Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Because despite what they say, Warlords is Blizzard's chance to give in to all the Melee that cried about Caster viability in Mists. Not penalizing a class for its previous success is about as reliable a statement as not allowing race, character or server transfers due to "character connection".
    It sort of tempts me to just cave in and focus on my warrior instead. Or maybe my paladin...

...but then I look at all the stuff I've accomplished on my warlock and I don't feel like doing it all over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Are you talking about what Method did in the live raid? RoF adds, keep adds alive, spam CB for insane DPS.
    Nah, just a snarky comment. During SOO WW monks were incredibly mediocre but the devs insisted there was some alternate rotation no one was doing that would result in different stat priorities and doing nice dps, which no one ever found out about and WW's remained unbuffed and pretty mediocre for the duration of the tier.

Just seems like the same baffling logic that would necessitate a destro AOE nerf, especially to ROF, the ability that during SOO we were cutting from our AOE rotation - just what were they seeing that we couldn't that necessitated this change and to ROF in particular?
    If our AOE needed a nerf, which I'm not convinced it did, then FnB modifiers would have been a much better means to go about it, since that's the workhorse of our AOE and what will be doing any of the numbers that are high enough to NEED nerfing, it's got a modifier built into the spell for this very reason.

All nerfing ROF does is hurt our lower target number AOE that FnB can't sustain alone. Why blizzard apparently feel destro is too strong AOEing 4-5 or however many targets ROF has the biggest impact on, but not the higher number of packs is beyond me.

It's not like there's decent alternatives either.
    Affliction? Hah.
    Demonology? I guess, but demonology has often had problems with sustained AOE and a tendency to want to be in melee range.
    Just leaves charred remains, so is the design intent that they want us to make talent choices to AOE? When nerfing ROF made MF, our AOE talent, completely useless?

Stinks of a poorly thought out change, where even IF we needed an AOE nerf, there were much more elegant solutions than ROF.

I was honestly hoping that raiding would be... okay for us. But after tonight, man, fuck. Warlock is not fun. I've been playing this class seriously since Burning Crusade, and this is the worst iteration I've ever had to deal with. It is just... not... fun. It is so ludicrous that they had the thought process of... well, warlocks aren't casting fel flame, let's remove it. Oh, and make KJC absolute shit. I don't understand the oversight. And then the RoF change a week before raid starts. Great, I geared destro, can't change now.

They always talk about quality of life, but then they fuck over RoF, which in turns makes MF and FnB essentially useless. Where the fuck is Xelnath when we need him. I'd probably get fired, too, if I worked there, due to nerdrage at the amount of idiocy that occurs within their walls. I don't..... understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, before they ruined RoF there was no point to not be destruction on practically any fight. It had almost everything, high single target, high aoe, high burst and well sustained dps. Only thing it didn't have was movement, but with the total destruction of RoF, it loses the ability to have good aoe sub 5-6 targets. It allows other specs to out perform it, such as demo.

Not saying it was the right move, the spec completely feels gutted and brainless. But, that's the only logical thing I've seen people saying about it.

They just claim they have better data so anything players say can be dismissed. Players have been going into insane detail on dps for many years now. They should really stop pretending like they know better especially since the game has never been really balanced and so many mistakes are being made.

It took a while after the nerf to get used to not bothering with RoF anymore, and having to "manually" generate embers. Hell, I even dropped Destruction and tried Affliction for a while (which can be fun). I went back to Destruction one more time give it a try, and feel like I'm getting the hang of it now.

Regarding Cataclysm: has anyone else noticed that it occasionally doesn't record your damage? Thought I was going nuts, but noticed it on a huge trash pull in Everbloom HC last: a fuck long cast, all the mobs stacked nicely, the cast ends, their health drops - but nothing on Skada. I didn't even register. I know I did the damage, but my group doesn't. This happened a few times through the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irami View Post
    Regarding Cataclysm: has anyone else noticed that it occasionally doesn't record your damage? Thought I was going nuts, but noticed it on a huge trash pull in Everbloom HC last: a fuck long cast, all the mobs stacked nicely, the cast ends, their health drops - but nothing on Skada. I didn't even register. I know I did the damage, but my group doesn't. This happened a few times through the instance.
    If you enter into combat with cataclysm it sometimes will not show up on skada, if you want to fix this just send your pet in first

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    They just claim they have better data so anything players say can be dismissed. Players have been going into insane detail on dps for many years now. They should really stop pretending like they know better especially since the game has never been really balanced and so many mistakes are being made.
    Blizzard devs admitted as much at Blizzcon this year. Their testing kit consists of bots on private server instances.