Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    i used the unborn val'kyr, water spirit, and chrominius and did it first time, no problem.

Over at warcraftpets there was a strat by Quintessence that after small modifications worked for me a lot better than normal howl bomb (because my Val'kyr is B/B and not H/H). It does require specific breeds of infected squirrel & nether faerie dragon.

Infected Squirrel (H/P 1,2,2)
    Nether Faerie Dragon (S/S 2,2,1)
    Sprite Darter Hatchling (2,2,1)

Round 1: Creeping Fungus
    Round 2: Diseased Bite
    Round 3: Diseased Bite (if >270 hp) or pass
    Round 4: Corpse Explosion
    Round 5: refresh Creeping Fungus
    Squirrel dies, switch to Nether Faerie Dragon
    Round 6: Life Exchange
    Round 7: Moonfire
    Round 7+: Arcane Blast with last two pets until Quintessence of Light dies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
    Over at warcraftpets there was a strat by Quintessence that after small modifications worked for me a lot better than normal howl bomb (because my Val'kyr is B/B and not H/H). It does require specific breeds of infected squirrel & nether faerie dragon.
    I'll admit since I'm fairly new to pet battling still that I hadn't bothered getting into the specific breeds yet. I went and downloaded the add to tell me the breed, my Val'kyr is also B/B and I'm pretty sure I was able to carry off the normal Howl Bomb without an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I'll admit since I'm fairly new to pet battling still that I hadn't bothered getting into the specific breeds yet. I went and downloaded the add to tell me the breed, my Val'kyr is also B/B and I'm pretty sure I was able to carry off the normal Howl Bomb without an issue.
    RNG with Quills really. I don't remember what exact the issue was, but mostly the timing of Unholy Ascencion & syncing Doom when you don't actually know for sure which turn the Val'kyr will die. For me it kept failing and abilities desyncing due to getting 2-3 quills in wrong places. But really, can't remember as it was a couple of days ago and I switched after probably 4 losses and was happy with the team above after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagejin View Post
    Interestingly, I made a comment above about a pet with 6k health and who should I come across today but Stitches Jr. lol. I actually ended up beating him with a skunk and Iron Starlette (didn't need my 3rd pet). I almost wonder if valk+water spirit+chrominius doesn't work on this boss because shockingly NO ONE has suggested it on Wowhead. I suppose cleave damage is too much for Chrom to get howl off? I tried using a howlbomb tactic myself, but I had to send my first pet (Lil' KT) in at the start of the fight just about dead. Every round before the death round was meaningless and so the longer he lives, the more my other pets ate cleave damage. Well, I howlbombed him just find but he still had like 1.5 or 2k health remaining. I would assume that would mean he would be dead if Unholy Ascension and Surge of Power were also at my disposal. Anyway it was amusing to lay waste to him with a humble skunk.
    I used a Cleansing Rain / Pump aquatic team for him. Had two maxed striders from Vale in Pandaria. It's quite effective actually - cleansing rain offsets his cleave a bit, aquatics take reduced damage from him, and if you line up a charged up pump with his enrage (can't really wait or anything, just rng), it knocks a good chunk off. Just need a third decent hard hitter (anything really) in the 3rd slot, just in case.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter