Something kicking slacking/AFK-ing players automatically from LFR-groups?

Greetings travelers!

So I've been farming the new MC on pretty much a daily basis now since it released 2 weeks ago, hoping for getting the Flames of Ragnaros enchantment to drop (yeah yeah blabla no life etc.). Now as it's becoming pretty boring to farm it multiple times over and over, I sometimes tend to start semi-AFKing at some point during the runs (yeah yeah blabla I'm a bastard etc.). So yes, as an AFKer, the rest of the group has all the right to kick me. That's all fine with me.

Now I've gotten kicked 2 times (today and Sunday) from the raid since the release of the new MC, but the strange thing is that NONE said anything in raid-chat such as ''kick *insert name*, he's AFKing'', which people usually do. No, I just *poof* automatically got removed from the group when I started semi-AFKing for several minutes, without any word being said by anyone or any notification. There is no way the raid noticed me semi-AFKing, as I was auto-attacking mobs all the time and never somewhere else sitting in 1 place within MC or so. Sure, people who watch meters, could notice I'm semi-AFKing, but like I said, none said anything in raid-chat or whispered me, and it requires multiple votes in order to kick someone. My status also wasn't on ''Away''. I've asked the other players whom I was with in the group if they also got randomly kicked from the group, but it was just me.

I've heard that some other people were getting randomly kicked 2 weeks ago, but as far as I know this issue has been resolved only mere days after it started 2 weeks ago.

So, how do you guys think this happened? Is there some AddOn which automatically tracks down AFKers and vote-kicks them or something? Do guys think Blizzard implemented a new system which automatically kicks (semi)-AFKing players? Was there a bored Game Master hanging around in MC kicking out slackers?

TL;DR: ''Something'' removed me from the LFR-group twice when I started to slack, but it's unlikely that the other players have done it. What could it have been?

Note: Please don't hate on me for AFKing, I already stated that I should have gotten kicked because I deserved it and that I'm cool with that. I opened this thread only to get insight on how I got kicked from the raid. (or ''what'')
    Last edited by Tisane; 2014-12-03 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Greetings travelers!

So I've been farming the new MC on pretty much a daily basis now since it released 2 weeks ago, hoping for getting the Flames of Ragnaros enchantment to drop (yeah yeah blabla no life etc.). Now as it's becoming pretty boring to farm it multiple times over and over, I sometimes tend to start semi-AFKing at some point during the runs (yeah yeah blabla I'm a bastard). So yes, as an AFKer, the rest of the group has all the right to kick me. That's all fine with me.

Now I've gotten kicked 2 times (today and Sunday) from the raid since the release of the new MC, but the strange thing is that NONE said anything in raid-chat such as ''kick *insert name*, he's AFKing'', which people usually do. No, I just *poof* automatically got removed from the group when I started semi-AFKing for several minutes, without any word being said by anyone or any notification. There is no way the raid noticed me semi-AFKing, as I was auto-attacking mobs all the time and never somewhere else sitting in 1 place within MC or so. Sure, people who watch meters, could notice I'm semi-AFKing, but like I said, none said anything in raid-chat or whispered me, and it requires multiple votes in order to kick someone. My status also wasn't on ''Away''. I've asked the other players whom I was with in the group if they also got randomly kicked from the group, but it was just me.

I've heard that some other people were getting randomly kicked 2 weeks ago, but as far as I know this issue has been resolved only mere days after it started 2 weeks ago.

So, how do you guys think this happened? Is there some AddOn which automatically tracks down AFKers and vote-kicks them or something? Do guys think Blizzard implemented a new system which automatically kicks (semi)-AFKing players? Was there a bored Game Master hanging around in MC kicking out slackers?

TL;DR: ''Something'' removed me from the LFR-group twice when I started to slack, but it's unlikely that the other players have done it. What could it have been?

