Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sith Empire - Destined to lose? -Spoilers-

I don't think they can win anything.

They we're almost defeated In the rise of the hut cartel, where they used Isotope-5 to build defences, yet they can't build offensive weapons. Not only that but the dark councill are ruins really. Who do we have left? 50% of it is dead. Sith warrior killed a few, Inquistor killed a few, many died in quests, The republic has killed somone, and so it is.

Can the Empire really survive? It's not really fair either.

The average Jedi beats the Average sith. Not many sith makes it out of the academy however
    The most powerful sith beats the most powerful Jedi (And I mean completely destroy them.) But it's not really that many sith left. and Sith aren't unbeatable.

I mark it, unless the emperor returns, the Empire is going to be defeated.

whoa whoa whoa, Rise of the Hutt Cartel ended in a decisive victory for the empire.

While the republic becomes convinced that the planet is about to blow up and devotes all their efforts to evacuate as many people as they can, the empire instead engineers a way to save the planet, and end up hoarding all of the Isotope-5 for themselves, thus balancing the power to their side once again.

As for the Dark Council being in shambles, that is perhaps the best thing that has ever happened to the empire.

You heard me. The imperial military are way more disciplined, better trained and better equipped than your average republic grunts, but the sith political backstabbing and power games have caused a lot of in-fighting and needless casualties without the pubs having to fire a single shot.

With the majority of the council dead, Darth Marr and Darth Nox (inquisitor) are now the defacto leaders of the empire, and the two of them have made an alliance, ensuring no infighting and a unified offensive against the republic.

Time and again, the Sith and the Imperial navy have demonstrated their superiority in combat, only to be foiled by internal betrayal, manipulation, intrigue and backstabbing. Just the mess with Darth Malgus severely drained the empire of good men, then there's the number of people lost to the Dread Masters, and the Revanites. Now, most of them are dead, and what remains is quickly falling in line.

Lastly, if the emperor returns, chances are the empire is gonna fight him too, Darth Marr has made it clear that the emperor doesn't care one bit about the empire, and if he ever comes back, its gonna be just like with the Dread Masters.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

(Spoiler) Not to mention that based on the end cut-scene of ROTHC for the Inquisitor with Darth Marr pretty much insinuates that he's on the path of becoming the next "Emperor" pretty much. Which you think about it, it was the end goal since the beginning of the Inquisitor story line, rise from the ranks as a slave to become the most powerful Sith.

Sith Empire not destined to lose because Malgus and Jadus were right.

SW/SI killing off Baras and Thanaton isn't actually a detractor for the Empire because they were spending their resources fighting other Sith Lords. Killing them puts Sith who are more interested in external threats than internal power plays in position.

Other Dark Council members who get killed don't necessarily matter because the Empire has excellent redundancy plans in their master-apprentice system.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see the Sith Empire as always destined to lose. Once they have no immediate threat they ultimately turn on themselves.

Though, I could believe a Galactic Empire could indeed reign supreme without the folly of Sith overlords. As you often see in the Imperial Agent story and bits and pieces of other classes there are many times when because of a Sith being power hungry/trying to move up the ladder, they make poor decisions which whilst helping them grow higher in rank actually hurt the Empire as a whole.

A Sith Empire with a Dark Council full of members that would not turn on each other would become the powerhouse of the Galaxy.

A Sith Empire with a Dark Council full of members that would not turn on each other would become the powerhouse of the Galaxy
    ^This.

When all 4 Empire class stories revolve around Sith infighting, or undermining their own Imperial forces, you know the Empire has some serious internal issues to deal with before they can be a serious threat to the Republic.

That said, you know the Imperial forces ARE a powerhouse when an individual (an elite one) within the Empire can take out entire battalions on their own.

Deleted
    They must survive. After all we have the movies which happen in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aruably the Sith Empire must lose but they won't all be destroyed, that's obvious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Uhhhh, the Sith Empire loses eventually. It's established lore and canon. The whole way of the Sith eventually boils down to only being two of them left, The Rule of Two that was enacted by Darth Bane. So the the Republic DOES end up beating the Sith Empire. You just won't see it happen in SWTOR because of faction balance for gameplay's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Uhhhh, the Sith Empire loses eventually. It's established lore and canon. The whole way of the Sith eventually boils down to only being two of them left, The Rule of Two that was enacted by Darth Bane. So the the Republic DOES end up beating the Sith Empire. You just won't see it happen in SWTOR because of faction balance for gameplay's sake.
    Not necessarily. There is a gap period of over 1200 years that is unaccounted for. Where no backstory is laid out. Darth Bane and the rule of two began 1500 years prior to the movies. SWTOR takes place 2700 years prior to the movie. For all we know, the empire could end up winning, and expelling the republic to the edges of the galaxy for a few centuries, before they come back and defeat the empire once again by the time of Darth Bane.

