Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    So that raiding guilds don't feel like they have to run it on week 1 to clear heroic? More than likely though, to polish, tune, and fix bugs, and to reward guilds that actually put effort into planning over the typical weekend warrior.
    Yep, that's our American society here. Saving people from themselves, because personal responsibility is too much to expect from people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Yep, that's our American society here. Saving people from themselves, because personal responsibility is too much to expect from people.
    Funny how it was mostly the hardcore European guilds that abused LFR lockout last time they could, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Funny how it was mostly the hardcore European guilds that abused LFR lockout last time they could, isn't it?
    Dunno, don't follow that shit. Just making a commentary on trends in America, as an American. /shrug

Because then people will run LFR once then mass unsub
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I wonder how many people that only do LFR would quit the week LFR came out if all of it was available instantly; I'm pretty sure Blizzard would lose a LOT of money - Gating content is how they keep people playing. Those who actually raid don't need the content to be gated because they're there for the fun/rewards/progression/difficulty etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incentive to try out the new raids in a higher difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    So that raiders in abusive raid guilds don't attempt to force their members into running LFR to gear up for normal raids. There are some guilds that like to abuse their members and this has historically been a big problem, previous attempts by Blizzard to fix this haven't been good enough. Hopefully the traditional week delay (it was like this in Pandaria as well I believe) plus LFR gear already being obsolete through Garrison missions and and CMs will fix the issue.
    Eh, I will abuse myself this way next week anyway to try to get more gear. I'm a little fuzzy on it this time around though, not sure the set bonuses work together. Either way until there are no more upgrades possible from LFR I'll be running LFR each week and while I'd never be server first anything, we will be clearing the raid on Mythic, cleared SoO on heroic (now Mythic) prior to 6.0 dropping.

Once my main has no use for LFR, my alts will.
    Free to play games explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Just go do your pet battles and wait for your tricycle mode.
    LOL it's actually a quad, its got 4 wheels. Because even 3 is too hard for them.

Molten Core is a good example, cant even kill the trash properly in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    artificial gate to try to retain subs.....
    I wonder how many people cancel their subscription once they kill the end boss of the tier on LFR and then come back 6 months later.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2014-12-04 at 10:50 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Personally I'm glad that LFR isn't available the first week. Daunting enough to do all that you are "supposed" to do.

I don't really believe that all that many people go do normal instead of LFR this week unless they already had their sights set on it, but sending signals that normal is the easiest "real" mode and that LFR really isn't raiding doesn't sound all that bad to me. Especially since you clearly do not have to commit to any kind of schedule whatsoever to run normal and hc with the flexible + cross realm system they have for it.

LFR might need to exist because max level content has to be played by a large enough portion of the player base, even the ones who uses auto-attack as their main source of damage and mouse click an ability every 5 seconds or so and find that to be good enough and are happy with that. But anyone who feel that they can pull their weight in heroic 5-mans should really aim for normal raids at least, they aren't all that hard. Just avoid groups created by obvious wanna-be hardcores with descriptions like "BRING BRAIN, FAIL = KICK".