Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd like to amend that you cannot disengage over the Twin Ogron fire. Must have changed from beta
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutsman View Post
    Brackenspore:

Disengage (with posthaste talent)+cheetah macro to achieve maximum speed before using flamethrower to maximize burninating.
    I'd never put a hunter on flamethrower duty... but if your raid leader is retarded... I guess that helps.

Also on Imperator (last boss)

Deter the mines/circles (Destructive Resonance) - I believe the AoE damage still goes out, but it clears the room when they may become a nuisance, probably in phase 4.
    Deter the jumping debuff (Arcane Wrath - Branded) if you are the one its going to pop on
    Disengage the huge Nova (Force Nova) - purely to reduce damage taken, also very good on phase 4 as it does loads more damage.

Other tips for Imperator:
    Binding Shot, Explosive Shot, great for the mass adds that spawn and helps your tank, as well as saving aMoC for the medium adds that spawn.
    DO NOT Disengage over a mine/circle on the ground, it will still pop and explode if you do - this goes for any other class, including heroic leaps / charge.
    Last edited by opbear; 2014-12-04 at 03:02 PM.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by opbear View Post
    I'd never put a hunter on flamethrower duty... but if your raid leader is retarded... I guess that helps.
    Curious as to your logic regarding this. Which class would you suggest using?

Quote Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
    Simply because you don't put your top dps on bitch duty.

Or a better answer would be that something like rogues or paladins can use a big speedboost and clear much more than a hunter can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
    Druids or Shamans because of passive 30/40% movement speed. We put our Feral Druid and Enha Shaman on the duty.

Doesn't the flamethrower give some sort of buff though that allows the user (if ranged) to do some non-negligible damage?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Doesn't the flamethrower give some sort of buff though that allows the user (if ranged) to do some non-negligible damage?
    It gives the buff regardless of role(Melee/Range/Healer), in theory best use would be on BM Hunter, as their pets can keep DPSing boss while you clean plus pets get full benefit of the damage buff since they are always attacking.

I told our hunters yesterday they should be BM for the fight and clearing shit on the ground, but I think they're already pissed they have to be the trigger for Butcher, the soakers on Kor'agh, the shield charge targets on Twin Ogron, etc. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I told our hunters yesterday they should be BM for the fight and clearing shit on the ground, but I think they're already pissed they have to be the trigger for Butcher, the soakers on Kor'agh, the shield charge targets on Twin Ogron, etc. LOL.
    I'd be pissed too if my raid leader was ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    I'd like to amend that you cannot disengage over the Twin Ogron fire. Must have changed from beta
    When it was first tested you could NOT Disengage over it, you still got the debuff.

On Ko'ragh, Kill Shot will activate once his shield is at 35%, however will not reset. This currently works for all execute type mechanics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minèa View Post
    On Ko'ragh, Kill Shot will activate once his shield is at 35%, however will not reset. This currently works for all execute type mechanics
    Yes this! haha. I was so confused I thought my UI bugged out when I saw it light up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes this! haha. I was so confused I thought my UI bugged out when I saw it light up.
    They fixed this, it's in the notes for the 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    When it was first tested you could NOT Disengage over it, you still got the debuff.
    I got debuff every time, even tried with glyph.

On Imperator, does anyone know if you can Disengage over Force Nova? Trying him out this weekend and was reading through mechanics.
    Last edited by Chapayuki; 2014-12-04 at 09:06 PM.

Easy there turbo. Like Tehterrokkar said, BM hunters are pretty clearly the #1 spec for this job for several reasons.

1. We can achieve burst 60% increased movement speed and perma 30% with cheetah, 38% if you really want to glyph it. You won't need to burn for more than 4s every 20s so 60% movement speed every burn is fine imo.

2. Our pets being on the boss full time means we do the most damage while flame throwing.

3. We can turn around and attack the boss immediately, making the most out of the damage increase. This will be more important in heroic or mythic when damage output is more of an issue.

4. We can stack the damage increase with BW every minute. Ferals can tiger's fury more often but it a few stacks of the damage increase buff by the time the feral gets within 25 yards, wild charges, and spends 60 energy before using. When we get our 2 piece BW will be up closer to every 30 seconds anyways.

5. We can immune the pulsing aoe damage, unlike most other examples given in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapayuki View Post
    On Imperator, does anyone know if you can Disengage over Force Nova? Trying him out this weekend and was reading through mechanics.
    You still take damage, but you reduce the damage taken by disengaging over because you pass through it more quickly. Definitely a good idea.

Easy there turbo. Like Tehterrokkar said, BM hunters are pretty clearly the #1 spec for this job for several reasons.

1. We can achieve burst 60% increased movement speed and perma 30% with cheetah, 38% if you really want to glyph it. You won't need to burn for more than 4s every 20s so 60% movement speed every burn is fine imo.

2. Our pets being on the boss full time means we do the most damage while flame throwing.

3. We can turn around and attack the boss immediately, making the most out of the damage increase. This will be more important in heroic or mythic when damage output is more of an issue.

4. We can stack the damage increase with BW every minute. Ferals can tiger's fury more often but it a few stacks of the damage increase buff by the time the feral gets within 25 yards, wild charges, and spends 60 energy before using. When we get our 2 piece BW will be up closer to every 30 seconds anyways.

5. We can immune the pulsing aoe damage, unlike most other examples given in the thread.

You still take damage, but you reduce the damage taken by disengaging over because you pass through it more quickly. Definitely a good idea.
    Thanks! And I'm assuming/hoping Deterence works as well? (just looking at the later Phases where the Nova comes faster and stronger).

They must've fixed it, you took no damage on beta when Disengaging over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Tectus, you can deterrence through Crystalline Barrage without taking any damage.

Or you can just use Disengage to jump over it for faster travel time and no need to stop attacking for even a second.