'Close enough' culture us starting to piss me off.

I know everyone loves a good 'close enough' meme. Hell, I find myself laughing and saying it reasonibly often for the most minor of things. But, when it comes to work I am starting to notice glaring issues. Hardware going through beta testing that still doesnt work, companies not upgrading to newer technologies, or saving 5 dollars and buying a cheaper shorter lasting part. (No, not a jab at blizzard)

Today I was supposed to move into a newly renovated apartment, only to find so many problems with everything in sight, that we chose not to move in. The flooring was uneven, the dishwasher wouldnt lock because it fit improperly in the hole, the ceiling fan was not attached in a safe manner (thank god the fan didnt turn on), The balcony door wouldnt even close properly. There was a whole list of issues that I wont even get into. They never even siliconed anything.

How are we just accepting these things? Is it we just dont want to hurt people? Do we not want to pay more for an acceptable job? Or do we just not give 2 shits anymore as long as it doesnt effect us?

Did you write the title and than think meh close enough...
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

It's more of the fact that people have no fight left in them. We're all just consumerist meat puppets playing the game. People who complain are looked down upon, because reasons. And nobody really sees the big picture anymore.

This whole species has more or less fucked itself. As long as you don't develop any hope for the future then at least you can't be let down too far.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Your "close enough" spelling of your thread title made me actually grin. No..not a stab at your spelling, don't even start about thinking this is a violation of the "be nice" forum rule. It is just sweet irony considering the topic....

Damn you beat me ^^
    CLOSE ENOUGH. Cell phones are hard.
    Last edited by Ayla; 2014-12-02 at 09:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It's more of the fact that people have no fight left in them. We're all just consumerist meat puppets playing the game. People who complain are looked down upon, because reasons. And nobody really sees the big picture anymore.

This whole species has more or less fucked itself. As long as you don't develop any hope for the future then at least you can't be let down too far.
    This. It's weird seeing my thoughts written out by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

I happen to like fucking myself, problem?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    CLOSE ENOUGH. Cell phones are hard.
    Close enough to a desktop PC though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes "close enough" is all that can be reasonably expected. If you want "perfect," that's fine, but expect to pay a shit ton more for it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Must be hipster to hate everything modern culture brings along.

#YoloSwag
    Aaaaand the abstract and unrelated in any way in the realm of normal sanity, yet still manages to come off as personally offended in some way award goes to...

OT:No you're right OP, except it's all dollars and cents for the most part. This is the walmart way, also happens to be the chinese manufactering way. When you give up and stop returning it, they win. By pennies I'm sure. But they do. Welcome to 'they don't make stuff like they used to', we're just down the street from 'old school'.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

XXX culture.
    Now, that is annoying.

Deleted
    Well in the perfect Utopian world of infinite resources and infinite time, perfect will likely be more reachable than ever. Until then we got good enough.

Also, just a quick little thing, that apartment would be far more expensive than what you would have to pay; so think about that
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2014-12-02 at 10:51 PM.

If you have a lot of money you can buy work well done. If you have to buy something done on the cheap you get what you pay for. It's always been this way, you're really lucky if you get good work for cheap, the craftsman is losing out in that case.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    At a public toilet, aimed for the bowl, landed on the seat.

Close enough.

Just kidding guys, i'm a corgi, i do my business at trees.