Importing Stat weights from Simcraft

What's the point of getting the stat weights from simcraft rather than taking them from sites like icyveins, robot or from the forums here?

I'm pretty sure simcraft is the most accurate, especially if the profile that you're using is the gear on your armory. Realistically, it shouldn't matter though because the weights should be mostly equal.
    Remember
    Me

It may help to explain exactly what stat weights are. They are not some fixed numbers for a spec that tell you how valuable each stat is in every circumstance. They vary widely depending on gear, talents, and fight style.

Stat weights are calculated by:
    • Running a sim with some set of talents and some specific fight style.
    • Running 6 additional sims in which each of the five secondaries and intellect are increased by some amount.
    • Calculating the average DPS provided by each additional stat point.

This gives you the stat weights for the setup and fight style that you are simulating (i.e the marginal increases to your simulated DPS that you see in the sim from increasing each stat by one point). These numbers will vary widely depending on:
    • Relative amounts of each secondary stat
    • Talents
    • Fight style
    • ilvl
    • Action list

When websites or people on the forums provide "overall" stat weights for a spec, what they are generally doing is taking a character profile in which all of the secondary stats are equalized (so X of each secondary stat) and calculating stat weights for a Patchwerk-style fight with the talents that give the highest Patchwerk DPS.

These stat weights (especially if calculated for a few different talents or fight styles) are useful for knowing the relative values of each stat in a completely balanced setup and for knowing which stats to aim for. However, for players making specific gear decisions (Which of these two pieces of gear is better for me?), these stat weights are not very useful because no one actually has all 5 secondaries in equal amounts.

The marginal value of each secondary increases as the other secondaries increase. For example, as your mastery increases, each point of mastery keeps giving the same DPS increase, but the marginal values of all other secondaries are increasing. Even though mastery is the best stat in a balanced setup, if your mastery is enough higher than the other stats, then other stats may start to give more DPS per point than mastery. So if your mastery is very high and your crit is very low it might be better to use a piece of gear with crit instead of mastery or to use crit enchants and gems.

The only way to actually know your current stat weights is to run some sims with your current setup. Choose fight styles and talent combinations that best match the encounters you are trying to optimize for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    All the websites you mentioned get their stat weights from using simcraft lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Simcraft should give you the stat weights that are best for your individual character, considering the gear he is currently wearing as so on. in the end it should end up being pretty much the same as what icy-veins show but it could differ at lower ilvls