Notice how the official logo of the Galactic Republic, by the time of the movies, is just a modified version of the official logo of the Sith Empire during the Old Republic Era.

Galactic Republic Emblem as of Movies

Sith Empire Emblem on the Old Republic

Last edited by Derah; 2014-12-11 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Republic loses there's no foreseeable way of the Republic being alive at the movies. So it would have to lose eventually cause it's obvious the new galactic faction would be the Sith Empire and thus the Republic wouldn't exist.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If the Republic loses there's no foreseeable way of the Republic being alive at the movies. So it would have to lose eventually cause it's obvious the new galactic faction would be the Sith Empire and thus the Republic wouldn't exist.
    Again, there's a really HUGE gap of over 1200 years were events are not accounted for. For all we know, the republic could had been defeated, and driven back to the edges of the galaxy, only for them to recover several centuries later and push back against the empire.

After all, the empire was defeated too during the Great Hyperspace War (Several millenia before SWTOR), and driven to the brink of extinction, and though it took them several thousand years to do it, they came back.

The fact that the Old Sith Emblem is near identical to the Republic Emblem during the movies should tip you off, that its entirely possible the Galactic Republic during the movies, is made of Imperial descendants, who maybe abolished sith practices, or even a union of both sides. As I said, there's a period of 1200 years that are completely unaccounted for, in terms of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Again, there's a really HUGE gap of over 1200 years were events are not accounted for. For all we know, the republic could had been defeated, and driven back to the edges of the galaxy, only for them to recover several centuries later and push back against the empire.

After all, the empire was defeated too during the Great Hyperspace War (Several millenia before SWTOR), and driven to the brink of extinction, and though it took them several thousand years to do it, they came back.

The fact that the Old Sith Emblem is near identical to the Republic Emblem during the movies should tip you off, that its entirely possible the Galactic Republic during the movies, is made of Imperial descendants, who maybe abolished sith practices, or even a union of both sides. As I said, there's a period of 1200 years that are completely unaccounted for, in terms of story.
    Pretty sure I've read some official lore somewhere that talks about the events of the Old Republic defeating the Sith Empire within the 1200 year period you are describing. And it's never alluded to that the Republic ever gets beaten that severely. And any time the past is talked about in a Star Wars story, they talk about how the Sith Empire was pretty much wiped out....not something the Republic could easily accomplish if they are themselves are almost wiped out first.

Unless............. the modern republic descended from the empire, and they covered that up.

O_O

/plot-twist.

As I pointed out, their emblems are near identical, that can't be a coincidence.

Unless............. the modern republic descended from the empire, and they covered that up.

O_O

/plot-twist.

As I pointed out, their emblems are near identical, that can't be a coincidence.
    Purely coincidental.

Its the old republic, not the old empire. we know the future of the sith with the old 'rule of 2' and so on, unlike other faction based mmos this one has its future predetermined and thats that the empire will crumble and be forgotten for a long time, then come back for a few decades till some uppity young skywalker kid takes them down again.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its the old republic, not the old empire. we know the future of the sith with the old 'rule of 2' and so on, unlike other faction based mmos this one has its future predetermined and thats that the empire will crumble and be forgotten for a long time, then come back for a few decades till some uppity young skywalker kid takes them down again.
    every time someone brings up that lore rape called "rule of 2" and clown Darth Bane i cringe hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

O_O

/plot-twist.

From what I can find that symbol was only used in the later years of the clone wars. During the period a sith was in charge. It is sown as the symbol for the Galactic Republic because that is the last symbol they used.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    From what I can find that symbol was only used in the later years of the clone wars. During the period a sith was in charge. It is sown as the symbol for the Galactic Republic because that is the last symbol they used.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Republic
    That symbol was actually around for millenia, long before Palpatine.
    I personally think the Empire wins, then collapses from the inside into a new iteration of the Republic with a logo similar to the old Sith one.
    And then after Ruusan Reformation it becomes the logo we knew from the prequels.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    That symbol was actually around for millenia, long before Palpatine.
    I personally think the Empire wins, then collapses from the inside into a new iteration of the Republic with a logo similar to the old Sith one.
    And then after Ruusan Reformation it becomes the logo we knew from the prequels.

Got a source on that? This is all I'm able to find on it. which is in the link above.

Bendu-inspired symbol used during the later stages of the Clone Wars.