Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can anyone confirm on Kargath Mythic, pet does or does not benefit from the Roar of the Crowd buff?

Looking at our logs from last night, it seems like it didn't; I've been semi-stubbornly BM-ing it, and usually my BM and MM DPS are pretty similar with MM being a little ahead. However, after several tries as BM, I did a couple tries as MM, and my DPS shot way up; it may be that the raid did better at not losing what buff we acquired on those tries (we are hilariously bad at not avoiding fire), but I wondered if it might be pet-related as well...

Very basic, but I see hunters not thinking about it. If you are running Crows on fights with adds wait with Crows for the moment when add will die during dot. Extra useful on Imperator and Bracken, also Motes of Tectus I don't think it's worth delaying too much tho'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan View Post
    I was wondering if you could feign death in Berserker Rush in order to interrupt it? Sorta like you could on Aim at Klaxxi.

Anyone knows if you can?
    You can and it works, but don't. It will just get someone killed.

bringing this thread back to front page, also if you take posthaste on imperator it clears the slow debuff which saves some mana for your healers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knitten View Post
    it may be that the raid did better at not losing what buff we acquired on those tries (we are hilariously bad at not avoiding fire)
    just quick fyi. taking damage from the mythic fire missile thing does not affect favor.

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    bringing this thread back to front page, also if you take posthaste on imperator it clears the slow debuff which saves some mana for your healers
    You need deterrence for the novas anyway so it's not worth taking over cthc. Especially on mythic where replication lasts for two phases.

On M Butcher you can deterrence the adds when you soak them to completely negate it. If your guild's not doing the pool party tactic and soaking them normally then save det for when you can multiple adds in your area. You can then det to soak 2-3 of them where otherwise that would have killed you.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only read through half so I'm just going to dump my crap here..

Kargath:
    Going up as Surv, pooling focus as chain hurl is going out, MD'ing to selected tank and barrage makes for an easy pull. CCing with binding and 2-3 ice traps (snare passive)

Brackenspore:
    Same old - deterrence through wave, cheetah with both glyphs is awesome, feign for debuff reset.

Tectus:
    Posthaste/cheetah/deterrence for clouds

Twin:
    Cheetah for fire phase with glyphs (only gets removed by rocks and a shout), otherwise deterrence (fire goes in the same pattern respective to the weapon anyway). Fox for empowered whirling. Deterrence/cancel aura for big rock hit

Koragh:
    Barrage + MD to tank for second - third wave of adds to make his life a lot easier

Margok:
    I used cheetah before pull, we would get him down to 86% before his first nova went out. I used posthaste and fox for raid to keep up dps to his tele location. If you still have deterrence for the novas that causes aoe dmg, pop det BEFORE the nova hits you. If you do this the aoe will not spread from you and kill the people near you.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and on Margok, as MM it worth waiting that extra second to cleave off of the boss onto the abberations. And its also worth not casting anything to get 2 kill shots out instead of just the 1. I roll Surv for it now, so I just keep my multishot dots and explsv traps up on the small adds whilst my black arrow and explsv shots hit the mages. In the last phase its probably worth binding the small adds whe the tank has to move away with the debuf incase any of the adds follow him.

Any pet that might be better at Tectus Mythic playing BM?

Slaka

Quote Originally Posted by Zum View Post
    Any pet that might be better at Tectus Mythic playing BM?
    Chimaeras with their AoE seems like a good choice, although it probably blocks Beast Cleave and might be a dps loss as well, would need some sims for that.

Also for Mar'gok, line up your AMoC with intermissions and use it on all ogres that spawn Kinda nice dps boost, also it's worth using on Abberations only from P2 onward, just make sure it resets. In P3 it seems extra handy due to increased HP on AA. Probably just basics, but hunters in my guild don't do that.
    Last edited by Huggykaze; 2015-01-07 at 01:23 PM.

On Imperator Mar'gok, if Disengage is on cooldown, you can reliably use Cheetah Aspect to move quickly through Force Nova. The damage will not cancel the aspect.

What about Tips for Tectus to improve dps ? ty

Slaka

what can we do to help soak the barrier on Ko'ragh especially on mythic? if i recall, Deterrence doesn't work right?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Use a healing pot? The challenge of soaking is that it is basically 100% on healers to keep the soaker alive aside from self heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    what can we do to help soak the barrier on Ko'ragh especially on mythic? if i recall, Deterrence doesn't work right?
    We just call out whos inside soaking as they run in, that way our healers know who to bomb heals on. Just takes a bit of communication.

I just watch my hp and use a hp pot if needed.

afaik, you want magic users to soak the shield because the MCs can only be broken by physical damage dealers, like MM hunters. A magic user trying to break an MC will just deplete their shield. Putting a hunter in there is kind of a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    afaik, you want magic users to soak the shield because the MCs can only be broken by physical damage dealers, like MM hunters. A magic user trying to break an MC will just deplete their shield. Putting a hunter in there is kind of a waste.
    Survival Hunter is almost all magic damage, so if you're running SV you're a good candidate for going in there.

--edit--

Actually, that may be worth adding to the OP if it isn't already. SV is all magic damage, MM is mostly physical except Chimaera Shot, and BM is half and half with Arcane and Cobra being magic damage and Kill Command being physical. Gives us a good bit of flexibility to balance out uneven raid comps. I know with my team (normal/heroic, we're not there yet on mythic), on early attempts I went as SV to help get the boss' shield down sooner, but now that our casters have better gear and are pulling better numbers I switched to MM to get the kill time down.
    Last edited by Jantof; 2015-01-08 at 07:53 PM.

That's probably the one tip we've had recently which seems pretty good. Added.

Imperator Mar'gok
    -Aspect of the Pack and Aspect of the Cheetah do not daze when hit by the nova. Can use to move yourself, or your raid though the nova. The pulsating AOE from the add does proc the daze though.
    - If you're taking care of branded, you can deterrence to immune the damage, great during P3.

Will it still jump to someone who has Deterrence up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jantof View Post
    Will it still jump to someone who has Deterrence up?
    That I'm not sure of. The other hunter and I normally only use it when we are dropping it. Will have to test it next week.