Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaw View Post
    ok thats like saying to pve players you have to do a bonus raid boss on stupid hard difficulty to get your bonus valor or crystals or watever you use for pve shit nowadays
    It's kind of not, with bonus rolls you could potentially get 3 extra pieces of gear a week, that's mandatory. Ashran 200 bonus only gets you full geared like one week earlier, and one piece isn't that game changing.

See, everyone has different tastes. I myself don't mind doing Ashran. Took me two days of about 2 hours each to cap the full 1700 for the week. Since you earn 125 per event that goes on, 350 for killing the commander in their base, 25 (maybe 75) for killing the elemental and those are what I remember off hand. The queue was probably 15-20 minute wait and that's with it being in Alliance favor most of the week as I went in and Kronus is sitting there and they were summoning the tree 5 minutes after we downed it each time.

Even when the balance is ok for each faction the place just isn't fun (somewhat addicting though for some reason).

They tried to recapture old AV but derped on quite a few points. One thing that made the tug of war in AV tolerable was the crazy amount of honor/rep you got from just being there (Unstoppable Force baby!) You barely get any thing in Ashran until you kill their General which is an insane chore if the sides are even.

Ashran is about the same length as AV but wider, other objectives are just to scattered and I'm not even sure how vital they are to the battle. One faction may not be able to get there depending on how far their pushed in. AV had two bunkers and towers that had to be taken down on the way thus forces had to disperse accordingly.

Finally AV is for 40 people, Ashran is like 200, it's not nearly as large as it should be imo. To make a place like this mandatory where you have little impact to change things on you own or even with a few friends is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Finally AV is for 40 people, Ashran is like 200, it's not nearly as large as it should be imo. To make a place like this mandatory where you have little impact to change things on you own or even with a few friends is silly.
    Yeah I thought it was weird that AV is like three times bigger than Ashran but there's significantly less people in it. Ashran needed to be way way bigger than it is, that's for sure. I also agree with the rest of what you said, like the side objectives seem completely and utterly pointless and if each team has the same number of players it's actually impossible to win, you just push back and forth for hours on end, and if you happen to get into the base the boss just resets whenever he hits like 40-50% anyway. The place is kind of a complete mess.

Honestly this shit should be removed. My realm never wins Trashran in a single week, and it is almost impossible to get any conquest from captains or the events. Only way I can get one is killing Fangraal 8 times

Side note : I heard that conquest from glad sanctum work orders count toward Trashran req. Anyone tested it? I don't have the building due to stupid lumber mill achievement shit
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Ashran is the biggest waste of shit Blizzard ever made.

Nobody likes it and its not fun. Its a shallow zergfest that tries to play off of AV's nostalgic "epicness" with big avatars, its not balanced, its bugged to shit, they purposefully tie conquest to it to give players an incentive to even give this shithole any recognition, and make it the best option to farm honor if you're winning.

Everyone reluctantly does Ashran and its a big waste of time which is good for Blizzard because the more time people spend on not reaching the "endgame" or getting fully geared the more they can get our of your subscription.

Whoever conceived this idea and gave the green light should be fired and should never design games ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Ashran is the biggest waste of shit Blizzard ever made.

Nobody likes it and its not fun. Its a shallow zergfest that tries to play off of AV's nostalgic "epicness" with big avatars, its not balanced, its bugged to shit, they purposefully tie conquest to it to give players an incentive to even give this shithole any recognition, and make it the best option to farm honor if you're winning.

Everyone reluctantly does Ashran and its a big waste of time which is good for Blizzard because the more time people spend on not reaching the "endgame" or getting fully geared the more they can get our of your subscription.

Whoever conceived this idea and gave the green light should be fired and should never design games ever again.
    See this entire post is incorrect. There are people who like it and people who do find it fun. Just because you don't doesn't mean "everyone or nobody".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    See this entire post is incorrect. There are people who like it and people who do find it fun. Just because you don't doesn't mean "everyone or nobody".
    I think it might be fun if they could get faction balancing down. As is (just from posts I've seen) CRZ has it so alliance is pretty much overpowering horde and farming them at their base's bridge on most servers (including both the ones I play on, Darkspear and Mal'ganis).

