Deleted

Will this laptop run Warlords of Draenor?

Hey guys -

Im currently looking for a new budget laptop - but would like it to be able to play wow wod (I know it wont be on ultra with below system).

These are the specs:

Lenovo Z50-70
    15.6" Full HD
    GeForce 840M,
    Core i5-4210U,
    6GB RAM,
    1000GB SSHD

If perhaps someone is running wow wod on the same system or similar, then please let me know how its working out?
    - All input will be appreciated!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should be able to, yes.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    In low settings, it should. Turn off shadows and it'll help a ton.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    In low settings, it should. Turn off shadows and it'll help a ton.
    They will be able to play a lot higher than low.

I play WoD on two systems: A desktop at home, and a laptop when I'm not.

Here are the laptops specs:

HP-Pavillion dv6
    AMD A8-35000 (Quad Core)
    Radeon HD 6620G (This is an INTEGRATED GFX CARD, but with 512mb dedicated video RAM)
    8.0gig system RAM
    500Gb HDD
    Win7 64bit

This laptop is almost 3 years old, and it easily runs WoD on High (shadows off). WoD is a lot better optimized than the game was in the past, and should actually work better on many systems.

That Intel Core i5 should be better than my AMD, however AMD has one thing over Intel. That built-in Radeon is more than your normal integrated...it's pretty much a fully functional dedicated GFX card simply built onto the MOBO to save space. It's somthing AMD builds have over Intel builds for a laptop. BUT you seem to have that GeForce840M there, which is a dedicated GFX card (well...it's more of a GFX CHIP than an actual card) itself.
    Last edited by Keile; 2014-12-02 at 07:53 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

With those specs, it should be fine. I imagine you would still be able to play High with 60+ FPS. I have a laptop with lower specs than that but plays WoW great when I'm not on my desktop.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the model right below that one. It works fine. I have mine set to low and I run at about 30 fps. The only problem I have is it skips when I play to long because it gets warm from lack of airflow. I play sitting on my couch with it on my lap so that's my problem. You should have no issue wit it.

Quote Originally Posted by drjonz View Post
    I have the model right below that one. It works fine. I have mine set to low and I run at about 30 fps. The only problem I have is it skips when I play to long because it gets warm from lack of airflow. I play sitting on my couch with it on my lap so that's my problem. You should have no issue wit it.
    Get one of those fans you put under the laptop. EVEN if you do not actually power it, they allow airflow. The main issue is that holding a laptop....on your lap....actually blocks a lot of airflow. They are best used on solid surfaces.

If you don't want to splurge on the fan pad, just put a book under it (though make sure that the little pegs under the laptop that keep it lifted every so slightly are all touching, you don't want to block the air vents on the bottom of the laptop).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.