What you guys think of the best offspec in a HC Highmaul progression run?

Mainspec will (obviously) be MM, even though I hate the fact that I cannot move whenever I want without getting DPS reduction.

So for the offspec. I really love SV, and never been fan of BM. However, can SV be justified as an offspec in heavy movement/cleave fights, rather than BM? What are your thoughts?

edit : and good luck to you all tonight in Highmaul!

Deleted
    pure ST = mm
    very heavy aoe = bm
    mix of both = either LW mm or exotic fire muntion mm

There is no fight in Highmaul where BM or SV is better than MM. You might as well just have no offspec.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Only fight I can think of where BM might be worth using is the train boss, but that depends on the amount of adds that the boss spawns. Or you could just stay MM, carry the single-target on turrets and let Mages/Warriors/Warlocks take care of the AoE as usual.

MM with Barrage and MM with Glaive Toss so you don't have to use tomes.

I actually did more dps as survival than marksman vs brackenspore. However, that means probably that I'm not playing MM good enough. Was on flamethrower duty tho, and moved all the fucking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    There is no fight in Highmaul where BM or SV is better than MM. You might as well just have no offspec.
    Goodluck killing Heroic Tectus with our current ilvl as MM with like 70% ST uptime.
    Yes, MM is viable for all fights in highmaul right now; however, I personally prefer to rock BM for HC Tectus because of the heavy movement and consistent AoE.

I had 88% uptime on ST on H Tectus. It's not too bad if you stutter step well. It really helps when your raid is coordinated enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    Goodluck killing Heroic Tectus with our current ilvl as MM with like 70% ST uptime.
    Yes, MM is viable for all fights in highmaul right now; however, I personally prefer to rock BM for HC Tectus because of the heavy movement and consistent AoE.
    this /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    I'd say it's more the player than the fight if you're getting 70% ST uptime on Tectus.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    I'd say it's more the player than the fight if you're getting 70% ST uptime on Tectus.
    I agree

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=168811

I'm Valdarin btw
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    I specifically stated that MM is viable for any normal fight since you can cheese it (normal mode is a joke). When you get to heroic/mythic, where fights are longer, and more shit is happening, you will tend to get unlucky streaks of debuffs and unlucky positioning. The 70% was an estimate that I expected players doing HC Tectus as MM would receive considering they got the smoke debuff at least twice on average.

I am not trying to say that BM is necessarily the best spec for HC/Mythic Tectus, but rather that because there is so much potential movement during the fight, BM will help you focus more on the fight and its mechanics rather than your ST uptime, which could cause more problems than its DPS could make up for.

This is progression; you should be doing whatever is necessary to help your guild kill the boss, if that requires you going MM here, then none of this is that big of a deal. Just do you!

Deleted
    Just killed tectus on hc, had 83% Sniper Training.
    EZ, wouldnt change to any other spec in highmaul.