Deleted

Lightbulb Windwalker Opener (2-12-2014)

Hello fellow Windwalkerinos and other players just wanting to view this post obviously about the WW opener.
    As of our lvl 45+100 talent combos give us a different opener, based on their different ability and viability, i cant give a perfectly clear answer for whatever the best combo is yet. This is of course now bad, since it makes us able to play different instead of just the same opener and rotation always. I am only feeling for playing the Chi Brew + Serenity combo atm. and will therefore give my opinion on the opener based on those talents, and hopefully someone can provide with a opener for the other combos.
    Anyhow here goes... My choice for a WW opener,based on starting with 5 chi builded up with Expel Harm before combat:

Pre-pot (Draenic Agility Potion + Tigereye Brew if you have any stacks)
    Tiger Palm
    Rising Sun kick
    Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    Touch of Karma (if not better used later with ground effects making more usefulness)
    Jab (If you have +7 stacks Tiger brew and haven't used at start use now)
    Fists of Fury
    Chi Brew (If still not used Tigereye Brew use now no matter stacks)
    Serenity (you should have 3 chi+)
    Spam Blackout Kick till you end with 0 chi (Rising Sun Kick when its off CD)
    Spam Jab till 4 Chi and continue normal Rotation...

I advice putting up Energizing Brew after using second Fists of Fury and then go ham with spamming again, while using Chi brew on CD or before a Serenity uptime.

As stated above, this was my example of the WW opener. If you fellow Windwalkerinos have a better opener or adjustments to mine, please do not hesitate to share! (Altho keep it clean and polite please)
    Best Regards
    -Xcers

It's insane to not use TeB before your fist FoF. Always use TeB before your first FoF. Also, Xuen doesn't invoke the GCD, so he should be used as early as possible to maximize his uptime with your potion and trinket procs.

Deleted
    My plan is:

Pre-pot
    TP
    RSK
    FoF (Starting the fight with Ascension and 6 Chi built up with Expel Harm)
    Jab + Jab
    Macro (Use trinket+TeB+Serenity+Xuen)
    BoK+BoK+BoK+RSK etc till end of serenity
    - if 10 TeB, use TeB for Jab into RSK (highest prio if off CD) or BoK (This way the FoF that comes off CD after the first one in the rotation will benefit from the end of these TeB stacks)
    - if less then 10 TeB Jab into RSK or BoK but activate TeB right before FoF comes off cooldown (even if less then 10 stacks) then fill as usual until the macro is off CD

Repeat from Macro every 90 seconds, fill in with Jab, TP, RSK and BoK in between. Every odd Macro usage pops Xuen as well (1st, 3rd, 5th, etc)

Depending on how CDs align i prefer to use the last GCD covered by the second Serenity and beyond with FoF if available.

ToK is situational and i'll only use it if:
    - i know i will not take damage soon in the fight unless i chose to do it, only so i can use ToK's offensive side (without overextending and putting unnecessary pressure on the healers)
    - i know unavoidable damage is coming

Energizing brew has it's place about 6-8 GCDs after FoF. With my current haste that's the moment i need to boost through to remove idle moments in the rotation. Energizing brew should not be used right after FoF EVER! You are energy capped after a full FoF and boosting energy regen at that point is a huge waste.
    Last edited by mmoc065a3c8f89; 2014-12-02 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Optimal opener for ChiBrew+Serenity:

- 5 chis using Expel Harm
    - Prepot
    - ChiWave (while engaging)
    - Xuen
    - TP
    - RSK
    - 2x Chi Brew
    - On use + TeB
    - FoF
    - Serenity
    - RSK
    - Spam BK
    - Normal Rotation
    Last edited by mmoc558ffbf3f1; 2014-12-02 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    Pre-Pot
    Chi Wave
    Xuen
    TP
    RSK
    Jab + 2x ChiBrew
    TEB
    FoF
    Serenity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Modance View Post

- Prepot
    - ChiWeave (while engaging)
    - Xuen
    - TP
    - RSK
    - 2x Chi Brew
    - On use + TeB
    - FoF
    - Serenity
    - RSK
    - Spam BK
    - Normal Rotation
    This, all the other stuff you posted you are wasting FoF without TeB, trinket procs and potion... and you should use Xuen right when you pull so he gets full benefit of potion, trinkets and lust if used.

Deleted
    Isn't ascension better for longer fights? At this gear level the energy regen seems better to me (i do preffer playing with Chi Brew, but Ascension seems better at this gear level)

Also, if playing with ascension, what would a good opening be since you're starting off with a lot less TeB.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookems View Post
    Isn't ascension better for longer fights? At this gear level the energy regen seems better to me (i do preffer playing with Chi Brew, but Ascension seems better at this gear level)

Also, if playing with ascension, what would a good opening be since you're starting off with a lot less TeB.
    Ascension is better on long fights, like 10min ish, and i prefer ChiBrew so i can use stacks way more, deciding when to burst. Also i'd use ChiEx if you're using Ascension, you would lose so much TeB uptime without it.

I'd say with Ascension+ChiEx would be something like this:

- 6 chis using Expel Harm
    - Prepot
    - ChiWave (while engaging)
    - Xuen
    - TP
    - RSK
    - Jab x2
    - On use + TeB (if u have enough stacks)
    - FoF
    - ChiEx
    - Jab
    - RSK
    - Normal Rotation
    Last edited by mmoc558ffbf3f1; 2014-12-02 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookems View Post

I believe its a bit more complicated than simply better for longer fights. Yes, it will result in more chi generated at the end of the fight. Plus needing to Jab more may result (its RNG so thats why i typed "may") in more combo breaker procs. But this all is at the cost of the TEB stacks CB generates. Tbh I don't know the value as to when you have enough energy regen from Ascension to get on par with this. Also the combo breaker procs need to be factored into this.
    Maybe someone can point us into the right direction as to where we can find those values when comparing those 2 talents.

As for you using Ascension instead, you might want to reconsider using Serenity. Since that talent effectively negates Ascension when you use it.

With Tigereye Brew, don't you loose all stacks and any rolling buffs of it on a boss pull for raids? Five mans I know you keep it but I could have sworn that not only I read it here somewhere but lost them on the MC run I did last week, I just don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Modance View Post

- Prepot
    - ChiWeave (while engaging)
    - Xuen
    - TP
    - RSK
    - 2x Chi Brew
    - On use + TeB
    - FoF
    - Serenity
    - RSK
    - Spam BK
    - Normal Rotation
    Forgive my ignorance... but what is ChiWeave?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrohde View Post
    Forgive my ignorance... but what is ChiWeave?
    Sorry, misspelled. Its ChiWave, level 30 talent.

Oh ok, that's what I figured. I thought... well honestly I didn't know what I thought ChiWeave was, but that makes sense. Thanks!