Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How did your first night of raiding go?

Hey fellas,

Just wanted to hear from some of you druids on how your first night of raiding went, not as a group but as a druid.
    Did you do as well as you had hoped, keep competitive within your roles?

Lets hear about it all!

As a Balance Druid re-roll I was excited to see what I could do and I was not disappointed, we managed to take down Kargath on heroic. A few thoughts about balance and balance on Kargath especially is that starfall has a lot of potential on that fight if used correctly and safely. With that being said first time I used starfall in the stands... unglyphed It was really hard to control the aggro I received and got mauled to death from pulling too much, to compensate we sent a holy priest for the oh snap BOP which help loads. My guild is still forming the core for the raid team so we only had about 16 players in for raid tonight and had to work with what we got. With that out there about 10 of us were seriously ready for raiding and what we accomplished was quite a feat imo :>

All that aside I think Balance is pretty decent right now, I topped the charts majority of the time, we lust pulled so along with pots and my cd's I was able to pull way ahead peaking at around 60-70k before slowly but surely dropping down to 20-22k. Im really excited for Highmaul, the fights look really fun!

Very competitive with everyone in my raid as a balance druid. We one shotted Kargath on heroic, and moved onto butcher. Having started about 30 minutes before our raid was scheduled to end (server issues), we only got a few pulls in on butcher. But i was pulling anywhere between 19-23k depending on the attempt (averaging around 21-22k). Kargath my damage was a little lower than i had hoped but i was 4th on the meter with 20k dps (i got targetted by like 4 of his damn berserker rushes and was a little panicky on the first 2). Got the mastery/crit ring from kargath too! Good night overall (barring the server issues of course), really looking forward to seeing the rest of the fights.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2014-12-03 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    my guild lead cancelled our raid due to server problems and around half or more of our raid team were struggling to get into the game and even when we got in it was derpy.
    he didn't want to risk the server crashing mid fight or leaving people out that haven't managed to get on. so tonight will be our first. really excited to raid as resto though

Jealous at those who were able to raid. I couldn't reliably play until 8pm PST.

just killed 2 bosses, thought will never log in due to server issues, as resto its hardly ever anything to remember

Deleted
    Joined a group from the raid finder tonight. Started at Butcher, a very easy encounter for ranged dps apparently. Got him down to 1% on first attempt, second attempt we bagged him without any problems. Was at nr 3 on the damage meters at the end, at about 13-14k dps as balance with SotF and Euphoria, ilvl 628.

We tried Brackenspore a few times but didn't succeed. Apparently a couple of times one of the flamers disappeared (?), making it harder. At about 15k dps with the same setup (about 12k first try because didn't use Starfall enough).

There was one other balance druid with almost the same ilvl doing about the same damage as me. Seems like we're doing pretty good as a spec (balance) which feels good!

Deleted
    cleared normal and killed kargath heroic. Overall a strong class on all fights, not really the best at anything, but starfall is ridiculously powerful. Ran full night with euphoria to form a baseline for talent testing. Some bosses most definitely require talent swaps, but euphoria was all around decent. Didn't really see any reason why not to pick a moonkin for any fight, mostly positive results. A bit scared that we might get the nerf bat on the mythic launch week, but we'll see.

Edit: To add, dps fluctuated between 21-29k, with the average hitting roughly 23k. Butcher definitely felt the worst, clocking in at ~22k dps. Managed to cap the next person in lines dps by max 5k. on kargath, but more realistic is the imperator sliding in at +2,5k to the 2nd best, dat starfall.
    Last edited by mmoca9d48ebf0f; 2014-12-04 at 12:05 AM.

killed the 3 bosses on hc... hmm holy is a bit better than I could imagine for raids, I can actually keep up with other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    killed the 3 bosses on hc... hmm holy is a bit better than I could imagine for raids, I can actually keep up with other healers.
    Holy Druids ftw!!!
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto here, cleared full normal with some stupid wipes on last boss because of many players dcing, getting stuck on launcher requiring new patch and then being unable to log back in for a while, mega time waste for a first raid day :/
    Heroics tomorrow since today we simply ran of time with the dcs.
    Healing was enjoyable, I was slightly undergeared compared to other healers, maybe 5-6 ilvls below because I am one of those people who got the same item multiple times from cms >.< Tranquility is strong in a raid, on par with holy priest hymn though so at least other classes can't complain it is overpowered. Very happy with the mobility, it was needed, almost all bosses are constant movement bosses, especially with 30 people in raid... My only wish would be to get some kind of aggro reduction ability at some point, wishlist for next expansion, I got meleed by adds quite a lot

balance, was top 3dps every fight, we had half alts half mains.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/12

Logs are scattered a bit look between the 3.

Deleted
    Guardian felt fine in Highmaul, I'm excited for trying out mythic.

Deleted
    Killed all from Kargath up to and including Twin Ogron on normal, my guild is planning to clear the rest of norm tommorow and start clearing hc on sunday.
    Seeing as peeps are boasting deepz. I'll join in
    Destro king of the deepz every fight!

Deleted
    Feral here, did 6 bosses and even though I came in undergeared compared to the rest of my guildies I ended up in the top5 in our 30man throughout the night.

Excited for tomorrows raid killing the last boss and starting with heroics.

Its funny I didnt know there was Holy-druids or Destro-druids, though Im guessing people only read the title off the mainpage

Got to Ko'ragh normal. As resto, biggest suprise was how important mana management is. It's lean back, be lazy, full focus on the few most mana efficient heals and avoid casting anything else.

Except for on Brackenspore - a really great fight for healers.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished 2 normal clears on druid and priest (Holy) priest seemed easier to manage mana wise, went oom on Margok earlier on druid than priest but guess that's down to not knowing the fight 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went as expected to be honest. I knew Resto was in a good spot and I expected that either I or our other resto druid to top. I topped each fight, probably because I was running Tree of Life which just seemed better for all fights.

Since we're figuring out tactics on our own, we basically only have dungeon journal and the fight itself as our source, so it was a bit hard to predict damage, meaning I was low on mana at some points. Easily manageable once I get to know the fights, though.

Really enjoyed highmaul, though. Fun fights!

No one attempted tanking as bear yet?

Attempting it tonight after the oce servers went bonkers just as the guild was getting ready to go in.

Got Kargath to like 5% and wiped, everyone was super keen to finish him off but then we spent like 2 hours having half the raid disconnecting and being unable to log in

Finally did get him down, I was the only one who was still unable to log in for the kill though

Also got the Butcher but didn't win anything. Few pulls on Brackenspore and then time was up.

What I get for playing day 1 I guess.

On the plus side I topped DPS on most pulls and hardly ignored mechanics at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Exor View Post
    No one attempted tanking as bear yet?
    Friend of mine tanked on his bear, seemed to have no problems and did heaps of damage to boot. He was really pissed about losing loot rolls to a rogue below him on the meters lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.