Been Waiting A Long Time For This (25 Player)

Hello,

I don't have much experience with ICC, I soloed Lich King 25 for the first time last week. Now I wanna go 25 HC to try and get Invincible.

But I also still need this achievement for Glory of the Icecrown Raider, and I read up about Necrotic Plague on WoWhead, but all of it is a bit confusing. Can it be soloed by a ret paladin ilvl 632, and how exactly does it work?

Wow it is sad that he is soloable now. All that effort...

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Which rewarded you when it was current content and is irrelevant to you now.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Here. Look at the newest comment.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4621#comments
    I read that, but another guy said he did it as a ret paladin. I wonder if it's really necessary to spec into prot.

Deleted
    LK was able to be soloed for some time now, nothing new about soloing him.

I'm not sure a ret could do it solo. He wont cast plague on his highest threat target. Pet classes can do it easily since they leave their pet to tank as well as any class like Druids with a temp pet to summon on the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow it is cool that he has been soloable for a long while.
    Fixed it for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took very little effort to get that achievement when it was current content.

The pet shouldn't be a problem, I can get a pet trinket from Stormshield. What I'm curious about is how Necrotic Plague works. If the damage will be trouble for me even at lvl 100, and how it jumps between targets.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    The pet shouldn't be a problem, I can get a pet trinket from Stormshield. What I'm curious about is how Necrotic Plague works. If the damage will be trouble for me even at lvl 100, and how it jumps between targets.
    If you let it get too many stacks it could be but it can be dispelled off you once you reach the required stacks and last I knew - it had to be exact - can't be one over or under.

What I found to be the easiest way is to start the fight and do nothing. Wait til you have about 12 adds and then summon a pet to take the LK. Once he's off you he will almost immediately cast NP on you. Once it runs out it will jump to an add and then you just watch the stacks. I suggest that you do this on normal mode so you don't have to constantly move for shadow traps which you'll wind up forgetting about while watching the stacks and get tossed off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.