Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared everything on Normal and will start our Heroic Clear tomorrow.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    ran our raid, just finished, 2 shotted bladefist, and took 3 attempts at the butcher, bladefist we had a problem with chain hurl for our first pull but nailed the second.with the butcher we had failures on the mechanics first pull, a tank dced and one died just after the dc second pull, third pull we nailed him, heading to tec+brack tomorrow. we think we'll nail it. all in all i think the raids are amazing so far, can't wait to go further

Started with a casual Normal raid tonight, first time playing balance since wotlk, and i am very surprised, we had about 28 people in the raid, and i topped every fight at about 20-22k dps on each boss until brackenspore. My ilevel was 639 when i started.

It went really well! We reached our goal and the healers said I was pretty easy to keep alive while tanking.

We 1 shot Kargath Bladefist and The Butcher. Wiped a few times on Tectus (Yo, melee: Dont die to the clouds and don't run that stuff into the raid plz). and it took 3 times to down Brackenspore. It was easy once the flamers got their strat together.
    Last edited by Doompanther; 2014-12-04 at 04:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayron
    Read the link. Quit talking.

Deleted
    Pretty smoothly, we cleared normal twice and did 2x 4/7 hc runs and boomkin felt really good, topping two of the fights and staying in top 5 in the rest, given that we did have 50% alts with us. Will probably clear one run through today and the other one on sunday.

We downed everyting up to Twin Ogron (downed to 50% on second attempt but we run out of raiding time) on normal, hope we will clear tonight everything and start working on HC.

Overall i felt very good, ended 4th on kargath with 19,6k dps and i was more observing what's happening with my raiders then focusing on rotation.

On butcher i pulled 19k dps but i was assined to run in and out of melee to stack debuff so there is a lot of place for improvement

Brackenspore was a mess for me i grabbed flamethrower and was more learning and observing fight then dpsing so my dmg done was kinda shiet :P

And ofc on Tectus i rulled the meter xD we are very strong when it comes to bursting multiple targets which don't die in few seconds (like in dungeons...)

Run all the way with Incarnation and Euphoria but will start testing next week with some other talents.

Deleted
    I was easily ahead of everyone else in the raid as feral, we were only doing Normal up to tectus, to test out the waters. died on butcher because our trigger guy fucked up and we got too many stacks, was top on khargath but i messed up and got myself chained into the stands by accident so lost a lot of DPS there, and tectus i came top but feel even though our tactic was to single target the motes 1 at a time that i missed out by not keeping rake up on everything.

I was a little apprehensive about our multi target doing nothing but 5 mans for weeks but feral plays so great when targets last more than 3 seconds, single target is great and any secondary targets make it that much better. My burst off the pull in particular was far and away the top in raid.
    Last edited by Asune; 2014-12-04 at 12:36 PM.

Finally got into an Pre-made group after being declined for like 12 of them. Topped the charts as usual and left after the 5th or so wipe on Kargath. I actually had more HPs than the Warrior Tank (who was using an Intellect weapon among other 615 and lower gear).

Waited for enough people in the guild to get in and went back in with 12 people (2 Tanks, 4 Healers (1 of which who was really undergeared) and 6 DPS). Killed Kargath on the 4th attempt. We got started late so we didn't go any further. I thought the fight was pretty well done. Looking forward to the Butcher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    Finally got into an Pre-made group after being declined for like 12 of them. Topped the charts as usual and left after the 5th or so wipe on Kargath. I actually had more HPs than the Warrior Tank (who was using an Intellect weapon among other 615 and lower gear).

Waited for enough people in the guild to get in and went back in with 12 people (2 Tanks, 4 Healers (1 of which who was really undergeared) and 6 DPS). Killed Kargath on the 4th attempt. We got started late so we didn't go any further. I thought the fight was pretty well done. Looking forward to the Butcher.
    He most likely uses a strength weep which appears as int for a boom kin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Very competitive with everyone in my raid as a balance druid. We one shotted Kargath on heroic, and moved onto butcher. Having started about 30 minutes before our raid was scheduled to end (server issues), we only got a few pulls in on butcher. But i was pulling anywhere between 19-23k depending on the attempt (averaging around 21-22k). Kargath my damage was a little lower than i had hoped but i was 4th on the meter with 20k dps (i got targetted by like 4 of his damn berserker rushes and was a little panicky on the first 2). Got the mastery/crit ring from kargath too! Good night overall (barring the server issues of course), really looking forward to seeing the rest of the fights.
    How are you able to do dps like that? I suppose you have 650 ilvl or smth like this? Because I'm doing 11-13k on average fight (this example is The Butcher) sometimes if i focus heavy enough on a game i can do 14k but thats all and i have 634 ilvl..... Is it ilvl problem or my (lack of?) skill is a problem?

Please tell me.

