Hand of Purity on Kargath's impale, does it work?

I am going to raid a holy this weekend, just curious whether Hand of Purity will help our tank to survive Kargath's impale. As the tooltip of Hand of Purity say not working on certain creature's abilities.

doesn't look like purity works for impale based on what i can see from our raid logs

Quote Originally Posted by Komanchi View Post
    doesn't look like purity works for impale based on what i can see from our raid logs
    Got a link to confirm?

I noticed that the tanks health would drop down faster/lower when i didn't use HoP on them, and when i did they never went below 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by paladative View Post
    I am going to raid a holy this weekend, just curious whether Hand of Purity will help our tank to survive Kargath's impale. As the tooltip of Hand of Purity say not working on certain creature's abilities.
    first impale shouldnt need any cd from you. But the second impale a tank gets will require a CD from him and from another source IE you giving sac, or ironbark from a druid. Or just solid heals

Deleted
    I sac every time they have a stack on, no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Haioden View Post
    first impale shouldnt need any cd from you. But the second impale a tank gets will require a CD from him and from another source IE you giving sac, or ironbark from a druid. Or just solid heals
    2nd impale is fine even with a single CD to be honest...

And Kargath hits for so little it doesn't matter to use them on Impale.

DProt + SotR (half the duration) or Guardian + SotR is usually more than enough, even in Heroic. You can also do DProt + Seraphim if you feel like it. Kind of a waste but if you're squishy...

Not directly related, but Hand of Purity is good for Breckenspores breath+dot.

The breath is every 30-40seconds, so you lose the 40% debuff from DP every breath, but instead gain 10% mitigation and 80% mitigation to his DoT on you while he is breathing. And you can cast it on the other tank if you are taking it as a Tank. As a healer I would definitely recommend it to throw on each tank for the breath.
    (I'm not entirely sure if hand of purity works on the breath damage, but the dot is a big part of the dmg)
    Tank Extraordinaire

As ret i got it macro'ed to cast on me or TargetsTarget, and hit it when needed

I believe it does work, but to be honest the dot isn't so powerful that it's worth taking Purity over Clemency. Sacrifice mitigates the damage just fine.

My guild did a full heroic clear this week, and I used Purity on Brackenspore as well as Butcher. Those were the only two fights that we (me and my GM/pally tank) felt Purity was a better choice than Clemency.