Deleted

Boomkin in ranked PVP?

Hey guys, havent found any thread about boomkins here.

Lately I have been playing a lot of boomkins in Random BG's and I find them a lot of fun with tons of damage and control. I enjoy it a lot, but I am not sure how will they do in ranked PVP.
    So what do you think? Are they viable pick in Rated BG's or any 2v2/3v3 comps?

Rated BGs for sure. Not sure that they will be strong in 2s at all.

There is likely some 3s comps that will work - but if you're not being trained as a Boomkin and people just kick your casts then you don't really do much damage at all. Starsurge isn't nuking people like it used to and unless you've got dispel protection you're not going to be getting many procs - so you'll be semi-forced into either Affli/Boomer or SP/Boomer - when both of those are very vulnerable to bring trained and we're about to enter a season of melee cleaves.

Affli+boomkin is dead with shared DR on fear+cyklone, low dmg from lock and low healing from boomkin. 5 sec silence immunity helps with insta proc when trained so boomkin looks good for 3s with good healer (read dis priest).

As a mage with boomie friend tried boomkin+mage where we won majority vs healer+dps->deep into sheep into cyklone with silence is killer. But vs double dps boomkin just dont have THAT healing from MOP and with nerfed HOTW you really need to peel from him, where feral/ret will just kill him with snare immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Matlafous View Post
    Affli+boomkin is dead with shared DR on fear+cyklone, low dmg from lock and low healing from boomkin. 5 sec silence immunity helps with insta proc when trained so boomkin looks good for 3s with good healer (read dis priest).
    Affli/Boomkin will be okay, the shared DR is bad but not the end of the world, because both classes can do stupid spread damage. No idea what you mean low damage from lock, every lock I've seen in arenas has done significantly more damage than anybody else. Usually about 50% higher than the second most. And Boomkins are also really good spread damage with Starfall and DoTs. There's no reason that Boomkin/Lock won't work, just needs a healer with decent CC that won't DR.

As for other comps, I'm sure there will be some. I imagine Dancing With the Stars will be good (Rogue/Boomkin/Disc) and Mage/Boomkin/Disc will be strong too I think. Might even say Boomkin/Warrior/Healer could be decent too, but not as sure on that one. But yeah, there are definitely viable comps with Boomkin this season.