So those who find it fun are likely to be alliance players or the few horde server groups which do the same to alliance. I'd like to see if people found it "fun" if it's ever actually balanced and not just one side just completely rolling over the other side making it impossible for the other side to leave their base.

All of this of course can barely ever be done to begin with due to the immensely (3+ hours on MG easy) long queues.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I'm still annoyed that the conquest cap is 1700, yet shoulders are 1750. WHY ARE THEY 50 POINTS MORE!? WHY!?
    I just don't understand that decision, it literally makes no sense.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Required Ashran for conquest cap.
    Can't get into Ashran after hours of queue.

Feeling good.

At least gladiator's sanctum gave me some conquest points over and above the 1500 I got from arena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    Required Ashran for conquest cap.
    Can't get into Ashran after hours of queue.

Feeling good.

At least gladiator's sanctum gave me some conquest points over and above the 1500 I got from arena.
    Glad sanctum conquest points go over the 1500 cap ?? are you sure ?

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiBD View Post
    Glad sanctum conquest points go over the 1500 cap ?? are you sure ?
    100% sure. It's very random though; not reliable at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashran is fun. It's been looking like this since it opened. Also: This is after sitting in a 3 hour queue.

See, everyone has different tastes. I myself don't mind doing Ashran. Took me two days of about 2 hours each to cap the full 1700 for the week. Since you earn 125 per event that goes on, 350 for killing the commander in their base, 25 (maybe 75) for killing the elemental and those are what I remember off hand. The queue was probably 15-20 minute wait and that's with it being in Alliance favor most of the week as I went in and Kronus is sitting there and they were summoning the tree 5 minutes after we downed it each time.
    So you are on a grossly imbalanced Ashran where people can get 1700 cp in 2 hours, and you enjoyed it? cool story. How do you think people on the opposing faction are feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now play Horde. You get rekt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    So you are on a grossly imbalanced Ashran where people can get 1700 cp in 2 hours, and you enjoyed it? cool story. How do you think people on the opposing faction are feeling.
    That's not what I said at all. I said I capped in about 4 hours because I ran around doing the events and we killed their commander once. Also, for your information our realms have been pretty balanced to where one side pushes into our base with their elemental and once it's down we push into their base and back and forth.

You are grossly mistaken if you think every realm is "uneven and one side gets nothing but losses".

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    And now play Horde. You get rekt.
    Funny because I play nothing but horde. I have a 91 Alliance paladin, but that's only to get the Double Agent Achieve since I didn't hit 90 on it till after 6.0 and it was a toon a friend and I leveled during Catacylsm.

So, I'm sorry if you think every realm Horde gets "rekt" which I'm assuming you mean wrecked, but that's simply not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny because I play nothing but horde. I have a 91 Alliance paladin, but that's only to get the Double Agent Achieve since I didn't hit 90 on it till after 6.0 and it was a toon a friend and I leveled during Catacylsm.

So, I'm sorry if you think every realm Horde gets "rekt" which I'm assuming you mean wrecked, but that's simply not the case.
    Well I've been here about an hour now and their three was killed once. We pushed to the fort. And then their tree was already back in action. Now we're back in our base. There's literally 5+ Horde Captains idling in base right now. It's hard to count them because they're stacked like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Well I've been here about an hour now and their three was killed once. We pushed to the fort. And then their tree was already back in action. Now we're back in our base. There's literally 5+ Horde Captains idling in base right now. It's hard to count them because they're stacked like this:
    Yeah, I've only seen that happen when Kronus was bugged to all heck. My point was mainly that don't assume every realm is as bad as you think yours is. There are some that are decently balanced or slightly off. It's just like I don't say everyone who says their queue is 1hr+ just because mine is 15-20 minutes usually.