Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    I wish Giant Lashers were the reason my realm was crashing. Can't spawn them without being able to log in there AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So is this now the go-to excuse? Every single time something doesn't work its a DDoS?
    Well, paying customers trying to play their game that they have no capacity for is kind of like a DDoS.

Let's just face facts and realize that the Blizzard of 2014 is not the same quality studio that released WoTLK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanesia View Post
    I'm sure if you cry about it endlessly that will fix a lot of problems too. Idiot.
    Im sure if you cry about him crying that will fix a lot of problems too.

7+ Year Old Account
    no one in my guild can get past 'character not found' meanwhile blood legion and other top guilds clearing raids. nice preferred customers blizzard.

No one on my server can connect

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Toon in garrison? Loading screen 90% followed by world server down, over and over again.

Level 1 in Northshire Valley, same server? Instantly logged in with no lag.

Seems like the garrison server is the problem again to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibberjabber View Post
    no one in my guild can get past 'character not found' meanwhile blood legion and other top guilds clearing raids. nice preferred customers blizzard.
    Funny how that's always the case eh? If you're in those guilds to get the world handed to ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    All those people claiming Blizzard was being DDoS'ed and using their websites to prove it, sure look like jackasses now. :x
    I ignored everyone that said that they were DDOSed. They have nothing of value to contribute to the site, and spreading around that misinformation proves it.

15 new people in my ignore list, oh joy.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    All those people claiming Blizzard was being DDoS'ed and using their websites to prove it, sure look like jackasses now. :x
    These people have been quiet

Well, people wanted TBC back. They got the continent (although in another timeline) AND the server issues of TBC. Be careful what you wish for. :P

I can only laugh at people who cried about the maintenance during WoD launch. Back in the day servers were offline for 2-3 days FOR NO REASON. No launch, no patch, nothing...but the purple glasses are too strong and people don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    WoW's tech hasn't advanced 10 years in that time though. I think they've made incremental improvements but fundamentally WoW is still a 10 year old game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Why would advances in technology prevent these kinds of issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerWildstar View Post
    Seeing as it is using the wc3 engine, you could easily argue that it is a 12 year old game.
    The engine will have received modifications and improvements in that time. True that it's still "the same engine as at launch", but that doesn't mean it hasn't changed. Also, WoW's engine is a re-purposed and heavily modified version of the WC3 engine. It's the same thing as Guild Wars 2 using a heavily modified version of the GW1 engine, they aren't really the same.
    More importantly, their server technology will have certainly improved in that time. With the release of new hardware and software, there's no real reason for them to have not improved it.
    But not only does new tech not necessarily prevent these kinds of issues from happening, new tech can actually introduce issues. That said, you'd expect a veteran company who's been working on the same product for over 10 years now to have their shit together a little more.

Yeah, yesterday was reeeaaally rough. I was able to played for maybe an hour and a half before having to head to bed.