbalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mining+useless

Yes. We get it. On a positive note however, the mining building was nerfed recently. So yeah.
    This won't help at all. It will take months for people to lose the hoards of ore they already have at stock mainly because there is little to no use at all for ore, and the production from the mine is still too high.

Herbs on the other hand are a staple requirement for almost everything. I am actually surprised they didn't make our Rogue poisons require milling Gorgon Flytrap to make.

Some big genius at Blizzard prolly missed that one. I am sure they will rush to implement this after they read it here.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    This won't help at all. It will take months for people to lose the hoards of ore they already have at stock mainly because there is little to no use at all for ore, and the production from the mine is still too high.
    Well that wouldn't be the case if material production wasn't limited by daily CDs for every profession now. If people could only craft as much as they wanted and when they wanted those hoards of ore would go down rapidly. But as it stands that won't happen so soon, yes, agreed.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

I have one character with mining, and he gets ore while out getting trees.

I haven't even been clearing out my garrison mines every day on my alts. I still seem to have plenty of ore. I have like 2000 blackrock in the bank.

I noticed yesterday when doing JC daily at my garrison that I skipped before, that they adden ore sinks!

JC low level jewellery is:
    - no longer BOP
    - no longer requires any taladite crystals

For example I had to craft 2 585 rings that cost 60 true iron ore instead of 5 taladites.

Deleted
    Same for all the professions with 535/585 crafts. Changed from requiring cd mats to just the raw stuff

My main is a herbalist, I have 500+ seeds and no way to use them ever. I have alchemy as other prof, and a scribe hut, but I still have herbs coming out that wazoo.

I have a level 3 mine on my main, and a BS+engi alt without a mine. I still have thousands of ores sitting around, just from mining my single mine since launch day. Despite burning on 2x tradeskill cooldowns and a BS hut every day.

Another BS+mining alt sitting at lvl90, and I havent even bothered to run it through the jungle to get a garrison.

At one side, they managed to stop the crazy node farming of MoP. But on the other hand, they have made it complete irrelevant. Rather than leveling my miner and run around to mine, I should just get lvl1 mines on my 5+ alt'isons and grab the mine once/day.