My guild managed to get H-Kargath down. Here's a video I recorded of it.
    I recently switched to boomkin from a prot/ret pally and am loving it so far. I feel my rotation isn't quite there yet but I think I did decent.

youtube.com/watch?v=WJ1KKz5vJg0

Had a blast. Hit 100 2 weeks ago (was enhance aka trashmasters) studied my butt off on feral and managed to hit top 100 (warcraft logs) for ferals with a 635 iLvl.

Its been a while since i have that much of an adrenaline rush. (btw i love the feral charge ability, oh you knocked me back? ha im still behind you doing my cat scratch fever dance)

Having not healed at all since ICC25 and never healed at all on a Druid I had a total mare on Kargath. We didnt wipe, and no1 died, but ofc I was looking at healing meters and I got ruined. So there is much to improve on/figure out for me where that is concerned.

Next 3 fights I went feral and just smashed everything to bits. I was sitting on 21-22k quite comfortably. Only real competition was the equally geared WW Monk. Christ they can bring the deeps. Managed to win gloves/staff and boots in the process, so I had a pretty good time after the first boss. Feral feels very stronk right now and very fun to play

Deleted
    Pleased with how balance performed. We can definately compete for dps on boss fights.

With were running half and half raids, so i only have our clear on normal on my druid. Doing the heroic clear on Sunday but i expect similar damage.

Tectus ultimately saw ret pali's and monks pulling out huge aoe dps compared to ranged classes simply due to the amount of movement. Movement is still something that has a large affect on our dps as spamming moonfire./sunfire on tectus for example whilst running with the Crystalline Barrage debuff is less than exciting and not good dps.

Really i think a similar talent to icy floes for mages would resolve this for moonkin rather than trying to think up something new which fails to work (think moonkin shuffle dance back in cataclysm). It would allow us to not be heavily penalised for short periods of running whilst not effectively turning us into a fully blown dps on the move character such as a hunter. Seems fine in my opinion.

Multiple target bosses seem quite strong but we perform well on fights that are mainly single target also. Starfall is just king at the moment for us and i dropped down on the meters on Imperator when not using starfall (didn't glyph it) to avoid aoeing down the raid damage adds.

That's easily fixed though with the glyph to significantly improve efficient dps on that fight.

Twin Ogron was my strongest fight with the typical two target multidotting.

I was running euphoria with incarnation on all fights. I will try some different combinations next week but that combination is a good solid build for the majority of encounters.

Links here if you are interested, i was 647 ilvl going in - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...gqKbc#fight=19

Deleted
    Only managed to kill 2 Kargath and Butcher as feral. Although I am somewhat undergeared (630), I was in the top 5 (26 man) both bosses so fairly happy. I have to say our raid survivability is excellent, my self-heals kept me in a much better position than most of the DPS so avoided getting too low. DPS on trash is rather poor but I expected that.

Deleted
    trash dps - starfall its not bad at all its just some other classes do better on that especially where trash doesn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadEarz View Post
    Tectus ultimately saw ret pali's and monks pulling out huge aoe dps compared to ranged classes simply due to the amount of movement. Movement is still something that has a large affect on our dps as spamming moonfire./sunfire on tectus for example whilst running with the Crystalline Barrage debuff is less than exciting and not good dps.

Really i think a similar talent to icy floes for mages would resolve this for moonkin rather than trying to think up something new which fails to work (think moonkin shuffle dance back in cataclysm). It would allow us to not be heavily penalised for short periods of running whilst not effectively turning us into a fully blown dps on the move character such as a hunter. Seems fine in my opinion.
    Haven't done Tectus yet, but how far do your run? I started using Displacer Beast in WoD and now I just can't play without it. That and Dash and Darkflight if you're Worgen probably makes us the fastest in the game. Unless you'd have to move continously just a little distance at a time ofc...

I don't think we're gonna see any changes to our movement spellcasting as we have Starfall, Starsurge and Moonfire to shoot on the run, which isn't so bad imo.

Deleted
    Last night was pretty fun, I went in as a balance druid thinking I would suck and my dps would be at the bottom of the list. I’ve only been playing with it for like 2 weeks but with ilvl 640 I managed with 18-20k on average with a mastery gem + enchant setup. I messed up a lot, the eclipse rotation is still a bit off for me but with some more practice I’ll be even better. Not sure why but we had like 5 druids in our raidteam that night, but the other two balance druids did closer to 15k dps.

In my guild I had to compete with a shadowpriest that did about the same damage, just below us with 16-18k we had an affliction warlock and a feral druid. Over all I felt like druids are in a very good place, our resto druid did very well also.

Deleted
    Boomkin was awesome we did 5/7 HC and the 6th on 8 %.
    On every Boss I did around 22k Dps with 641 ilvl. But the 6th boss sucks^^ on Skada the damage is looking so low for us spell dps