Deleted

Profession Hotfixes: 2 Dec 2014

Not mentioned on the front page but worth noting nevertheless because this is pretty big (and good) change.

All Blue quality items made with crafting professions are now BOE instead of BOP

They also no longer require BOP cooldown materials. For example BS and JC can make blue gear (ilvl 535 - 585) using raw ores. It's 60 ore total per item - either full 60 true iron / blackrock OR a mix of 30/30 both.

Blue gear is nice source of draenic dust as well after the hotfixes. Spamming those may actually be feasible way to provide yourself materials. Good news for people that didn't dumped their ore on AH for 50 silver each. Now we actually have good demand for ore and spammable items to craft and sell / DE.

Also, this makes the JC daily quest actually worth doing. Before that, well... 10 taladite for 200 gold? Yeah, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    well crap, my jc just sold all his true iron lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Good news for people that didn't dumped their ore on AH for 50 silver each. Now we actually have good demand for ore and spammable items to craft and sell / DE.
    The hotfixes are good, yes, but 50s per ore is about where the *new* balance is. Maybe 60s.

Deleted
    Glad I've been banking all my ore

Ore was so cheap on my server, I bought everything under 30s all week. Figured I'd get tired of mining all my alts at some point. =)

I was thought it was a mistake that the crafted blues required the daily CD mats. Good call Blizz.

Deleted
    It's more than a welcome change, just hope tailor got affected too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a big enough change to drastically increase the price or ore, but will give me something to use it on.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is about time.

Doesn't mean they should rest on their laurels. We are basically still beta testing professions it seems. Much more work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    It is about time.

Doesn't mean they should rest on their laurels. We are basically still beta testing professions it seems. Much more work to do.
    They told us it would be VERY different... don't hold your breath waiting for the old model to come back. Better to just adapt.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    They told us it would be VERY different... don't hold your breath waiting for the old model to come back. Better to just adapt.
    Oh, I know it. I mean that they are very buggy and imbalanced atm and need some fine tuning, not that the old ones are coming back.

Deleted
    There are still things that need some serious adjusting.

Savage blood drop rate is a bad joke. Running triple L3 barn, got a total of... ONE blood out of 18 work orders. This is massive bottleneck and it's causing crafted gear upgrades to be extremely expensive. This gear may enter the "nobody buys this shit" price level because right now a cost of Stage 3 crafted item is anywhere between 250 to 400k gold. This includes 30 savage blood and extremely large amount of BOP profession mats - total of 450 which takes 22 days on optimized setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Oh, I know it. I mean that they are very buggy and imbalanced atm and need some fine tuning, not that the old ones are coming back.
    I didn't play beta, so it's all new to me... jury still out, but I understand we'll be getting some profession changes today.

Jesus christ, thank you.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Maybe now I can be bothered to upgrade the mines on my alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    Ore was so cheap on my server, I bought everything under 30s all week. Figured I'd get tired of mining all my alts at some point. =)
    Same here. That was just too obvious xD

This expansion start is heaven for speculating, given how unfinished everything is.

where can I see those changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Wow...that's a huge change, didn't notice that.

Thanks for posting.