Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trikory View Post
    We have to wait twelve hours ladies and gentlemen. Its amazing that they cannot just give an actual time that they will be done with it, they would just rather have us constantly sitting at our computers waiting for it to might happen, then telling us another two hours of maintenance... Then another two hours... So people that are wanting to play have had to wait an extra 4 hours of when planning to log on WoW now wasted, and they could have been doing something else with their lives while waiting for a TWELVE HOUR MAINTENANCE... :/
    12 hours huh, you are being awful hopeful that its not going to be extended again, for a third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Would you rather it work or be bugged? Is it inconvenient? Sure but honestly I'd rather them get shit working rather than getting in there and running into all manner of problems.

Guess I should be glad I work full time now and don't worry about this shit anymore lol. It will be up when it's up.
    I will guarantee that it will still be bugged, garrison hearthstones will still not work, nor will the mine!!! so what exactly have they fixed? oh everything else ahhh so the minuscule issues that the game has, while the big issues get forgotten so they can take the game down for more maintenance tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Or you could just go do something else without having to log in the second servers are back up....
    If you live in fantasy land maybe.

For those of us in hardcore guilds and have raids scheduled tonight, you know, the first night raiding is available, it would be nice to have an exact (or shit, even close to) time to be online.

If you aren't logging into MY server the second it comes up, you'll get cock blocked all night by an 8 hour queue. This could've been avoided if servers came up when they were supposed to, but the later they wait, the worse its gonna be.

It's blizzard's own damn fault for designing the crap like this. There shouldn't have been a delay to open raids because then people would start doing them as soon as they were capable and people would trickle into them over time. As it stands now, everyone has been waiting weeks for it to open, foaming at the mouth to get in, and will probably crash the servers to hell and back because everyone is trying to do it at the exact same time.

It's like they are incapable of learning from their mistakes. THey just keep making them and every single time they throw their hands up and say "oops, we didnt know!" which they will do when the servers crash tonight as well.

They should've done this maintenance yesterday instead of raid day, the login servers are going to explode from all the people.

Maybe it takes 12 hours to remove chicken pictures from trade.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trikory View Post
    I have been playing WoW since Vanilla, but recently they have been keeping their maintenance to a minimum.. or hot fixes... not even them fixing WoD with their back to back days of maintenance took this long and that was for the first couple days of a Expansion Release... this is just a patch.
    So you tell me you've been playing WoW since Vanilla and still haven't realized that full maintenance days will have delays? Tuesday is the one day I will never take off if I planned to play WoW.

Like all the other threads that popup each Tuesday maintenance isn't exclusive to pushing a patch. A number of things are done such as database index/repair, hardware replacement, hardware refresh/upgrade, etc.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Applying patches of this size is never a simple thing my friend. Be patient.
    I would agree with you typically, but there is no patch. Nothing changes except they instance portal to Highmaul becomes active. I'm confused what is taking them so long, unless they actually hadn't testing something of this nature since beta. Obviously the system files should all be the same.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    That avatar doe
    Lol, i remember liking Slipknot... when i was 15

Quote Originally Posted by Atheries View Post
    So you have been home all day (on a Tuesday) and have nothing to do? No work, no school. no chores or kids to pick up after? Are you on disability or unemployment? Do you work from home? What is your reason for needing to log on as soon as the servers are up?
    actually yes, I dont have kids, I dont work, the house is clean, and i finished school years ago. Yes i am on disability. you want to keep going asshat??? Being that im on disability, I spend most of my time in this game. keep it up and you will be on disibility too

It amazes me that people always say it "happens all the time" yet people completely forget about all the times they are done early. I doubt most people complaining can even comprehend how complicated running this whole game is and rolling out new stuff. Sometimes you'll get some sort of problem that couldn't of been forseen. It happens get over it.

I was unaware they had to patch in the raid, oh they didnt. All the had to do was flip the switch that lets us walk in to the place. What happened in the process to cause a long down time I do not know.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blame the "testers" who just use beta and ptr as a preview and don't report bugs etc.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerd rage is strong in this thread. o.O

I do think it was probably a mistake to schedule the raid opening on a maintenance day. In particular, the first maintenance day after a rocky launch and a Thanksgiving week where most (if not all) of their developers were out. The game's in pretty dire need of a client-side patch that I'm doubtful we're going to see for another week.

On the flip side, I'm pretty sure it was scheduled today because they didn't want to open raids last Tuesday and then have everyone gone on vacation and unable to hotfix whatever problems arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheries View Post
    So you have been home all day (on a Tuesday) and have nothing to do? No work, no school. no chores or kids to pick up after? Are you on disability or unemployment? Do you work from home? What is your reason for needing to log on as soon as the servers are up?
    How is this of any concern of yours?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol what? It's not as simple as turning a portal on.
    It sure seemed to work just fine for something that was recently launched. I can't quite remember the name of it but it has something to do with Draenor.

All they do is push a hotfix and bing. That's why WOD launched earlier than 12am PST on some servers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Rofl there is no patch...they are just hitting a switch. If anything, there are minor fixes (unless something completely unexpected happened? but I doubt it).
    Graviity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It sure seemed to work just fine for something that was recently launched. I can't quite remember the name of it but it has something to do with Draenor.

All they do is push a hotfix and bing. That's why WOD launched earlier than 12am PST on some servers.
    And oh that worked out perfectly! With noooo problems at aaaaall

Quote Originally Posted by DeaditeGroove View Post
    Now you know what it's like to live in the EU
    Maybe this is Blizzard's solution to the US getting raid boss kills earlier than EU due to playing the game 24 hours earlier?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, this happened on launch and it happens now

You have to be content with the fact that Blizzard is incompetent and deliberately wants to piss the raiding community off. They do it to spite you.

Or there may be sensible reasons?
    No, I'm pretty sure they just go out of their way to screw people over.

I mean, that's how they got here. Pissing everyone off on purpose for no good reason.

Right?

Right?

Do people really not understand?

1.) Yes, they are patching. Not everything that is patched is done on your side of the house, thus why various hotfixes and server restarts take place to fix issues without you having to download anything. They need to update all kinds of things on their side of the house to make sure things work properly.

2.) The whole, "Just give us a time, or one even reasonably close" deal is a little ridiculous. They give you an estimated window of time of maintenance (which is always the same window for full patch days) because that is the expected time, barring any large issues that the servers will be up.

3.) I'll take it that most of you don't work with servers? For those of us that do, it's not a matter of just "learning from your mistakes", when you update you systems and apply patches, sometimes, services stop working and issues arrive. And if you have to roll-back a patch to find an issue, it takes a good amount of time and that IS JUST TROUBLESHOOTING. Your first expected solution may not even be the underlying problem, welcome to networking.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol what? It's not as simple as turning a portal on.
    Yes, yes it actually is.

Everything for Highmaul is there already, just the portal was not set to warp players to it.

It's been there since Beta.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I was bummed out since I have classes today, but now, not so much. It sucks for those that have the time to play, but these things happen from time to time. There's a lot of back end stuff that we don't hear about so something probably got mucked up along the way.