Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So I'm supposed to like Murlocs now?

I play Shaman for 75% of my games. I love playing Shaman.

I hate Murlocs. They do not appeal to me. I have disenchanted any Murloc card I've ever gotten so I wouldn't have to see their fishy faces.

I don't know what to think with these new GvG cards...

Deleted
    Um, then don't play them? I don't get the issue. No one is forcing you to use every single new card.

Found a bit disappointing too, Shaman is my favourite hero and having them be focused, rather randomly I might add, around murlocs sucks.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    There will still be other shaman decks. Deathrattle shamans will be a bit more interesting with the many new deathrattle mechs, and theres the ogre shaman too. Shamans only got 2 murloc cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    2 Murloc Cards and Shaman is now focused around Murlocs? Alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing Shaman a very lot myself. It's the only class I do constructed with, currently 10 off from golden (not a very active player) and it's pretty much the hero I feel most comfortable at.
    I'll probably try an end-game or ogre shaman. The reason I find it sad is that Shaman are the only heroes who got murloc-only cards. Those who don't like murlocs, effectively lost 2 class card slots that other classes "will" have the opportunity at. After all, murloc cards are only good in murloc decks (most of the time except a very few), any other card can be used in multiple decks.
    At least, that's how I look at it. I might be proven wrong, but as it stands I don't think I'll ever try them. I don't play murloc decks either. Disenchanted the whole bally lot of them all the time.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 new shaman murloc deck becomes new zoo and you'll all play it till next expansion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    inb4 new shaman murloc deck becomes new zoo and you'll all play it till next expansion...
    I play a Shaman to counter zoo, the thing I hate most of all. I'll never play a zoo deck

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    I play a Shaman to counter zoo, the thing I hate most of all. I'll never play a zoo deck
    Tears, so delicious.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    2 Murloc Cards and Shaman is now focused around Murlocs? Alright.
    I should have been more explicit, having those cards focused around murlocs sucks.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    And I doubt you'll ever play this game with a goal to be good at it. You can't really expect to discover the game's full potential if you dislike certain cards, can you?

The reason I find it sad is that Shaman are the only heroes who got murloc-only cards. Those who don't like murlocs, effectively lost 2 class card slots that other classes "will" have the opportunity at.
    And one of the "lost" cards is the only new class Legendary. That's pretty unfortunate if you don't like Murloc play; no Legendary this Xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    This is exactly what I hope doesn't happen. Hopefully other Shaman builds are better. I will definitely like to see how Ogres work in a Crusher style deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    And I doubt you'll ever play this game with a goal to be good at it. You can't really expect to discover the game's full potential if you dislike certain cards, can you?
    I play to enjoy the game, obviously ^.^ When I say I hate zoo, it's just that I don't like to play against them since it all works around my first hand, and their, basically
    I like longer games that last at least 9 turns

I should've worded myself better: "I always played Shaman, but I changed my deck to counter zoo so I don't have a 100% loss chance to them"

WTF THEY ARE ADDING 2 NEW CARDS, SHAMAN FOREVER ENSLAVED TO THE MURLOC OVERLORDS.

serious talk: it's 2 cards, you don't need to use them :-)) you can still play the same deck you used right now with maybe a few small card changes if you want.

I think that the main problem is murloc being a pretty niche tribal deck type should not be solely made into class-specific cards as you're wasting space that could be used to add to the unique flavors of each class.

The one 4 drop is bad by itself but the legendary is actually pretty decent. The average murloc is probably now around 2/2 in stats. So it isn't at all that bad, plus they will most likely synergize with one another. So think of it as a 7/7 for 7 thats draws you 4 2/2s with an overload of 3, that isn't that bad. It isn't great but considering all the buffing shamans do it could be very good. Plus I wouldn't say it would be out of the question to run one murloc warleader for this card, a vanilla 3/3 isn't terrible and if you gt 4 murlocs on the board and use a war leader suddenly you have a very scary board.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    And one of the "lost" cards is the only new class Legendary. That's pretty unfortunate if you don't like Murloc play; no Legendary this Xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly what I hope doesn't happen. Hopefully other Shaman builds are better. I will definitely like to see how Ogres work in a Crusher style deck.
    Even outside a murloc deck, Neptulon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bolvar.

Deleted
    How can anyone hate Murlocs? They're so cute.

Deleted
    Neptulon is pretty great actually. You don't even need to run him in a Murloc deck (and probably shouldn't as they tend towards aggro), because the Murlocs you draw are likely going to synergise with one another. You play them, they do the Murlocing for you and then you forget about them.

Deleted
    People are definitely overlooking this card; mountain + sea giants will likely be played with neptulon because of the card advantage it gives you imo, never mind the other new cards or old cards that rely on having a high card count/board presence.