Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[WW] Let's talk Highmaul!

So hopefully everyone got some experience with Highmaul yesterday. I'd like to see what people thought of each boss.

My logs:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/18#v=0,d=0
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/P2wtYnCfdBGmWcZq/

I'm Qi.

Boss thoughts (normal mode at least, going for heroic tonight):
    Kargath: Pretty simple, both monks weren't chain group. Ran Brew/Serenity/Xuen
    Butcher: Same as above
    Brackenspore: Same as above. I did think about taking RJW but the mushrooms died relatively fast so the only real add was the big add.
    Tectus: I ran ChiEx+Acension+RJW while other monk I believe did the build above. Apart from not used to ChiEx and my haste level, I felt it was more useful to take AOE skills and have slightly lower ST dps. Things got a little crazy with the damage going out/people standing in fire so the faster you burn the adds down the better. We tanked them apart which I'm not sure was the best strat.
    Twin: Brew/Serenity/Xuen as we didn't really tank them close enough to AOE hard. I kept a SEF clone on one and just did my best to avoid fire.
    Imperator: Couldn't get the kill but ran Brew/Serenity/Xuen. I felt exceptionally strong this fight as I could mitigate most of the damage. SEF add to avoid the aoe dmg from add, had ToK/Dampen Magic for every Nova until last phase. Strong AOE for the add phases, etc.

Overall thoughts:
    Pretty happy with where we are given that we're a pure DPS class with no raid CDs.
    WTB better personal loot luck

My guild only got to run for about 2 hours last night due to server issues. I ran Chi Brew/Xuen/Serenity the whole night. We only downed Kargath and The Butcher and ran out of time. Sadly, for Kargath I was put on the chain group ): The Butcher was pretty much a tank and spank for us although we did have someone derp in the melee group which caused one of our stacked melee groups to just instantly die lol. I'll most likely edit this with logs after tonight because we'll get in a full raid night, and hopefully the rest of Highmaul down so I can give further input.

My guild only manged to get about 10 people online at the same time right when our normal raid end time is (everyone else was stuck trying to log on) so we only did Kargath on normal for funs. We had 1 tank, 2 healers, and the rest dps. It wasn't too bad, we did kill him and fun was had. I did go up in the stands so I ran Ascension/ChiEx and I think it was my favorite part of the fight. On normal the adds seemed pretty squishy, and wasn't too bad to manage. Hopefully servers will be more stable tonight and we'll be able to start on Heroic.

I ran ascension/Chi Ex the entire night and did 20k on kargath, 22 on butcher and 26 on tectus (I was on flamethrower for swamp boss so only did like 17). I think I am going to try Chi Brew/Serenity tonight on everything but tectus and see how that goes.

I will provide some logs tonight if they are not made private by leaders.

I didn't raid last night as my group goes on the weekend.
    But from what I did see on streams (as the servers were down / unplayable) was WW doing pretty decent!
    Also from most of the fights I've seen, WW monks look to be in a good place, specially with SEF cleave. Very Happy about that.

I have a question though, on Saturday (when we raid), do you guys think we should try Heroic first and then go normal ?
    I mean, I understand seeing you guys don't know our DPS and stuff, it is hard for you to judge. But lets see we are all good competitive players. (around 20k DPS - everonye).
    Also, we only raid 2 days, so do you think learning the fight on heroic (despite watching videos) is a good idea? Or should we give our most on normal and if we clear it try for heroic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenrahll View Post
    I didn't raid last night as my group goes on the weekend.
    But from what I did see on streams (as the servers were down / unplayable) was WW doing pretty decent!
    Also from most of the fights I've seen, WW monks look to be in a good place, specially with SEF cleave. Very Happy about that.

