Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I dunno why they haven't wrapped up this franchise.
    Because each new installment sells millions of copies : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because each new installment sells millions of copies : P
    But they have so many other franchises that have made just as much money D=

I want a new Prince of Persia game so badly, or a new splinter cell, etc.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Just as much? Not really, Assassin's Creed is far and away their biggest single franchise. Their Tom Clancy games may do well, Splinter Cell may be successful, so may their Rayman games, and Far Cry may have a big resurgence recently (which is why we saw 4 released so quickly after 3) but none bring in the kind of reliable revenue that Assassin's Creed does on an annual basis.

Watch Dogs may eventually do so, but they spend an insane amount of money marketing the first one to try to build that into a franchise, so we'll see how that plays out for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooo cool, I like Victorian London settings. You know this is one series that I actually don't mind coming out yearly because at least this series is interesting. It's not like Call of Duty where you're just going around shooting terrorists to save the world. The Assassin's Creed games deals with real life history and letting you be able to experience what is was like back in those days, as an assassin no less of course. With secret groups that are out to do things that are way bigger than something like terrorism. They just need to make sure that everything works properly when it's released and that's the problem with this series. It's like they totally skip over the testing process and they're like "eh, good enough. We're going to make millions anyways so we'll deal with bugs later lets get that moolah!". Hopefully they learned from Unity and they'll actually take their time to look over things to make sure the game will run smoothly.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Know what would interest the fuck out of me? If you actually played as a Victorian era upper class female assassin, and had to use your femininity and social status to kill through trickery rather than straight up violence and fighting.

That would be rad as shit and I'd be super down to play that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they just release an Assassin's Creed? They're really giving a new definition to rehashed shit. Like at least CoD waits a couple months to announce the next one. But daaamn. This is getting so ridiculous.

Know what would interest the fuck out of me? If you actually played as a Victorian era upper class female assassin, and had to use your femininity and social status to kill through trickery rather than straight up violence and fighting.

That would be rad as shit and I'd be super down to play that.
    That's actually an innovative idea for the series for once! Too bad Ubisoft would either 1. over sexualize the character or 2. just turn it into another fighting game.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Didn't they just release an Assassin's Creed?.
    It's annualized. So a new release every year (though in this case, 2 big title releases and 2 smaller title releases, so 4 total).

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    That's actually an innovative idea for the series for once! Too bad Ubisoft would either 1. over sexualize the character or 2. just turn it into another fighting game.
    You should totally have to use seduction as a potential tool to assassinate targets, so there would be some sexuality involved. But given the time period, it would be difficult to oversexualize her throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Didn't they just release an Assassin's Creed? They're really giving a new definition to rehashed shit. Like at least CoD waits a couple months to announce the next one. But daaamn. This is getting so ridiculous.
    They didn't announce it. This was a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They didn't announce it. This was a leak.
    Honestly, I'm mildly suspicious of this "leak". It's pretty awesomely timed to help take attention away from how broken Unity still is and drive excitement towards the next year.

It wouldn't be the first time a studio has faked a leak.

Honestly, I'm mildly suspicious of this "leak". It's pretty awesomely timed to help take attention away from how broken Unity still is and drive excitement towards the next year.

It wouldn't be the first time a studio has faked a leak.
    Unity and Rogue where leaked last year as well around this same time. There was no need to deflect attention away from Black Flag as it was getting mostly praise.

Bloodborne was leaked before E3, with no apparent reason for a fake.

Some times it's easier to believe if you take off the tin foil hat. Leaks happen, all the time very few are faked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's annualized. So a new release every year (though in this case, 2 big title releases and 2 smaller title releases, so 4 total).
    I understand, but to have a leak so quick after a launch for the next sequel seems... thirsty lol. For lack of a better term.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Unity and Rogue where leaked last year as well around this same time. There was no need to deflect attention away from Black Flag as it was getting mostly praise.
    I thought it was just some titles as part of a larger leak, and that was just for Liberation HD and the mobile game.

All I'm finding looking back to the last 3rd of last year are links like this: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ames-leak.aspx

Though looking months later (March) I'm seeing the leak of a few Unity screenshots: http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-reve...ins-1547111652

Oddly enough, also leaked to Kotaku, specifically Jason Shreier. Also, a very similar number of images (4 vs 5) showing as well as the logo.

Just as much? Not really, Assassin's Creed is far and away their biggest single franchise. Their Tom Clancy games may do well, Splinter Cell may be successful, so may their Rayman games, and Far Cry may have a big resurgence recently (which is why we saw 4 released so quickly after 3) but none bring in the kind of reliable revenue that Assassin's Creed does on an annual basis.

Watch Dogs may eventually do so, but they spend an insane amount of money marketing the first one to try to build that into a franchise, so we'll see how that plays out for them.
    BTW Far Cry 3 and 4 had 2 full years in between release, I wouldn't call that "so quickly" to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    BTW Far Cry 3 and 4 had 2 full years in between release, I wouldn't call that "so quickly" to be honest.
    Far Cry 1 -> 2 had 4 year (2004-2008)

Far Cry 2 -> 3 had 4 years (2008-2012)

Far Cry 3 -> 4 had 2 years (2012-2014) halving the time.

Not to mention you had the scaled down Blood Dragon released in 2013.

10+ Year Old Account

Why stop beating the dead horse you already have
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Honestly as much as I've enjoyed the series, and felt Black Flag was more enjoyable than Revelations and AC 3, I'm thinking it's time to wrap up the annual releases. They've said they actually have a conclusion to the series planned. With the subtitle "Victory" there, it feels like this could, and should, be that conclusion.

But as long as the cash keeps coming in, we know it won't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see what Ubisoft Quebec has in store for Victory. Despite the shaky launch, I loved Unity and all of the other AC games.

But I still want a playable female assassin.

AC3: Liberation does not exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I popped in AC2 today because I felt like playing an AC game and it felt so unbelievably dated. Are the newer AC games any better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    I popped in AC2 today because I felt like playing an AC game and it felt so unbelievably dated. Are the newer AC games any better?
    In my opinion, yes. Black Flag being the best of the newer. I still like Unity, though.

Edit: 100th post! \o/
    Last edited by Sfinna; 2014-12-03 at 04:01 AM.