Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corixa View Post
    Our dps was amongst the lowest (while most geared in raid) only beating mages. We did not have a ww monk. I do feel i'm super weak with my gear, but what i'm saying is benching enh shamans is not really "needed" to kill fights like twin ogron. I'd rather bring people who can dodge stuff.
    You said you dont have the luxury to stack classes. Do you have the luxury to sit classes? Genuine question. I have no fear of being benched. We arent that hardcore anymore and tend to play what we like within reason, we also do not have that luxury. We were having trouble hitting the enrage on Butcher and while I was not bottom, i crunched my numbers and was very good on my Stormstrikes etc mathematically but I was still quite low. That feeling of "Im not pulling my weight" does creep in and thats what im more worried about as time goes on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corixa View Post
    Our dps was amongst the lowest (while most geared in raid) only beating mages. We did not have a ww monk. I do feel i'm super weak with my gear, but what i'm saying is benching enh shamans is not really "needed" to kill fights like twin ogron. I'd rather bring people who can dodge stuff.

But like i said in a previous post, your guild has too many melee, I dont think its unrealistic to expect being benched on half of the fights .
    Well our raid optimizes setup and we are just soooooo far behind on single target. I cant even argue against them benching me on those fights.

We have highly skilled melees and our ww monk can do bullshit as much as he wants with his dps.

I feel worthless for progress right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    It's in a weird setup for the guild I'm in.

We have 2 tanks, 3-5 healers (Depending on the night) and any DPS we can get (Normal for the moment.). But out usually Melee DPS is nearly up to 9 people, with only 3 Ranged. 2 Hunter's and a Mage (For 1 night). It's coming to the point where Elemental Shaman may be of use for my raid's setup. We just have too much Melee, and not enough Spell Damage or Ranged DPS. Koragh is kicking our ass. Though ,with what we have, we managed to get him down to 29%. (With a Unholy DK and a Ret Paladin)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    actually we only had 2 dps on bench on the day we killed twin ogron
    and they are not OP classes
    I'm actually a bit concerned when other raiders catch up with gear, but hopefully they will give us another buff by then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well our raid optimizes setup and we are just soooooo far behind on single target. I cant even argue against them benching me on those fights.

We have highly skilled melees and our ww monk can do bullshit as much as he wants with his dps.

I feel worthless for progress right now.
    I get what you mean but I just dont think its necessary to optimize that much for kargath and twin ogron.
    I do agree that we'll be disadvantaged on many bosses if your guild has other choices, but theres nothing we can really do now

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6#difficulty=4&boss=1706&sample=7&dataset=90

over the last week (After the last tuning 90 percentile)

5k dps difference between enh and the top spec (in max dps)

Our 2-3 targets are shit (twins, brackenspore)

Only thing lower than us are combat rogue, fire mage, demo lock, arms warrior and bm hunter, but they all have alternative specs to play, we dont (yes we have ele, but effectively different roles.)

Deleted
    I cant switch to elemental cause 8 slots are totally useless for elemental. Not because its another role.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I cant switch to elemental cause 8 slots are totally useless for elemental. Not because its another role.
    I'm... confused. Maybe I'm not understanding, or I'm missing something? But that sentence made no sense to me. I'm reading the words, and I understand the words, but I really just don't understand what you're trying to say. o_o;;

Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    I'm... confused. Maybe I'm not understanding, or I'm missing something? But that sentence made no sense to me. I'm reading the words, and I understand the words, but I really just don't understand what you're trying to say. o_o;;
    He's saying he don't have the gear to make the transition because 7(staff)/8 gear slots don't convert to intelligence/caster gear when you change spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menubrea View Post
    He's saying he don't have the gear to make the transition because 7(staff)/8 gear slots don't convert to intelligence/caster gear when you change spec.
    Ah! Alright. Yeah, glad someone understood that. I would have never gotten' that.

I'm working on leveling a Elemental Shaman for the guild to cover a few utility roles that we are in dire need in our group. =\
    Leveling a Shaman isn't too bad (Rouge was the first, in the first few days of Release, and than Paladin this last week.). Actually it's really quick, and hits like a truck at the moment. I'm guessing that will change at 100 and everything, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than Paladin or Rogue, oddly enough.

I know our scaling sucks but IF/WHEN they fix that, I kinda hope they leave us play similar. I hate the fact that our dps for single targets is just average but the tough fights in Highmaul, are where we shine the most.

I do find it sad that Twins, our best fight for gear hands down, is one of our worst. Not sure Blizzard thought that out very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frika View Post
    here is my log on shroom guy
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    1 k dps less and overall it wasnt a bad fight. i am still not sure which tallents are best though for single. i can see plenty of suggestions but it just feels off when i loose echo >.> further testing is needed! Thanks for the insight will have a look in bigger detail after work
    You guys should also log Warcraft Logs. Personally I think WoL got lazy and let someone come in and do it better.

I have the same struggles as you man but for now I feel most comfortable with EotE/UF/EF. It seems to be the most constant for me.
    Last edited by failbringer; 2014-12-12 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frika View Post
    here is my log on shroom guy
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    1 k dps less and overall it wasnt a bad fight. i am still not sure which tallents are best though for single. i can see plenty of suggestions but it just feels off when i loose echo >.> further testing is needed! Thanks for the insight will have a look in bigger detail after work
    My issue mostly boiled down to the fact that whilst my shaman, in our heroic run, was doing roughly 28k on Brackenspore with hugely inflated rejuv mushrooms (I'd pull our heroic logs but the ones we have from this week have been done privately it seems); my monk, which was at the time 5 ilvls beneath, did 33.5k on mythic, which is arguably quite low for the class potential, and whilst with abused mechanics on my shaman, and better gear and much more optimized play, I had no chance at even scraping it.

At least I get to play my shaman on Tectus though I guess, here's hoping there's a little more tweaking between now and blackrock at the least

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    My issue mostly boiled down to the fact that whilst my shaman, in our heroic run, was doing roughly 28k on Brackenspore with hugely inflated rejuv mushrooms (I'd pull our heroic logs but the ones we have from this week have been done privately it seems); my monk, which was at the time 5 ilvls beneath, did 33.5k on mythic, which is arguably quite low for the class potential, and whilst with abused mechanics on my shaman, and better gear and much more optimized play, I had no chance at even scraping it.

At least I get to play my shaman on Tectus though I guess, here's hoping there's a little more tweaking between now and blackrock at the least
    If you ask me dps monks and paladins have to be nerfed with 20%+ flat out at this point because i don't see the rest of us getting buffed to their level. What is really funny is how blizzard come forward before the expansion set and bluntly lie through their teeth saying that `you won't see huge differences between the dps in your party definatly not like the warlocks and the rest at the end of soo` and than you see the exactly same thing except in my experience currently we have 2 such classes and the difference is bigger and the gap between me and warlocks in the previous tier. And all this is after they first had the chance to balance the dps but decided not to and second nerfed the monks twice since the expansion come out and buffed shaman dps twice. How bad at math are you exactly ? I can understand if you are a few % off but come on we are talking 60%+ difference between the shamy dps and top dps here easy when the expac come out and you call yourself professionals and ask me to trust you this time around... really ? O_o
    And when you point to stuff like that and you always find some fanboy telling you how you have it wrong and how blizzard have it right... how is this happening??!?