I have a question though, on Saturday (when we raid), do you guys think we should try Heroic first and then go normal ?
    I mean, I understand seeing you guys don't know our DPS and stuff, it is hard for you to judge. But lets see we are all good competitive players. (around 20k DPS - everonye).
    Also, we only raid 2 days, so do you think learning the fight on heroic (despite watching videos) is a good idea? Or should we give our most on normal and if we clear it try for heroic ?
    Depends on the iLvl of the raid. We ran normal on personal loot to just try and get some more gear/ilvls before we did heroic. We nearly cleared normal mode last night in 3 hrs so shouldn't be an issue to do norm first if you guys think you need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Through some sheer miracle we got 30 people on last night once we killed the loading screen boss and did a normal run. Heroic tonight.
    Kargath: used Serenity, did horrible. Realized here that I should probably get my WA's setup xD
    Butcher: switched to CheX because the gear I have is much more suited for it. Nothing much to say since it's tank n spank.
    Bracken: CheX. SEF'd Bracken and punched the add to death. WTB more blue mushrooms.
    Tectus: Died many times because I'm really bad. Had to get the tanks to start facing him so that the mist doesn't go right through melee on the way to range. We'll see how it goes tonight.
    Ogron: Great fight. Had to keep nagging the tanks to get them just a litttttle closer so CheX could cleave. I'm thankful that there isn't anything here to kill our clones so we can fire and forget.
    Ko'ragh: healed this, no opinion.
    Imperator: sleep > normal

Tonight I'll try and not suck (this includes getting my WA's setup cause...lazy)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/860/
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2014-12-03 at 10:30 PM. Reason: xtra info

Deleted
    ran with guild tonight (30 man), used chi brew, xuen and serenity the entire night. I'm 639 and using a 645 2H.

Damage/DPS results:
    Kargath: 5120k dmg done, 17.3K DPS. I was sent up to the stands twice.
    Butcher: 5393k dmg done, 20.8k DPS.
    Tectus.: 15346k dmg done, 24.9k DPS.

Don't know how it stands compared to other WW monks, but I feel I didn't mess up too much during the fights so I figured I'd post this as a comparison for others.
    Last edited by mmocb94fa88e31; 2014-12-03 at 11:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    ChiEx is king for Twin Ogron and Tectus (if you stack the split bosses)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    Depends on the iLvl of the raid. We ran normal on personal loot to just try and get some more gear/ilvls before we did heroic. We nearly cleared normal mode last night in 3 hrs so shouldn't be an issue to do norm first if you guys think you need it.
    I would strongly suggest NOT to use Personal. If you have a large group (our guild was running 30 people) we were only getting 3 personal loot drops per boss on the first two bosses, so we switched to Master looter. With 30 people, we were getting 7 pieces of loot to drop. I would say to put it to personal loot for trash, so that you can get as many BoE items as possibly to either gear up your raid or sell on the AH.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got a clear in tonight, ran serenity for Kargath, Butcher, Brackenspore and Ko'ragh (but would use it for Ogrons too if we didn't tank them together) and ChiEx for the others. Always used Xuen and Chi Brew, not sure why I'd want to use Ascension for any of the bosses in Highmaul save Tectus. I see people saying it's a dps increase even on single target but with proper chi brew usage (simc default is not aggressive enough with it) ascension is only good when you start spinning and there's little of that going on.

Deleted
    Hi !

Here's my log for the 4 first bosses in NM. HM tomorrow, I'll link the logs if I can.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zWZN3nTYpgyVAHqP

I died on Kargath and Tectus, kinda like an idiot, so I can't really say.
    I did 22k on butcher, with Brew/Xuen/Serenity, but could've done better cause I missed one FoF due to his jump.
    I did 24k on Brackenspore with Ascencion/Xuen/ChiEx, I found it pretty strong, but I'm thinking of trying Brew/Xuen/Serenity tomorrow.

