Poll: Which gem is better?

Primary 10 vs Secondary 35

My guild is getting ready to start raiding and I have noticed that one of my members is using old gems. Particularly they are using primary +10 stats on their gems as opposed to the secondary +35 stat ones. So, I am wandering, what would you all view as being better. Gems that offering +10 in a primary stat or gems that offer +35 in a secondary stat.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

It depends on the stat weights for the class.

35 secondary. There will never be a time when the strongest secondary is 3.5 weaker than a primary. (I think :P)

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    I just checked and some classes primary's are nearly 4 times as much, soooo yh.
    Could you give an example of what classes primary stat is such a higher weight them the secondary ones?
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    35 secondary. There will never be a time when the strongest secondary is 3.5 weaker than a primary. (I think :P)
    True. Blizzard had our best interests at heart when it comes to WoD gems.

Yeah, I was pretty sure that 10 of the primary shouldn't outweigh the secondary's nearly enough for the boost to be better with it giving only +10

7+ Year Old Account
    I could see +10 being worth looking into for some classes. For sub rogues, for example, it probably comes pretty close. I haven't checked that yet but I will after work.

I can't really think of any other class where that would be as close, as AT MOST I would guess the primary to be x2 the highest secondary. Asking for >x3.5 would be a whole lot.