Page 1 of 3
LastLast

any reason for opening LFR a week later than normal raids??

Wondering why blizzard decide to open LFR a week later than normal raids

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So that raiders in abusive raid guilds don't attempt to force their members into running LFR to gear up for normal raids. There are some guilds that like to abuse their members and this has historically been a big problem, previous attempts by Blizzard to fix this haven't been good enough. Hopefully the traditional week delay (it was like this in Pandaria as well I believe) plus LFR gear already being obsolete through Garrison missions and and CMs will fix the issue.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Because that's the way it's always been. It's silly for everyone to have access to see the whole raid on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    So that raiders in abusive raid guilds don't attempt to force their members into running LFR to gear up for normal raids.
    Which will still happen starting next week.

It's an incentive to try a bit harder if you want to see it right now, or get it dolled out slowly if you want to just see the content.

So that raiding guilds don't feel like they have to run it on week 1 to clear heroic? More than likely though, to polish, tune, and fix bugs, and to reward guilds that actually put effort into planning over the typical weekend warrior.

Deleted
    What RoKPaNda said...

WoW Community - Never satisfied. With anything.

Deleted
    LFR will be able to run the moment it launches, most raiders have to wait for the evening to raid with their guild, hence most people would feel that they need to run LFR before their real raid in order to maximize their loot.

How fun/interesting would it really be to run the LFR version before the real versions?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Because that's the way it's always been. It's silly for everyone to have access to see the whole raid on day 1.
    I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not...why would it be silly for everyone to see the raid on day one?

Imagine how bad LFR would be week one without people who have cleared Normal/Heroic to carry them through it. It would be an absolute fuckstorm of fail and the forums would be rife with calls for nerfs as I expect they will be already when people get to the last 3 bosses who step up the difficulty a lot.

Let's keep that divisiveness going with another thread pitting LFR players against "real raiders"

Its so the 5% won't have to run it to make normal+ easier for progression

because people that want flying in Draenor touch themselves at night

Well a great reason they may have is that they didn't wanted the raid instances to crash. I mean look at the extended maintenance, now the connection issues and half of realms still down. Imagine if we were all online and getting into raid instances. Fun games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been that way, except for maybe DS. DS was a dark, dark time, so I blotted most of it out of my memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go do your pet battles and wait for your tricycle mode.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

i imagine its so guilds that raid have a chance to see the raids first.

lfr is a cesspool of crap anyway. i have nothing against what LFR should be, i do however have quite a bit against what LFR has become.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Imagine how bad LFR would be week one without people who have cleared Normal/Heroic to carry them through it. It would be an absolute fuckstorm of fail and the forums would be rife with calls for nerfs as I expect they will be already when people get to the last 3 bosses who step up the difficulty a lot.
    It's still going to be. I mean I literally expect no more than about 5 to 10 good nerfs by week 2 of LFR. I mean hell how many times was Nazgrim LFR nerfed? The penultimate version of LFR Nazgrim finally had Def stance give the same rage when 100% attacked by the raid as he gained in Battle Stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    So that raiders in abusive raid guilds don't attempt to force their members into running LFR to gear up for normal raids. There are some guilds that like to abuse their members and this has historically been a big problem, previous attempts by Blizzard to fix this haven't been good enough. Hopefully the traditional week delay (it was like this in Pandaria as well I believe) plus LFR gear already being obsolete through Garrison missions and and CMs will fix the issue.
    Lol, abusive raid guild?

You are wrong on so many levels. Its not about the bs you just spouted, its just allowing raiders to experience the content before the rest of the masses get to experience it. There needs to be a little exclusivity left in this game or all the good players will leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    its just allowing raiders to experience the content before the rest of the masses get to experience it. There needs to be a little exclusivity left in this game or all the good players will leave.
    Then I don't understand why you bothered to make a thread about it.

It's pretty much standard practice to open LFR later than the rest. Call it a tradition.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

so that special snowflakes could feel better about themsleves for at least a week