Here are we waiting for the nerf bat

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey! We killed Kargath, Brackenspore, The Butcher, & Twin Ogron before our raid time was up and I was #1 on every fight running Ascension/Xuen/ChiEx for every fight. The only fights where I was miles ahead of the other melee in our group were Tectus and Twin Ogron. On Twins I was pushing about 30k consistently thanks to SEF and abusing Karma during either shield charge or by running into the fire. On every other fight the melee group seemed to be pushing relatively similar numbers with me 2-3k dps higher. I was going to make dps guides for the 5 man heroics but I figured with raids coming out this week I'd just film those since they're what really matter. Hope everyone is having fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Always used Xuen and Chi Brew, not sure why I'd want to use Ascension for any of the bosses in Highmaul save Tectus. I see people saying it's a dps increase even on single target but with proper chi brew usage (simc default is not aggressive enough with it) ascension is only good when you start spinning and there's little of that going on.
    On an excessively long fight like Brackenspore Ascension is a godsend.
    Last edited by Kezyah; 2014-12-04 at 12:57 AM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Full normal Highmaul inside the link. (I am Dys obviously )

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...PYQ2fVB#boss=0

I messed up on some of the fights, and on Ko´ragh I had to soak orbs for a long part of the encounter. Ran Chi Brew, Xuen and Serenity, but can see Chi Explosion being really great on fights like Twin Ogrons.

Cleared 7/7 normal and 7/7 heroic using Chi brew / Serenity / Xuen for every fight. I personally didn't play too well on the kills (was actually dead on most, rip) , but I felt those talents were the best for each. I could see using Chi-Ex/Ascension for Tectus and Imperator Mar'gok, though.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...JfNQ4z#fight=7

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Enzy/advanced
    Last edited by Enzymic; 2014-12-04 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Hey guys
    I am going into Highmaul tonight for the 1.st time. From what I understand these are the specs I should use:

Kargath Bladefist: Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    The Butcher: Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    Tectus: Ascension, Xuen, Chi Explosion
    Brackenspore: Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    Twin Orgon: Ascension, Xuen, Chi Explosion / Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity (Depending on your strategy and if you tank the twins together or spread)
    Ko'ragh: Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    Imperator Mar'gok: Ascension, Xuen, Chi Explosion

Correct me if I am wrong

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boombrew View Post
    Hey guys
    I am going into Highmaul tonight for the 1.st time. From what I understand these are the specs I should use:

Kargath Bladefist: Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    The Butcher: Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    Tectus: Ascension, Xuen, Chi Explosion
    Brackenspore: Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    Twin Orgon: Ascension, Xuen, Chi Explosion / Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity (Depending on your strategy and if you tank the twins together or spread)
    Ko'ragh: Chi Brew, Xuen, Serenity
    Imperator Mar'gok: Ascension, Xuen, Chi Explosion

Correct me if I am wrong
    Kargath - It really depends on if you are in the stands group or not. if you are not, they yea go Serenity. If you are in the stands group at least take RJW instead, but possibly go Chi Explosion.

Brackenspore I would use Chi Explosion due to the fact that you get 30% haste while the blue mushroom is up and you are under it which helps the rotation a lot (plus you are cleaving like mad on the big add that spawns and is tanked on top of the boss).

Ko'ragh is debatable. You can go Chi Explosion to help with the bubble the boss puts up. It will appear you are doing crap for damage on Skada/Recount but on Warcraft Logs, it will even everything out. So ask your RL what is needed.

Margok, I actually went Serenity for this since the adds that do spawn barely are up long enough to take full advantage of Chi Explosion. SEF though is VERY useful for this fight.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2014-12-04 at 03:09 PM.

Here is my NORMAL log for tonight while we were trialing new blood. I am Dec.
    Not a fan of chi explosion, used chi+serenity+xuen on all fights but tectus (ascension,serenity,rjw). ignore twins i died like a baddie
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...axRBV2F#boss=0
    Last edited by DehkFM; 2014-12-04 at 03:14 PM.

I main Brewmaster but am playing windwalker this week:

I played BM in normal but we had another WW in the raid
    For heroic we had 2 WW

Normal 7/7: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...j6hRG8N#boss=0
    Heroic 5/7: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...XLft7HP#boss=0

Windwalker is pretty solid on all fights at the moment. Wouldn't say it needs a nerf just yet though.