So. Will missions be updating each patch?

So does anyone know Blizzards stance on the Garrison Missions and new content?

Will we be getting updated missions, be it new raid zone missions, or just general vanity item updates to them.

Love doing them now and working on them, but I fear Blizzard will just leave this in the dust to rott away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Judging by how you can send your followers to Highmaul and current dungeons, I believe new missions with the next raids will be available as they drop. You can already send them to do exploration missions on Farahlon, maybe when we can go there in future patches new missions will become available there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so. However I fear that if there is no catch-up mechanic it will severely hurt anyone jumping in late.

Most likely they will lift the 655 ilevel cap for followers. So for a new raid in 6.1, the new cap might be something like 700, which we will need to raise our followers for, for the next raid mission.
    I say, once you get your 5-6 team of followers that can counter most missions, just start stockpiling follower upgrades for the next patch, although they will prob add catchup mechanisms for follower ilevels in later patches as well.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I hope so. However I fear that if there is no catch-up mechanic it will severely hurt anyone jumping in late.
    I'm not sure but I think they said there would be some catch-up mechanic implemented towards the end of the expansion but they didn't give any information about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    So does anyone know Blizzards stance on the Garrison Missions and new content?

Will we be getting updated missions, be it new raid zone missions, or just general vanity item updates to them.

Love doing them now and working on them, but I fear Blizzard will just leave this in the dust to rott away.
    They already stated their intent to abandon the Garrison system in 7.0, hopefully there will be a huge riot to prevent them from doing so.

Pet battles haven't been abandoned in 6.0 either, so Garrisons shouldn't be abandoned either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They already stated their intent to abandon the Garrison system in 7.0, hopefully there will be a huge riot to prevent them from doing so.

Pet battles haven't been abandoned in 6.0 either, so Garrisons shouldn't be abandoned either.
    I sincerely hope they don't just "abandon" the garrison concept next xpac. People will be so conditioned to having all the little tasks to accomplish (work orders, missions, etc) that there would be a huge perceived "lack of content" if they were to suddenly not be a thing anymore.

With the current setup for iLvl 645 missions, there's not necessarily a reason to think they'll change the garrison missions. 645 raid loot is one difficulty higher than your current one. When BRF comes out, there's little reason to think that the current slate of 645 missions won't simply shift to BRF for those running it. The same would go for 6.1/6.2 raid loot. That is to say, a system is in place now that could easily continue through further tiers. Whether that's the plan is anybody's guess at this point.

PS QQ about abandoning garrisons in 7.0. I have enjoyed the hell out of mine since launch.