Note: Please don't hate on me for AFKing, I already stated that I should have gotten kicked because I deserved it and that I'm cool with that. I opened this thread only to get insight on how I got kicked from the raid. (or ''what'')

were there people from the same guild in your group? its pretty usual for a guild group to vote kick lazy fuckers without using chat you can see.

firstly - douchebag! but good luck with the enchant

secondly, it doesn't take the instigation on chat for people to notice you are standing there doing nothing during a bossfight, or are out of range and not moving, to then report you afk. generally, i dont call people out as afk unless they are still in the group 2 bosses later without contributing a dime, but most of the time they'll get kicked by people who do notice. i dont need the confrontation, neither do they.

it only takes 5 people to notice you afk and silently report you for you to get kicked, which is much more likely to happen in a 40 man lfr than a 25 man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    were there people from the same guild in your group? its pretty usual for a guild group to vote kick lazy fuckers without using chat you can see.
    this too - people with voice chat on will discuss it, watch you stay afk without saying anything and poof, you're out of the raid.

edit: but i'd also like to think there is some anti-afk systems now in place, but that would be harsh on people that have specifically stated they are going afk for X minutes. so yea, it's probably just a silent few noticing you slacked off, or a guild group with voice chat.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    it doesn't take the instigation on chat for people to notice you are standing there doing nothing during a bossfight, or are out of range and not moving, to then report you afk. It only takes 5 people to notice you afk and silently report you for you to get kicked, which is much more likely to happen in a 40 man lfr than a 25 man.
    Like I've said, people can't notice I'm afking unless they're looking at the damage meters as I'm remaining active enough. I'm not slacking behind in one place or away from the group, I'm just auto-attacking mobs all the time instead of using a rotation. I was also semi-afking as a Rogue. So I'm not such an obvious afker like a Mage would be for example, as they have to deal with casting-bars.

I find it very unlikely that 5 people would 1. Notice me afking without watching meters 2. None of the meter-watchers mentioning it in the chat 3. This happening for the second time within a few days.

I've also thought about it that maybe a group of people discussed it on voicechat, but I haven't noticed several players from 1 guild in the group. Maybe it could have been a bunch of cross-realm friends? But again, even in that case, I find it very unlikely that all of this could happen 2 times within such a short time-frame.

I am not aware of an add-on that tracks that no. But anyone who's sensitive to this kind of behavior (which should be pretty much everyone) will notice your stupidly low DPS on a meter and do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I am not aware of an add-on that tracks that no. But anyone who's sensitive to this kind of behavior (which should be pretty much everyone) will notice your stupidly low DPS on a meter and do something about it.
    But 5 people watching the meters, and then all 5 of them wanting to kick me without saying a word in chat, plus it happening twice? What are the chances of that?

But 5 people watching the meters, and then all 5 of them wanting to kick me without saying a word in chat, plus it happening twice? What are the chances of that?
    With enough people in the raid it's not that surprising. I voted to kick people constantly in SoO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty high I'd say - remember, it's 40 people. Far from everyone bothers with calling out people slacking, they just silently vote kick them. I've also seen vote polls for ppl afk:ing without anyone pointing something out in chat. When those happens I instantly check the meters to see if it could be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    Pretty high I'd say - remember, it's 40 people. Far from everyone bothers with calling out people slacking, they just silently vote kick them. I've also seen vote polls for ppl afk:ing without anyone pointing something out in chat. When those happens I instantly check the meters to see if it could be the case.
    To kick someone in MC you need 7 votes.
    Still, don't go afk and you wont get kicked.

Pretty high I'd say. In my MC last night we had about a dozen or so kicks for assorted reasons, including auto attack AFKers. Of that dozen or so, only two or three anyone said anything. The rest of the time, people were just kicked without people taking the time to say anything.

Slackers are a lot more noticeable than you think.

Deleted
    A gang of douchebags in MC tried to get me kicked because I stealthed ahead of the raid while it was clearing trash, because I wanted to see what was ahead. I got away with it though because the tank was having none of it and kept pulling. Sometimes you just get dickheads who are below average but just pick out someone and hound on them trying to get them kicked.