Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love when You say we will get better with gear.

Look how many drops in raid got crit on it.... Rather have crafted and followers gear than shit that drops in new raid !!!!
    Not a single str trinkiet with basic crit on it !!!!
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Enrage was reliably proccable by more than just crits Fury wouldn't be so horrendous to play early on.

I don't think Fury and Fire are things of the past, I think that not enough attention has been given to these style of specs to ensure that their gameplay dependencies have stayed current and updated with their class changes. You can prune buttons and streamline a basic priority list for single and multi-target into something great, something that might be perfect, but when all of the decisions are stuck behind a 20% proc (crit) chance, it makes it feel like the entire picture was not looked at during the redesign. You're spending all this time changing and converting one spec into something different and you're not even going to look at what makes it tick? Why bother creating a new gameplay system and style when you can't even reliably play it?

Other ways of providing that extremely important factor, the enrage proc, whether it be through new talents or infusing enrage proc chance with other stats or ensuring that there would be enough for the rotation to feel fluid were not even considered. UqT is the closest thing that provides more enrage procs, but having to hit Bloodsurge more than 5 times waiting for a proc...it's just bad. Wild Strike for days becomes the gameplay, not using powerful RBs off of enrage procs. And that's beans imo! It's great for ensuring you've got the race for WW and at least one proc most of the time for multi-RB, but in the single target rotation it feels bad. I want to use SD, but it becomes worse to play because the proc chance for THAT is so low, and then Enrage proccs so little. Allofasudden it's downtime city, for a spec that has, for as long as I've played it since WLK, been about pressing lots and lots of buttons.

So no, I don't think they're obsolete in 2014 WoW, I think the work hasn't been put in to ensure that they can stand up with the rest of the specs. "Is this actually playable and fun to play, is it fluid" is a question that hasn't been asked over at Blizzard.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2014-12-03 at 05:49 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

As long as the other secondary stats stay more or less on par with each other i don't mind it that much. Also, other dps classes in your guild should recognize fury warriors crit dependency and avoid competing for it when possible.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

I've already managed to get 25% buffed crit as a fury spec with only blue gears (with 6 sockets on the gear though). However as it has been said before - the damage just isn't there. Fury does less damage on 3/4 targets than Arms and about the same sustained dps as protection warrior on single target, so no matter how much crit you stack, your dps won't skyrocket no matter what.

I know dummydps isn't a 100% simulator on it because no buffs and no execute phase, but when I can barely scratch 11k dps after a 10 min singletarget dummyfight on ogrimmar and my enrage uptime was around 85%, I can't seriously say the crit would enhance the damage after that point. Even on Ashran/warspear 3 target dummyfight I can barely keep 20k sustained damage, while on Arms it's more of a 30k if done right. The sad thing is while on my tank spec I can actually pull that 11k dps with ravager on a single target with no problem...

It's just horrible on the tuning side, but more fun to play than Arms if only the numbers would be balanced. That is to be expected after removing CS from the spec while no compensation for giving any single target buffs or arp passives. I just wonder how long this can go on until they will fix the spec.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2014-12-04 at 01:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    I've already managed to get 25% buffed crit as a fury spec with only blue gears (with 6 sockets on the gear though). However as it has been said before - the damage just isn't there. Fury does less damage on 3/4 targets than Arms and about the same sustained dps as protection warrior on single target, so no matter how much crit you stack, your dps won't skyrocket no matter what.

I know dummydps isn't a 100% simulator on it because no buffs and no execute phase, but when I can barely scratch 11k dps after a 10 min singletarget dummyfight on ogrimmar and my enrage uptime was around 85%, I can't seriously say the crit would enhance the damage after that point. Even on Ashran/warspear 3 target dummyfight I can barely keep 20k sustained damage, while on Arms it's more of a 30k if done right. The sad thing is while on my tank spec I can actually pull that 11k dps with ravager on a single target with no problem...

It's just horrible on the tuning side, but more fun to play than Arms if only the numbers would be balanced. That is to be expected after removing CS from the spec while no compensation for giving any single target buffs or arp passives. I just wonder how long this can go on until they will fix the spec.
    I really think it's going to take until next expansion. They'll just leave Fury and try again next time, telling us to try Arms and Glad.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

id settle for simply getting flurry back, that's probably what i miss most about this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Furthur View Post
    id settle for simply getting flurry back, that's probably what i miss most about this xpac.
    Why would you want a passive that didn't do anything back? We're tuned to not have it anymore, and it didn't affect our playstyle in any way, and it wasn't even thought about in terms of the rotation / priority.

What could you POSSIBLY miss about it?

If we're talking about what we miss, I miss playing WOTLK Fury in ICC gear. Heroic Strike/Cleave on a next swing timer and fairly cheap burners, Bloodthirst + Whirlwind (4target) on a cooldown and hitting hard with Bloodsurge (Slam) procs as a filler. It was fun and it was fast paced and it was competitive in single target and dominant on cleave.

And it's not nostalgia, was playing it only last year on that very popular private server that I'll not name. But still, we aren't getting that back and I'd bet quite a few Warriors won't be agreeing with me on my choice of favourite playstyle. Dragon Soul Arms was nice too, but then so was SOO Arms in terms of pure enjoyment.

None of it reliant on Crit to work though, such a silly game design when the game has you crit starved for most of the expansion.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    Why would you want a passive that didn't do anything back? We're tuned to not have it anymore, and it didn't affect our playstyle in any way, and it wasn't even thought about in terms of the rotation / priority.

because it made the spec feel panicky, furious, FAST and was a simple way to passively crit based boost DPS outside of enrage. Our entire class was based around keeping flurry up for nearly four expacs and now it's gone. Having faster attack speeds made rage generation interesting and choices to be made for procs and cool downs more relevant. now I feel like i'm swinging trees like when TG was first introduced, slow, boring whack-a-mole.

The increased attack speed which made the spec more furious ? What I don't miss is the MOP version tho, the crit based version was much better and more fun to have.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Not having 3 and a half seconds between each auto attack? Acceptable white damage? Steady rage flow? I don't think we're even tuned to do damage, it just seems to be a bug or a glitch that got left in that will be "fixed" "soon".

What is the most frustrating thing about the situation we're in is that there are so many easy fixes and tweaks that could be made, but whomever is in charge of warrior design is so fucking enamored with gimmicky shield bullshit that they don't give a toss about the actual dedicated damage roles. That or they have a vendetta against the class' damage capability as a whole and just wants them to be meat shields for life.