Deleted

help me remove virus

Hey everyone

For some unknown reason every time I start up my pc, my chrome webbrowser opens and loads the page gamezdoka.org or gamersinfo.org. Both are russian sites.

How can I remove this from my pc?

AVG virus scan does not recognise this (did a full system scan)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can try Malwarebytes.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Download, install and update CCleaner and Malwarebytes (free version is fine). Restart in safe mode and run CCleaner and Malwarebytes, full scan and remove anything it finds. Reboot normally and scan again. Browser hijackers are pretty easy to fix.

You can also follow this guide: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/gamezdoka-org-removal/ - You won't need to use Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner is sufficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can try changing the home page in the browser settings - sub heading On start-up.

Failing that it sounds like a link has been added to one of many possible startup locations on the computer. Could be in a registry location, could be in the in the All Programs Start up folder or could be in many other places. CCleaner does have a feature which allows you to manually edit some of the startup programs, or you can download Autoruns which is more comprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Download, install and update CCleaner and Malwarebytes (free version is fine). Restart in safe mode and run CCleaner and Malwarebytes, full scan and remove anything it finds. Reboot normally and scan again. Browser hijackers are pretty easy to fix.

You can also follow this guide: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/gamezdoka-org-removal/ - You won't need to use Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner is sufficient.
    Spot on but I would still scan with Hitman Pro while at it, his system might have other junks to remove, you never know.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a thread on the computer forums marked Keyloggers and how to remove them. Its steps designed in removing viruses and their cohorts malware. Its a pretty concise guide and if you follow the steps you should be fine.

Otherwise download Malwarebytes' Antimalware - free and run a threat scan. After that download and install Avast free anti virus. Then run a boot time scan, when it finds an infection select 'fix automatically'. After that completes and your system boots into windows open google chrome and remove all browser extensions and add ons. that should fix ya up.

When your browser is getting hijacked, you may also need to take a look at your Hosts file, which is located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and can be viewed with a text editor (notepad, etc.). I would suggest googling hosts files and educating yourself on how it works prior to messing with it (and making a backup copy), but you should also just be able to look at it and see if there's anything weird going on.

That file takes priority over DNS for and other things for deciding what page you actually end up at, and is an old favorite target of browser hijackers (and also a hilarious prank).

Deleted
    thank you everyone for the help will check it out

I always find good information from Bleeping Computer when I have had customers get random malware and viruses.
    Last edited by Brogrom; 2014-12-03 at 06:33 PM.

Can vouch CCleaner and malware bytes have helped me remove many viruses in the past

Neruval makes a valid point- the HOSTS file is something that really should be looked at and is something I admittedly often overlook. Make sure there's nothing wonky going on there (pretty much use it if you're DNS savvy, otherwise leave it alone and it should remain largely blank).

As far as hitman pro and malwarebytes, I feel they are redundant. Malwarebytes is far less of a pain in the ass to use, too, and I've never had anything that Hitman Pro could get that Malwarebytes couldn't.